TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
View Poll Results: Which of the following broadcast network shows will be the first canceled this fall?
The Mob Doctor 41 21.69%
Partners 15 7.94%
Guys With Kids 19 10.05%
The New Normal 5 2.65%
Animal Practice 38 20.11%
Last Resort 5 2.65%
The Neighbors 44 23.28%
Revolution 10 5.29%
Ben and Kate 8 4.23%
Other (specify below) 4 2.12%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #301
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,215
I agree, very similar to Grey's. I like Grey's but it's on it's last legs. I was hoping Emily would stick around once Grey is gone.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #302
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 5,521
You would think they would learn. Medical shows with gimmicks don't work.

Last year:

Dead Doctor still hangs around the hospital=cancelled
Doctor can see and talk to his ex-wife=cancelled

This year
Doctor with annoying monkey=cancelled
Doctor with ties to mob=Cancelled
Doctor who gives herself advice in voice overs and ignores it=cancelled.

Out of all of them, I liked last years dead wife seeing doc best.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #303
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 33,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
You would think they would learn. Medical shows with gimmicks don't work.

Last year:

Dead Doctor still hangs around the hospital=cancelled
Doctor can see and talk to his ex-wife=cancelled

This year
Doctor with annoying monkey=cancelled
Doctor with ties to mob=Cancelled
Doctor who gives herself advice in voice overs and ignores it=cancelled.

Out of all of them, I liked last years dead wife seeing doc best.
Well Scrubs lasted for years with the voice over gimmick. House had a gimmick too (crotchety doctor). I think GOOD medical shows can last, gimmick or no.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #304
nyny523
Oy
 
nyny523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Yawk
Posts: 26,978
I have been watching Emily Owens. Every week, I want it to be better. Every week I want the main character to stop being a doormat and stand up for herself.

Every week I have been disappointed. I am not surprised it was canceled. I wish they had given her a little more of a spine...
__________________
LET'S GO METS!!!
nyny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #305
laria
Librocubicularist
 
laria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Seacoast, NH
Posts: 12,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I have been watching Emily Owens. Every week, I want it to be better. Every week I want the main character to stop being a doormat and stand up for herself.

Every week I have been disappointed. I am not surprised it was canceled. I wish they had given her a little more of a spine...
Yeah... I liked her previous medical show with a gimmick better... the "doctors doing the tv version of Doctors Without Borders in the jungle" one. I hadn't watched the last 2 episodes yet, and now I won't bother.

I will miss her McDreamy, though. The one who was the Green Arrow on Smallville.
__________________
Miranda
laria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #306
nyny523
Oy
 
nyny523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Yawk
Posts: 26,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Yeah... I liked her previous medical show with a gimmick better... the "doctors doing the tv version of Doctors Without Borders in the jungle" one. I hadn't watched the last 2 episodes yet, and now I won't bother.

I will miss her McDreamy, though. The one who was the Green Arrow on Smallville.
He was the best part of the show.

Good eye candy.
__________________
LET'S GO METS!!!
nyny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #307
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Yeah... I liked her previous medical show with a gimmick better... the "doctors doing the tv version of Doctors Without Borders in the jungle" one. I hadn't watched the last 2 episodes yet, and now I won't bother.

I will miss her McDreamy, though. The one who was the Green Arrow on Smallville.
Yeah, I liked Jungle Doctors, too!
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |