TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Whitney: Season Two Thread *Spoilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Just watched the season premier.....was disappointed that it was just more of the same with them possibly breaking up....yet again.

Are we ever going to get past that plot line?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I didn't think it was the possibly breaking up. I thought it was just them dealing with the realities of relationships: Men and women are different and there will always be problems. How you deal with those problems is the key. And Whitney learned in this episode that she can't always just run away to her friends when there are problems.

Having said that, I'm sure they'll have Whitney doing the same thing again in the future, since that's how sitcoms set up their "situations."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
It's just that it is the same thing almost every episode with her and their relationship.

The episodes I enjoyed the most had nothing to do with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I thought the entire first half of this episode was really stiff and weird. A lot like a pilot, where the actors aren't quite comfortable with each other or their character. But, I did like the second half a lot more. Hopefully Ep 2 picks up there and goes forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
The one thing that threw me off was, the episode takes place just after the non-wedding, so it's still mid-May in the Whitneyverse, yet there's a reference to Honey Boo Boo, whose series didn't start until August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
I'm gonna give it a go. SP Set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YCantAngieRead View Post
That was disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
Uh-oh... You're usually my arbiter of good taste when it comes to guilty pleasures... If you don't like it... It's gotta be bad.
I usually stay neutral in the "Season Long" vs "Episode" Thread discussions, but is there any objection to at least starting a new season thread when it's a new season?

JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
There's nothing fantastic about this show, but for me it's one of those that if I kill 20 minutes watching it, I was still entertained.

With, for instance, HIMYM, which I am trying to stick with to the end just because I've invested so much time in it now, I usually come away thinking, "that was a waste of another 20 minutes - why do I keep watching?".
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
astrohip
Stuart F

I thought it was ok. I'm trying not to judge the 2nd season based on the premiere. It did come across flat at times, but I like it enough to give it a few more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I usually stay neutral in the "Season Long" vs "Episode" Thread discussions, but is there any objection to at least starting a new season thread when it's a new season?

None at all. Most sitcoms are a natural for a season thread. It takes a MF or BBT to justify eps threads.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
DLiquid
Progressive User

The premiere was uneven, like much of last season. The first part of the episode had no laughs, then that scene with Alex getting an erection was hilarious. This show has the potential to be a very good sitcom, they just need to figure out how to make it more consistently funny.
DLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote