TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
jtanenbaum
Once a New Member

Picasa-edited Picture Folders

I use Picasa on my PC to edit photos because I am familiar with and like the editing tools. But when I access a Picasa-edited pictures folders on my PC networked with my TiVo so that I can watch a slide show on my TiVo-connected TV monitor, the slideshow does not show the Picasa-edited images. It shows only the original images. Is there anyway to stream the Picasa-edited images to the TiVo? (by the way, I do not want to watch the slide show from Picasa/Google+ on the web, because those are compressed images, and Picasa on the web offers limited free space)
jtanenbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanenbaum View Post
I use Picasa on my PC to edit photos because I am familiar with and like the editing tools. But when I access a Picasa-edited pictures folders on my PC networked with my TiVo so that I can watch a slide show on my TiVo-connected TV monitor, the slideshow does not show the Picasa-edited images. It shows only the original images. Is there anyway to stream the Picasa-edited images to the TiVo? (by the way, I do not want to watch the slide show from Picasa/Google+ on the web, because those are compressed images, and Picasa on the web offers limited free space)
If you're aiming the TiVo at a PC folder with the edited photos in it, how is it finding some separate folder with the originals in it?

Are you using TiVo Desktop?

Are you sure that Desktop is "publishing" the folder which you think it is?
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

With Picasa, you need to upload the picture to PicasaWeb to be able to view from that album on the Tivo.

Another way is with Tivo Desktop, where you publish (actually setting) the folder and on Music, Photos and showcases menu, you can find an entry to your computer.

PyTivo can do photos as well, but it needs a image library utility installed.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
jtanenbaum
Once a New Member

I will try tonight again.. but all I am doing is using the TiVo menu which identifies my networked PC, then going into the My Pictures folder and finding the subfolder i want to play. I don't see a way to direct that to a Picasa folder. I've wasted time editing with Picasa if I can't show those on my TiVo. Although i guess i can simply use a USB cable and attach my PC to my TV and play the slide show. Its just that using a networked stream from PC to TiVo is so much more convenient.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
unitron

Do you have TiVo Desktop installed and (at least the server part of it) running?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
jtanenbaum
Once a New Member

yes. TiVo desktop is installed (i'm not sure what you mean by the "server part of it")
Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
shiffrin

Picasa doesn't actually change the photos when you edit them. It preserves the original and the edits are saved separately. However, you can save the edited photo into a new folder or the same folder if you wish. There are various options for that. Take a look at the Picasa help and look up "picasa edit pics" and read a few of the items found.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #8
jtanenbaum
Once a New Member

Thanks!

I knew that Picasa saved its edits and applied them from a separate file. What I did not realize that is that that Picasa edit file wouldn't be applied (read) when streaming to the TiVo. After I hit the button for "save to disk" in Picasa, which takes the edits and saves actual new jpg files, everything worked reasonably well.

HOWEVER - I had captions on my Picasa photos and they are not displaying on the TiVo. Any ideas there?

I also had a music file attached in Picasa and there is not music on the TiVo either (that's probably a different issue, maybe i need to make Picasa "movie" of the still pics and add the music and then add it to TiVo desktop).
Old 11-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanenbaum View Post
yes. TiVo desktop is installed (i'm not sure what you mean by the "server part of it")
When you boot up Windows, if there's a little TiVo guy down on the right with the clock, but you don't actually have the program open where you see a list of the shows already on the computer and can click on the button that opens another screen where you pick more shows to copy from the TiVo, then that means that the server part is running.

Another way to tell if the server part is running is to go to the bottom of the Now Playing List on the TiVo and see if the name of the computer shows up as a folder.

If it does, the server part's running.