TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
fmowry

Jeffrey Ross -The Burn on Comedy Central

Even if you aren't a Ross fan, the show is pretty good as he gets his comedian friends to come in and comment on various current events or people in the news. It does have a segment that seems like it was stolen directly from Tosh.O but generally the show is a good 1/2 comedy show. During the first 2 shows he went to Sarah Silvermann's house and John Stamos' house for about 5 minutes and he ragged on them and they ragged on him. Pretty funny.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
sharkster

I've been watching. He usually makes me laugh, and I love having other comedians there too.

That said, man, that guy is gross! I am being totally superficial and talking about his appearance. Perhaps it's just part of the shtick, and I get that. But dude - take a shower. /rant
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
busyba
The Funcooker

It's okay. Good for a few laughs, but I'd be surprised if it got picked up for many more episodes.

And this is from someone who thinks Ross is consistently amongst the top performers in the roasts.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Even if you aren't a Ross fan, the show is pretty good as he gets his comedian friends to come in and comment on various current events or people in the news.
Haven't seen it.. so it's a ripoff of "Tough Crowd", which was a ripoff of "Politically Incorrect"????
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Haven't seen it.. so it's a ripoff of "Tough Crowd", which was a ripoff of "Politically Incorrect"????
With many of the same comedians (as Tough Crowd). Jim Norton was on last night. And of course many of the Tough Crowd alums were roasters with Ross on the various Comedy Central roasts. I'd be surprised if Colin Quinn doesn't make an appearance. Gilbert was on the 2nd show.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

After 1 1/2 episodes I thought the show was a complete train wreck.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
fmowry

It's not like they have writers who can't write. Depends on the comedian and the topic.

Nothing else that is a half hour that is worth watching. I'll take this over The Office which hasn't been funny for the last 3 seasons for my half hour of comedy.