Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #571
Ozzie72

TC CLUB MEMBER
How Penn Jillette Lost 100 Pounds in 100 Days

Quote:
After high blood pressure landed Penn Jillette in the hospital some time back, he knew it was time for a change.

The famed magician and illusionist from Penn & Teller dropped from 330 pounds down to 225 by eating healthier and cutting down his intake.

“My doctor said I needed to get my weight down, and if I brought it down 30 or 40 pounds, it would be a little easier to control. And then he said something in passing that completely blew my mind: he said, ‘If you got down to 230, you probably wouldn't need any of the meds,’ ” he told People magazine.

So, that's just what he did.

From the end of the year until now, Jillette, 60, has been eating just 1,000 calories a day and dropped almost a pound a day. Now, after reaching his goal weight in March, he maintains by avoiding processed grains and added sugar, among other things. Jillette eats mostly salads and greens, along with brown rice.

“I could probably have a steak or a doughnut every couple of weeks, but I just haven’t felt like it,” he added.

He didn't work out while losing all the weight, but now weight lifts, take tricycle rides and does a “scientific 7-minute workout.” He trains every other day.

The one downside is new clothes. He went from a 44 waist to a 34.

“It’s really expensive because the suits on the Penn & Teller show cost a s*** ton, and so we had to get all new suits,” he said.

Xbox Gamertag: Ozzie72
Ozzie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #572
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Oh, my - such rapid weight loss can be unhealthy in itself. I hope he is ok!
That was my thought also, but it all was supervised, etc.

waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:15 PM   #573
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
That was my thought also, but it all was supervised, etc.
Good to know-thanks, all!

Old 05-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #574
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
Watching the episode with Mo Rocca, I discovered something new and surprising. He got an answer wrong, and then the CNN guy buzzed in and also got it wrong, then Mo Rocca buzzed in again and Alex had to tell him that he couldn't do that.

I had no idea that the buzzer would even work for a contestant in such an instance. I would have thought the contestant would be locked out for the duration of that clue. I had never seen that before, I guess because non-celebrity contestants are smart enough to know not to even try.
(I'm still way behind on episodes..)

I am almost positive I've seen real contestants try to do that.

Also, I think you're expecting much more of the show is automated/enforced technologically than really is. IIRC, there's a person who listens to each clue and turns on the light when Alex finishes reading.

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote