TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Girls "Hard Being Easy" S1E5 OAD 5/13/12

I think what I like most about Girls is these characters all seem so real! It is unflinching and honest.

"I've decided on you" sounded like what real relationships are.

"You don't have a suing app on your iphone"

Marnie and Charlie this week were just like real life. Marnie was sad she didn't have Charlie anymore even though when they were together she was annoyed by him all the time and contemplated how to leave him. So she decides to get him back. She gets him back, remembers that he is smothering and breaks up with him again.

I liked seeing the gay ex when he was straight.

Jessa had sex with her ex for no other reason than to prove she could make him cheat on his girlfriend.

Hannah finally found a way to have some control in the bedroom with Adam. And they both liked it.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
zalusky
Registered User
 
zalusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 3,732
I keep wondering what Brian Williams thinks watching his daughter! Could you watch your daughter in this scenes?
__________________
I will never forget the face of my wife as I left to go the operating room to donate my kidney and give her back her life.
zalusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I think what I like most about Girls is these characters all seem so real! It is unflinching and honest.

"I've decided on you" sounded like what real relationships are.

"You don't have a suing app on your iphone"

Marnie and Charlie this week were just like real life. Marnie was sad she didn't have Charlie anymore even though when they were together she was annoyed by him all the time and contemplated how to leave him. So she decides to get him back. She gets him back, remembers that he is smothering and breaks up with him again.

I liked seeing the gay ex when he was straight.

Jessa had sex with her ex for no other reason than to prove she could make him cheat on his girlfriend.

Hannah finally found a way to have some control in the bedroom with Adam. And they both liked it.
If these girls represent real girls that doesn't say much for their generation. The word pathetic comes to mind.
__________________
Bruce
"...if we all believe in the things you believe you're seeing..." EJ/BT 76


HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
I keep wondering what Brian Williams thinks watching his daughter! Could you watch your daughter in this scenes?
Oh gee, I never thought of that. I hope he skipped this episode. I guess that goes for the fathers of any actresses who do sex scenes.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!
 
NatasNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Garden State BABY! NJ!
Posts: 10,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater View Post
If these girls represent real girls that doesn't say much for their generation. The word pathetic comes to mind.
Its called youth. Pretty sure each generation of people dealt with most of the same type issues give or take.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------
Xbox360 Gamertag = NatasNJ
--------------------------------------------------
NatasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |