TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
tmozer
New Tivo Premiere Ow

New Premiere Recording Issue

As soon as I had the cable card activated and working in our new Tivo Premiere, my wife wanted episodes of "The Jeffersons" recorded that were scheduled on one channel from 11 am to 5 pm. I choose the "Season Pass" option for the Jeffersons and was happy that I was able to set it up quick enough to record the series. As I was leaving the condo for my excercise walk my wife ask if it was going to record? I said I hope so (and got that "why don't you know for sure" look). But at that moment it was 11 am and the red light on the Tivo came on and I announced to her it was a go. After 5 I decided to check it out. The Premiere had created a "Jeffersons" folder showing 11 shows. "Nice" I thought to myself! But when I showed my wife she informed me that there should have been 12 episodes recorded. WTF!! I checked the TV schedule from the afternoon and cross checked which episodes were recorded and which one was missing. The first episode on the schedule was missing. The one that started at 11.

I saw the red light come on at 11. Why was that one not recorded?
tmozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
WhiskeyTango

You can check the Recording History to see if it says why it wasn't recorded. It's also possible there was no signal at that time. It would have shown the red light on as the Tivo was trying to record it. But when the recording finished and there was no program, it is automatically deleted.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
tmozer
New Tivo Premiere Ow

Apparently when I set up the Season Pass I was confused about the max number of episodes option. I left it at 10. Why it allowed 11 is a question......
tmozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
jrtroo
User

If suggestions are on, it could have gotten 10 through the SP and one for a suggestion.