Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2014, 03:09 AM   #91
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
CBS is really good at keeping that Plex channel up to date. For example, the ABC channel on Plex doesn't update for like a week.
You don't seem to understand how those plex channels work. CBS, ABC, NBC, CW, PBS, etc have nothing to do with the plex channel. The plex channels are just apps that get the content form the network websites.
CBS chooses to put new episodes on cbs.com the day after they air. ABC chooses to wait 8 days before putting content on there website.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #92
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
You don't seem to understand how those plex channels work. CBS, ABC, NBC, CW, PBS, etc have nothing to do with the plex channel. The plex channels are just apps that get the content form the network websites.
CBS chooses to put new episodes on cbs.com the day after they air. ABC chooses to wait 8 days before putting content on there website.
There are apparently some differences. Whether it's the way it's programmed or what. For example:

No commercials when streaming through Plex channels. (A major plus as there now seems as many commercials streaming from the network apps as there are during a regular broadcast)

ABC for example makes available the last episode of some shows earlier than a week as long as you are a subscriber to one of their partner providers. I subscribe to Cablevision (as well as DirecTV) and was able to put in my credentials on the ABC app and stream Rookie Blue. The latest episode was NOT available on the Plex ABC channel.

I'm sure you're right that they just get what's up on the website, but I generally try to avoid the website if I can use the Plex channel because of no commercials.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #93
JohnS-MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
CBS Reschedules Unforgettable and Reckless for August 17th.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20140812cbs02/

Now we just have to watch the ToDo list to make sure they get scheduled in case TiVo thinks it's already recorded them. The article notes the air date has been changed so that may mean the 28 day rule doesn't impact the recordings.
As of this morning, my Tivo knows the correct episode titles AND that it needs to record them for both Unforgettable and Reckless. I'll check again Sunday before the episodes, but for now, looks good.
JohnS-MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #94
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS-MI View Post
As of this morning, my Tivo knows the correct episode titles AND that it needs to record them for both Unforgettable and Reckless. I'll check again Sunday before the episodes, but for now, looks good.
TiVo seems to have been better at this lately.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #95
mr.unnatural

I just pad any Sunday night shows on CBS by an hour, unless the late game runs into overtime. If that happens I can just add more padding on the fly in WMC. The past couple of seasons it has only affected The Good Wife, but I may have to check out Madame Secretary and see if it's worth sticking around for.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #96
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.unnatural View Post
...I may have to check out Madame Secretary and see if it's worth sticking around for.
I, on the other hand, would have checked it out had it been on any other network (or night). But not on CBS Sundays.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #97
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I, on the other hand, would have checked it out had it been on any other network (or night). But not on CBS Sundays.
This.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:13 AM   #98
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
This.
Is that your little protest or it's just too much of a hassle having to pad the shows?

If there's something I want to see, I deal with it. I've been watching 60 Minutes, The Amazing Race and The Good Wife for years despite this. It's just not a big deal. With modern tech, it's pretty easy to deal with actually.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:24 AM   #99
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Is that your little protest or it's just too much of a hassle having to pad the shows?
A little of both, I suppose. The show is something that kinda interests me, but checking it out on CBS Sundays just isn't worth it.

I once gave up a CBS show that I had enjoyed for years (Without a Trace) when it moved to Sundays because it got to be too much of a hassle.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #100
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

I thought I was all done padding CBS Sunday nights when they moved The Amazing Race. Then they went and added CSI to Sundays so I guess I am not done yet.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #101
brianric

Quote:

If there's something I want to see, I deal with it. I've been watching 60 Minutes, The Amazing Race and The Good Wife for years despite this. It's just not a big deal. With modern tech, it's pretty easy to deal with actually.
I spent eight years in the Navy to allow people to do what they please as long as they don't hurt anybody, so YES this is my protest. Is there a problem with that? The only exception I make to the CBS rule on Sunday is the Survivor Finale and Reunion show. If Survivor itself was moved to Sunday I would cancel my season pass.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #102
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
I spent eight years in the Navy to allow people to do what they please as long as they don't hurt anybody, so YES this is my protest. Is there a problem with that? The only exception I make to the CBS rule on Sunday is the Survivor Finale and Reunion show. If Survivor itself was moved to Sunday I would cancel my season pass.
Nope, nothing wrong with that at all, just curious why anyone would want to just ignore a show they might enjoy just because it's a hassle to take two minutes and pad it on your DVR. But to each their own. I do get that Sunday nights tend to be crowded with must see stuff, so I could see it losing a battle with some of those other shows because of that hassle. For me, not watching an excellent show like The Good Wife over something like this is silly. And the fact that I've recorded the other shows I watch that night means that I just sometimes watch live because I watch the first three shows of night on CBS anyway. Considering there's usually some baseball or NFL game to switch to during commercials makes the pain that much less.