TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
Dieseldriver73

Tivo Roamio guide help

I have three Visio TVs with a OTA. I have one that is in the living room hooked up to the tivo roamio. I have 43 channels that come in good but maybe only half them have info on the guide. I have tried forcing the connection but that hasn't worked. I have this same set up for about five months and still the same. My only problem is on my other TVs that is just hooked up to the antenna will show all the info on the show and channels that won't on the tivo. So that tells me that they are available. I am just wondering if there is something that I am not doing. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
Dieseldriver73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
AdamNJ

the other two tvs are not hooked up to a tivo right? if so they just get the over the air info about what is on.

The roamio gets it from tivo / zap2it.com, which is what you pay for with your service fees

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
Dieseldriver73

Yes the two other TVs are connect to the OTA. One thing I don't understand is in the nearest town, they have abc,cbs,nbc and fox. The only one that doesn't have the info is abc. The weird thing is nbc and abc is owned by the same company. Is there anything can be done to get the info on the guide. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I haven't seen that... Make sure you have the right lineup selected in Guided Setup? If so, write to TiVo and tell them about the missing listings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
pautler

When I first got my Roamio I found that I was able to pick up some OTA channels from Canada that I was not receiving guide information for. I filled out the form at the following web link, and within in a few days TiVo had facilitated the update and I started receiving the guide info.

http://www.tivo.com/lineup.html

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by pautler View Post
When I first got my Roamio I found that I was able to pick up some OTA channels from Canada that I was not receiving guide information for. I filled out the form at the following web link, and within in a few days TiVo had facilitated the update and I started receiving the guide info. http://www.tivo.com/lineup.html -Joe
It's changed even faster if you go and report it directly at the Zap2it website.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #7
Dieseldriver73

I finally got it to work. Tivo replied told me to do the guide set up twice. Once with a zip code far away to clear off the other channels with different ones. Then the second time to put in my zip code to get my channels. I did that and it did the same thing as before. When I put in my zip code what it would do is pick up half the channels I could actually get. I would have to do a channel scan after the guide set up to get the rest of the channels but those were the channels I couldn't get the guide info on. What I did is put in a different zip code from a town about 25 miles away that could get all the channels that I could actually get. We'll it worked. It picked up a few more that I couldn't get in but I removed them on the channel list. What I figured out is that when you do the guide set up it picks up the channels that you should get in your area but not the channels you actually get. It sounds like a flaw to me but I have the guide info for all my channels now. I am happy. Thank you for all your help and maybe this might help someone else.