TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
72morgan

Build a new server !!! Help

I am currently using WHS and streambaby. I had a drive go bad and it was a real pain to save and move my data and videos. I am thinking of going to a new setup with either a Netgear or Synology server. I am thinking the netgear / sinology setup might be easier to maintain, ie hot swappable. Netgear has some Tivo support, but in some ways Synology seems better. Can anyone give me an idea which is better and how hard would it be to set up either one with PyTivo so I can stream videos from the server to my Tivos. Any input would be appreciated.

I have installed Windows thousands of times , built all of my computers and the WHS. I have NO experience with Linux.

Thanx . I am going to sleep now, I will check back in around 8 hrs from now..
72morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
lrhorer

I suggest you take this over to the Linux Based Home Media Applications thread stickied in this forum. There we can discuss the merits and pitfals of both, as well as the possibility of rolling your own, which I recommend for many situations.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote