TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
richg99

No A b c on my remotes???

Tried a search to no avail. Today, we received the "new update" that changed the HD menu!

Until I read the info about the new update, I didn't even know I had a choice in menus. Anyhow, the new menus call for pushing a or b or c . My remotes do not have... a b c ???

Unless there is a work-around, I guess I have to go back to the other menu (which worked fine, but i can see the advantages of the HD menu.)

I am not going to buy new remotes unless I reaallllyy have to.
Any help appreciated. thank you. rich
Old 12-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
daveak
Series 3 Novice

Do you have this remote?

Old 12-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
Tried a search to no avail. Today, we received the "new update" that changed the HD menu!

Until I read the info about the new update, I didn't even know I had a choice in menus. Anyhow, the new menus call for pushing a or b or c . My remotes do not have... a b c ???

Unless there is a work-around, I guess I have to go back to the other menu (which worked fine, but i can see the advantages of the HD menu.)

I am not going to buy new remotes unless I reaallllyy have to.
Any help appreciated. thank you. rich
Did you acquire your Premieres from e-bay or Craigslist? Both of my Premieres came with a remote with yellow(a)-blue(b)-red(c)-green(d) buttons.

Note: Pictured in the preceding post.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
scole250

When I bought my basic Premiere at Best Buy a few months ago, I also bought a Glo remote. During setup I realized I bought a Glo remote for a previous model because it didn't have the A-B-C-D buttons. And it was twice as much as the Glo with A-B-C-D buttons. Go figure. Returned it and got the right one.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scole250 View Post
When I bought my basic Premiere at Best Buy a few months ago,
What did you do? Buy a "floor model" that didn't have a remote?

All new Tivos come with a remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

The remote bundled with the Premiere, and the "Slide", have the buttons. Previous models didn't (but they are otherwise compatible). I too am curious as to how you ended up with a Premiere without the right remote.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #7
scole250

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
What did you do? Buy a "floor model" that didn't have a remote?

All new Tivos come with a remote.
It came with the basic remote. I wanted a Glo remote.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #8
richg99

To answer the question....the problem was, as most things are...caused by OPERATOR ERROR.

Yes, I do own one of the "button" remotes. I mistakenly switched the Tivo remotes when I moved some things around many months ago. The one "button" remote that belongs to the Premier is now mistakenly sitting at my outdoors TV/Tivo setup.

The newest TIVO is a premier. The other is a "HD"?? I believe it is called. Each one runs a big screen HD TV.

I switched the Tivo remotes when I moved some things around. Up until now, I didn't notice any difference in function, since I was still using the old SD menu.

Problem solved. Sorry to have bothered you all. Thanks, Rich
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
daveak
Series 3 Novice

That's all right. I was setting up a new TiVo the other week and could not get a cable signal, after spending nearly 30 mins on the phone with the cable co, he asked me if the coaxial was plugged in - I checked and it was, but only to the TiVo and not the outlet... Of course we still had and issue with the cable card (Their fault - not entered correctly into their system), but I felt rather foolish for my 'cable error'.