TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Ron DeGumbia

Exclamation New XL4, no premium channels

have had Comcast out with over 6 Motorola CC's

channels are checked, service is activated for full digital HD with all premium channels

In the past my older Series 3 with 2 cable cards was working fine recieving full premium with HD... when it died I turned in the those CC's, kind of kicking myself now, but there was no way to forsee this problem

I have had Tivo CSR on 3 way with Comcast CSRs and they still cant get this working

Tivo says it appears the CC's arent activated properly, Comcast says they arent sure how to

The Comcast installers here seem to have zero knowledge when it comes to CC's, any ideas?
Ron DeGumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron DeGumbia View Post
have had Comcast out with over 6 Motorola CC's

channels are checked, service is activated for full digital HD with all premium channels

In the past my older Series 3 with 2 cable cards was working fine recieving full premium with HD... when it died I turned in the those CC's, kind of kicking myself now, but there was no way to forsee this problem

I have had Tivo CSR on 3 way with Comcast CSRs and they still cant get this working

Tivo says it appears the CC's arent activated properly, Comcast says they arent sure how to

The Comcast installers here seem to have zero knowledge when it comes to CC's, any ideas?
Yes, check that the back channel to Comcast is working, one way to do this is to use the Comcast cable box and try to use On Demand, if that does not work the cable signal is not feeding back to Comcast. (another way) The Comcast people should be able to tell if you have a cable card installed, they can tell when you pull the card or put it in your TiVo. If your back channel is blocked because of a non two way amp or incorrect splitters or just a bad cable than the problem must be corrected for the system to work.