TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #31
2004raptor

Wow, I'm completely shocked that VFTW is behind phillip. My taste in singers must be horroble.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #32
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Wow, I'm completely shocked that VFTW is behind phillip. My taste in singers must be horroble.
I no longer pay attention to that silly website.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #33
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Of course there is!!
Quote:
@RyanSeacrest: there is a result tonight on @AmericanIdol that some would say is very shocking!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #34
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Of course there is!!
Well, if it is really shocking then I am more sure the save will be used.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #35
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Let's face it, anyone other than Elise and Hollie leaving would be shocking. Having Phillip, Colton, Jessica hit the bottom 3 would be semi-shocking but even that... I mean we are down to 7. That means only 4 won't be in the bottom. Meh.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #36
2004raptor

Quote:
I no longer pay attention to that silly website.
I'm not "paying attention" as much as surprised that they think he's the worst.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #37
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
I'm not "paying attention" as much as surprised that they think he's the worst.
They no longer pick the worst, just who they can make the most fun of. Phillip does some odd facial ticks and body movements that anyone not familiar with Dave Matthews and non phased but some oddities by now, might find funny. So I'm not really all that shocked that of those left, they'd back him.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #38
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChris View Post
Do they do a double elimination the following week after a save?
Yes, I believe they always have.
Of course, in the past, they needed to have two eliminations after a save; otherwise there would be three in the final. This time, it's the other way around; if they eliminate two after a save, they're back in the "the show is going to end one week early" boat.

Quote:
Or they could not save Hollie and then have a night where nobody goes home.
And air what? If they announce in advance that nobody is going home, I doubt they would have two consecutive shows with just the remaining finalists, and I don't think they have anything prepared to fill one of the two days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Well, if it is really shocking then I am more sure the save will be used.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the plan all along to use the save this week if it got this far, so they don't have to worry about anyone complaining that "they knew they had to use the save (next week) in order for the finale to air on its planned date, so they wasted the time (and money) of the people who voted" (IIRC, the votes from a save week do not "carry over" into the following week).

True, they could always have one week where they announce that nobody goes home (a producers' decision, not a judges' save), and that week's votes would be added to the following week's votes so "none of the votes would be wasted" (didn't they do this at the start of last season?), but if they were going to do this, why wait until now, as opposed to doing it in the week they sent two home?
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #39
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I guess we'll find out in a couple of hours. That being said, Colton's studio version from this week is fan-fing-tastic. I've had it on repeat for at least 45 mins non stop.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #40
nyny523
Oy

Hollie has to go. I can't even listen to her anymore. She is always off-key. Her voice is like fingernails on a blackboard. The only positive thing I can say about her is her outfits are always very cute. Good style - bad vocals.

Everyone else sounded good, but come on - is anyone but Jessica going to win this thing? Any suspense is seeing how far your personal favorites will go.

Oh, and I would not be surprised to see Phillip go after Hollie. He is getting boring (and I never loved him in the first place, although he is a cutie which has helped him get this far).

And I still think Joshua is the best of the boys. I would love to see a Joshua/Jessica final two...
Old 04-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #41
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Let's face it, anyone other than Elise and Hollie leaving would be shocking. Having Phillip, Colton, Jessica hit the bottom 3 would be semi-shocking but even that... I mean we are down to 7. That means only 4 won't be in the bottom. Meh.
I still would not be surprised to see Joshua go. In fact, I said it would not surprise me earlier so now I am calling it right here. The shock is that Joshua was the lowest vote getter. He will be saved though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Everyone else sounded good, but come on - is anyone but Jessica going to win this thing? Any suspense is seeing how far your personal favorites will go.
I think it is very possible someone other than Jessica wins. I know last year at this time you were saying the same thing about someone who was not Scotty. There is no telling what the voters are going to do. First we have the apparently large contingent of teen female voters who are voting for either Colton or Phillip. Skylar has the country vote locked up.

Jessica makes her stellar performances seem almost too easy and while she always smiles and very poised during her critiques she has not really shown us much of a personality beyond those performances. That kind of reminds me of Pia last year. Brilliant vocalist but not the most engaging personality.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #42
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

From what little we've seen of these people, Phil seems like a more technically skilled musician, but Colton comes across with much greater sincerity.

Hollie is robotic and predictable but the judges make it seem as if she's dragging her nails across a chalkboard.

Elise sounded awful on that duet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jesda : 04-12-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #43
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
Hollie is robotic and predictable but the judges and nyny523 make it seem as if she's dragging her nails across a chalkboard.
Fixed that for you
Old 04-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #44
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Quote:
Fixed that for you
LOL, I didn't even see her post above. That's funny

My blog:
Old 04-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #45
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Not that it's a real indication but I did find this interesting.

