TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Church AV Guy

World Without End on the Reelz Network

I have been watching World Without End, but I am confused. The people who regularly post here usually have the correct answers about these kind of questions.

In the "Making of..." show, they said it was an eight hour miniseries. On the IMDB, there are eight episodes listed. Reelz has been showing episodes that are two hours long each, so there will be either four episodes total, OR the "Making of..." show was in error and it's an eight episode show, sixteen hours total. The episode names that Reelz has listed are not those that IMDB has listed.

I'm a bit confused. Does anyone have the real information on this?

Thanks.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
sieglinde

Looks like 8 one hour episodes shown in four two hour blocks.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Timbeau

Is this a previously untelevised mini-series? I could swear I watched something like this not more than a couple of years ago. Perhaps on Starz or Showtime?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
Church AV Guy

Yes, it is a new miniseries. I suspect you are thinking of "Pillars of the Earth" which was on a couple of years ago. "World Without End" is a sequal to Pillars, and takes place in, or at least starts in 1327. Pillars starts in 1135. They are both set in the same place.

Yes, I finally figured out that "World Without End" was originally eight one-hour episodes with episode titles of chess pieces, ecxcept the last episode named Checkmate. Reelz, for the USA audience has repackaged the eight one-hour episodes into four two-hour episodes, and gave them more conventional names like "Plague and Passion" and "A People Revolt". I wonder why?

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Yes, it is a new miniseries. I suspect you are thinking of "Pillars of the Earth" which was on a couple of years ago. "World Without End" is a sequal to Pillars, and takes place in, or at least starts in 1327. Pillars starts in 1135. They are both set in the same place.

Yes, I finally figured out that "World Without End" was originally eight one-hour episodes with episode titles of chess pieces, ecxcept the last episode named Checkmate. Reelz, for the USA audience has repackaged the eight one-hour episodes into four two-hour episodes, and gave them more conventional names like "Plague and Passion" and "A People Revolt". I wonder why?
The one hour episodes with their (chess names on dirctv) are available on demand on at least directv and fios.