TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
donniesd

Exclamation Comcrap, CableCard and Host ID Problems

Made the switch back to comcast from uverse because they were always have problems and service worked maybe 70% of the time. So pulled our tivos from the attic, and comcast came out today. Upon trying to pair the cable cards. They said they cant because the Host ID was already activated in their system and only way to activate was to get a new Host ID.

The tech here was pretty much clueless and admitted he never even heard of a cable card. And he was just doing what he was told to do and to say over the phone. I got no where with the lady and asked to speak to a supervisor. Was told i would get a call back by 10am tomorrow. So the tech left because i was ready to just flip &^*&^*.

Just wondering if any one has any advice or has faced this crap before.
donniesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
zowwie85

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniesd View Post
Made the switch back to comcast from uverse because they were always have problems and service worked maybe 70% of the time. So pulled our tivos from the attic, and comcast came out today. Upon trying to pair the cable cards. They said they cant because the Host ID was already activated in their system and only way to activate was to get a new Host ID.

The tech here was pretty much clueless and admitted he never even heard of a cable card. And he was just doing what he was told to do and to say over the phone. I got no where with the lady and asked to speak to a supervisor. Was told i would get a call back by 10am tomorrow. So the tech left because i was ready to just flip &^*&^*.

Just wondering if any one has any advice or has faced this crap before.
Many people getting cablecards installed face this. Complain to your franchise authority and be persistent with Comcast. Insist upon credits for any "professional install" charges.
zowwie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
danjw1

I would suggest you use the link at the bottom of this page. Be polite, and tell them what is going on. Usually, you will get a call back the next day and you will be talking to someone who knows what they are doing. Also, there is a thread here that discusses peoples experience with Comcast and CableCards. You might be able to find useful information there.