TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
Mike McD

Tivo Premier N33 Error

I have recently received an N33 Error on my Tivo Premiere using a Wireless N Network Adapter. I have rebooted my Tivo several times and my D-Link Wireless router twice and still get the error. I forced a connection on the Tivo and it is stating that it is connected to the internet. I also can connect to the network on my PC, Laptop, tablet and cell phone. Finally, I disconnected the Wireless adapter and ran two different Ethernet cables directly into the Tivo box and the Tivo says that the Gateway not found. I then get the N30 error stating that it isn't conncected.

I called Tivo support and they said that the Ethernet port is shot and cannot be repaired. They said that I could switch to a Wireless G Network Adapter, but couldn't guarantee that would work either.

Anyone have any other suggestions before I switch over to a Roamio?
Mike McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Most likely, there is nothing wrong with your Tivo. It may simply be a case of cannot connect to some of the Tivo servers.

Are you using the HD menus? That may at times have the errors because it requires the Tivo servers for the HD content.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
Mike McD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Most likely, there is nothing wrong with your Tivo. It may simply be a case of cannot connect to some of the Tivo servers.

Are you using the HD menus? That may at times have the errors because it requires the Tivo servers for the HD content.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am using the HD menus and they were working fine for about two months and just stopped working the other day. It's been 5 days now and I still get the same results. Any other ideas how to connect to the Tivo servers?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

If you switch to SD Menus, it would not need to connect to those servers and you can continue to use the Tivo normally.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...to%20sd%20menu

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
Mike McD

[quote=ThAbtO;9852411]If you switch to SD Menus, it would not need to connect to those servers and you can continue to use the Tivo normally.

Thanks. That worked, but the reason that I'm using the Premiere instead of my Series3 truly is for the extra storage space and the HD interface and ability to connect to the internet for YouTube, etc. I can't do these things on the Series3 even with the wireless Ethernet connection.

Guess I'll have to decide if that is worth it or not to not have the extra features with the better menus or to not even use the Premiere since it was something that I inherited.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Series 3 can't do Netflix or YouTube ? News to me. I've used my Tivo HD (which is a Series 3 model) for both, although I have better options. Admittedly they may not do Netflix very well, but I don't think the Premiere is much better in that regard.

I do use a wired ethernet connection. That may be the difference.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #7
Mike McD

Spoke to 4 Tivo techs today. Had to connect directly to a modem, open all of the ports in router and modem after contacting my internet provider and after all of that, the last tech said that the latest software upgrade is the problem and they will push it though in 3-5 days. Keeping fingers crossed that this works. Stay tuned!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
Mike McD

It worked!

Once I restarted the Tivo, it went through about an hour long update to download the new software and I am now connected and the N33 error has disappeared. I can access all of the online features (search, Youtube, etc.)that I couldn't prior to the update. It also now has new menus, such as To Do List and History which have the current channel in the top right showing as opposed to going to the old blue screen menu.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #9
Mike McD

The Tivo service worked fine for a couple of days now. Beginning this afternoon, I cannot receive HBOHD and several of the local SD channels, (CBS, Fox, ABC, etc.). I get error V52 Searching for Signals. This has happened in the past. I have rebooted the Tivo and still get the error. I checked the signal strength meter for these channels and only HBOHD gets higher than a 0. It gets to 27 and the channel is all pixelated. I have had Cablevision techs to my house twice and they cannot find anything wrong with the signal, including putting an amplifier on the line. In fact, the channels come in on the same line through a splitter on my Cablevision HD box. Anyone have any suggestions how to correct this?

Last edited by Mike McD : 10-20-2013 at 04:46 PM.