Facebook pages liked:
Colton 101,585
Jessica 87,997
Phillip 71,136
Skylar 32,111
Joshua 28,992
Hollie 26,689
Elise 24,123

Twitter followers:
Colton 182,823
Phillip 161,416
Jessica 127,975
Skylar 67,960
Hollie 55,084
Joshua 49,711
Elise 48,039
Old 04-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #46
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Oh and last post before results:
Quote:
There will be a stunning turn of events on "American Idol" tonight, because TMZ has learned one of the absolute favorites to win the competition will be eliminated.

Sources connected with the show tell TMZ ... producers are scrambling to persuade the judges to use their "save" on the contestant.

We're told producers actually thought 2 of the 3 contestants in the bottom tonight were strong candidates to win the entire competition.

And we're told the person who is booted tonight is the one producers thought was the strongest on the show, and they are as stunned over the vote as they were when Jennifer Hudson was kicked off the show.
http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/12/shocke...voted-off-save
Old 04-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #47
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
I still would not be surprised to see Joshua go. In fact, I said it would not surprise me earlier so now I am calling it right here. The shock is that Joshua was the lowest vote getter. He will be saved though.

I think it is very possible someone other than Jessica wins. I know last year at this time you were saying the same thing about someone who was not Scotty. There is no telling what the voters are going to do. First we have the apparently large contingent of teen female voters who are voting for either Colton or Phillip. Skylar has the country vote locked up.

Jessica makes her stellar performances seem almost too easy and while she always smiles and very poised during her critiques she has not really shown us much of a personality beyond those performances. That kind of reminds me of Pia last year. Brilliant vocalist but not the most engaging personality.
Last year I was totally rooting for Lauren, I but I never said she was a walkaway. The ONLY other idol contestant from ANY season that I predicted as a walkaway was Carrie Underwood - and I was right.

I am telling you - Jessica is a walkaway. If I am wrong, I will publicly apologize for my mistake.

But I'm not wrong...
Old 04-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #48
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Last year I was totally rooting for Lauren, I but I never said she was a walkaway. The ONLY other idol contestant from ANY season that I predicted as a walkaway was Carrie Underwood - and I was right.

I am telling you - Jessica is a walkaway. If I am wrong, I will publicly apologize for my mistake.

But I'm not wrong...
Best on what was posted right before you I would not be surprised to see her in the bottom 3 tonight.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #49
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Best on what was posted right before you I would not be surprised to see her in the bottom 3 tonight.
I bet it's Joshua.

And whomever it is, if it is a favorite they will be saved.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #50
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

I'll be darned. I didn't think Colton was quite that popular.

I just finished watching the show. I've never heard such an awful version of "Stronger". Jessica, Hollie, and Joshua sounded like they were in a dive bar doing karaoke after way too many cheap drinks.

I know Jessica is a great singer, but the tone of her voice kind of bugs me. It seems like it lacks richness and fullness. Maybe it's the shape of her mouth when she hits the big notes?

My blog:
Old 04-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #51
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Quote:
I bet it's Joshua.

And whomever it is, if it is a favorite they will be saved.
I hope it's not Phil. I like what he did with that sax player.

My blog:
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #52
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I bet it's Skylar just because of this line:
Quote:
And we're told the person who is booted tonight is the one producers thought was the strongest on the show
They didn't think Jessica, Hollie, Phillip or Joshua were the "strongest of the night" - they reserved that for Colton, Skylar and Elise and we know damn well it's not Colton and if it were Elise why would it be a shocker?

Unless they mean strongest on the show in general and not just this week. Then my vote goes to Joshua.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #53
tiams

Quote:
I bet it's Skylar just because of this line:

They didn't think Jessica, Hollie, Phillip or Joshua were the "strongest of the night" - they reserved that for Colton, Skylar and Elise and we know damn well it's not Colton and if it were Elise why would it be a shocker?

Unless they mean strongest on the show in general and not just this week. Then my vote goes to Joshua.
It says the "producers" thought was strongest, not the judges. Although, the judges probably think what the producers want them to.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #54
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dancing View Post
last year when Haley did a great job with it, they not only tore her down for doing the song, JLo even dissed the song itself. At least that's how I remember it...
I don't remember the comments but the big difference - and the hoopla - was YOU AND I had not been released by Lady Gaga yet.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #55
SNJpage1

I dont remember Hollie having an accent until tonight. I guess going back home brought it back.
Why doesn't Phil do some Bruce. He has the voice for it.
Elise needs to get back to songs she did in her band. The LZ is a perfect example. Bring on the rock and roll.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #56
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Hollie has had an accent all along
Old 04-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #57
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I don't remember the comments but the big difference - and the hoopla - was YOU AND I had not been released by Lady Gaga yet.
Elise's was over 30 seconds longer as well.