TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #31
Br@inst0rm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I was suggesting temporarily relocating the THD.

Wireless has issues of it's own.

Did you reboot everything after assigning the IP address? Both TiVos and all of the switches.

Have you tried a THD to computer transfer?
I did reboot everything. I haven't tried relocating the Tivo HD yet. I've ordered a copy of Tivo desktop. I'm waiting for it to be shipped.
Br@inst0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #32
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br@inst0rm View Post
I did reboot everything. I haven't tried relocating the Tivo HD yet. I've ordered a copy of Tivo desktop. I'm waiting for it to be shipped.
There are free (and IMHO better) alternatives to TiVo Desktop. And no need to wait for shipment. Even the free version of TiVo Desktop would be sufficient. Or You could just use your browser.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:51 AM   #33
Br@inst0rm

I relocated the Tivo HD to another jack in the house. Still have the same problem. All programs transfer fine except those > 1 hour.
Br@inst0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:42 PM   #34
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Some interesting reading here, and a "senior moment"...

I don't recall there being any pre-Roamio issues with "Green" switches, which were on the market, and in use, before the Roamio came out, and then had major issues with them.

AFAIK & TTBOMK, TiVo addressed the issue, fully. I'm seeing a lot of people dredging this outdated issue into the here and now, like as if it was never fixed, over many threads, on differing subjects, and in relation to TiVo models that didn't have issues with them.

IEEE 802.3az - Is the standard for "energy efficient ethernet" AKA: "Green".

Wikipedia page devoted to it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy-Efficient_Ethernet

It's not much to take in, and is worth reading. I'd like to try and stop the game of "telephone" going on, which is propagating around, and may cause a lot of confusion and misinformation about the Roamio-only, already-addressed issue with Green switches.

Moving on...

Usually, a transfer that keeps stopping at the same point, is due to that recording having an A/V glitch at that point, and the transfer chokes on it.

Turn it around and look at the problem from another direction:

Could the receiving TiVo have a bad sector on the drive, something corrupted within the databases, or that TiVo possibly just "think it doesn't have enough space"?

I'd suggest using KMTTG to bulk-delete the Recently Deleted folder contents, on both TiVos, then reboot both. A KS52 (Emergency software re-install) is the safest way to initiate database repairs, and least likely to cause a GSOD boot-loop, like KS57/58 sometimes will do.

If that doesn't do the trick, then I'd suggest the next step be clearing program information & TDL, from the reboot menu. Again, I'd do this on both TiVos. Recordings will not be lost, Season Passes will repopulate, and thumb ratings will remain. I'd suggest also clearing the thumb ratings and suggestions, as they have hooks into the databases. If you are OK with clearing them, I'd make that something to do BEFORE a KS52 (for maximum results).

I have very little belief that transfers being cut at the same time has anything at all to do with the network, switches, or if they happen to be "green" switches.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:01 PM   #35
worachj

Does the router have the latest firmware? Check the download section.
http://support.linksys.com/en-us/sup...ters/WRT1900AC
Old 06-01-2014, 04:48 AM   #36
telemark

Could you clarify, does it stop when the program length is 1 hour, or when the transfer has been going on for 1 hour?

> My Tivo HD has a fixed IP but the Premiere is dynamic. For whatever reason, I had to set up the Tivo HD settings manually.

This could be a red flag.

What happens when you set them both to DHCP?