TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #7561
jcthorne

Well since I already signed up for the priority list, and saving season passes are not my number one priority (nice to have but lower on my list than for some). When I get the updates, will be happy to perform any testing moyekj would like to see what is broken and what I can determine to help move things along.

We all know the update in mostly inevitable eventually.

I am hopeful not much will be broken but hope springs eternal.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #7562
singemfrc

As long as I still have the ability to do the most basic thing - download/encode - that's all that's critical; I hope that kmttg is updated to allow recording/managing OnePasses as soon as possible though, even though I don't think I'll use the streaming function too often. I have other resources for that kind of thing.

This update shows me that I've really become unhealthily dependent on kmttg of late..it's just too dang useful for it's own good.
singemfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #7563
lpwcomp

Something else that just occurred to me. The new TiVo app. Will it be downward compatible, able to handle SPs and OnePasses*?

*side note: Since OP refers to "Original Poster", what are we going to use to abbreviate OnePass?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:06 PM   #7564
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
*side note: Since OP refers to "Original Poster", what are we going to use to abbreviate OnePass?
How about "1P?"
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:37 PM   #7565
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
How about "1P?"
That'll work as long as you don't accidentally add a P and make people think you're referring to NYPD headquarters.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:25 PM   #7566
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
How about "1P?"

Works for me.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:45 PM   #7567
springnet

I have 5 tivo hd xl's that I've buffed up. Using kmttg I can easily get my "Now Playing List" but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the "To Do List" which I need to export. Are my tivo's too old for this to work? Is there any way I can grab my "to do" lists off my tivos?
springnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #7568
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by springnet View Post
I have 5 tivo hd xl's that I've buffed up. Using kmttg I can easily get my "Now Playing List" but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the "To Do List" which I need to export. Are my tivo's too old for this to work? Is there any way I can grab my "to do" lists off my tivos?
Read the documentation to be sure, but I'm fairly certain that's one of the _many_ advanced things that only work on Premiere and higher..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:01 PM   #7569
moyekj

If you provide your tivo.com username & password in kmttg config-Tivo tab then you get some "Remote" tab functionality for series 3 units, but nowhere near as complete as series 4 or later.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #7570
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by springnet View Post
Do you have your tivo.com user and password in your kmttg "Tivos" settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Read the documentation to be sure, but I'm fairly certain that's one of the _many_ advanced things that only work on Premiere and higher..
For a Series 3, I believe it has to get the To Do list from the TiVo servers, which is why kmttg needs the user ID and password. It definitely works.

Edit: Too late. Guess I shouldn't have actually tested it first. Disadvantage of not being the developer.

Last edited by lpwcomp : 01-23-2015 at 07:11 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:48 AM   #7571
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I would like to suggest that there should be a way to "Remove" entries from the history whether its in the playlists or the ToDo list. Instead of having to go through a rather long auto.history file to find just 1 line.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM   #7572
smello2

TC CLUB MEMBER
I downloaded "Revenge" (ABC) yesterday with the Decript and Encode checked and delete TiVo file when done and MPP file when done. I imported it not iTunes and watched it last night in an airplane. The audio / video sync was horrible - the audio was several seconds ahead so I had to watch the next scene to see the video that matched the voice I had heard. I then watched another program I had downloaded "Transporter" (TNT) and the audio sync was slightly ahead of the video, enough to be annoying but not as horrible as the first one. What am I doing wrong? I have a TiVo Premier 4 tuner connected with Comcast.
smello2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM   #7573
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by smello2 View Post
I downloaded "Revenge" (ABC) yesterday with the Decript and Encode checked and delete TiVo file when done and MPP file when done. I imported it not iTunes and watched it last night in an airplane. The audio / video sync was horrible - the audio was several seconds ahead so I had to watch the next scene to see the video that matched the voice I had heard. I then watched another program I had downloaded "Transporter" (TNT) and the audio sync was slightly ahead of the video, enough to be annoying but not as horrible as the first one. What am I doing wrong? I have a TiVo Premier 4 tuner connected with Comcast.
A good place to start:
Are you running QS Fix task?
What encoding profile are you using?
If it's a ffmpeg based profile, what version of ffmpeg are you using?
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #7574
smello2

TC CLUB MEMBER
Not running QS Fix task. On file settings only have the four Remove's checked.
ff_ipad is encoding profile. Says mpeg4 container, res x+1280 h.264 video, 48kHz/160kbps 2 chan aac audio
smello2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #7575
moyekj

As outlined in documentation and tooltips, QS Fix task is pretty much *required* before any further processing of the file such as cutting out commercials and/or encoding to different formats. QS Fix with VideoRedo is the best choice, else ProjectX based QS Fix (the default in kmttg if you don't have VideoRedo) works most of the time.

Old Today, 01:34 AM   #7576
wco81

New update to the Tivo iOS app says that you can now download premium channel recordings over the LAN.

Could that mean kmttg could also decrypt those?

Maybe they're going to flag those differently?
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:41 AM   #7577
moyekj

The Stream doesn't use TTG protocol for streaming & downloading, it's using MRS, so whatever flags there may be won't be related to TTG.

Old Today, 02:29 AM   #7578
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Maybe they're going to flag those differently?
I assume that by "premium channel", they actually mean "CCI = 2", and are just trying to explain it in laymen's terms.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote