TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #61
Katrinaceleste

OK John Prosky is the actor that played the captive observer. He has a couple of similar features to Joshua Jackson, so I thought with a bunch of makeup they can make Peter look like that. My bad....... anyway it is real freaky the direction that Peter is going in, but not surprising.
Katrinaceleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #62
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrinaceleste View Post
I had suspected that Peter was actually the captive observer on the stretcher. He actually looks somewhat like Peter. It blue eyes the shape of his jaw...... Anyway that is what brought me to this site to begin with. I was trying to figure out who the actor is that played that role. I suppose if it is Mr Jackson they will not say because it will give it away?

WHAT IF...

...he knew that the anti-matter bomb trick wasn't going to work? The capture of the Observer and his Cube, and the relentless mocking of Peter, could have all been a trick. Under the pretext of building the Cube, the Observer was manipulating Peter into taking the implant and putting it into his own head. "Oh, you silly little human! You're like ants, because you're not Observers like us! You don't have implants, like the one in my head that you were just looking at! Maybe if you HAD one of these implants, and put it in your head, you'd stand a chance against us! But you don't! Neener neener neener!"
So if the Observer was a future version of Peter, he came back in time to taunt younger Peter into pulling his chip, implanting it in himself then going on to defeat the Observers. This is the classic "By His Bootstraps" paradox.

It was kind of strange that there was a wormhole attraction box and that the other Observers did not seem worried about or come to recover it. And that he taunted Peter so.

But I don't think it was Peter, it may have been Henry, sacrificing himself to give his father the means to destroy the occupation.

Here's another thought: What if the anti-matter baton was as effective as Walter thought? What if the second shipment wasn't from the Observers of the future but was surreptitiously from the Resistance? And what if, instead of generating carbon for injection into the atmosphere, Walter had formulated a DNA targeted gas ("A Bishop Revival") that it put into the atmosphere? After all, they do have all the particulars of the shipment, thanks to Astrid's decryption.

If that is what happened, there will be a lot of dead Observers once those machines are put on-line.
matt@thehickmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #63
Katrinaceleste

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@thehickmans View Post
So if the Observer was a future version of Peter, he came back in time to taunt younger Peter into pulling his chip, implanting it in himself then going on to defeat the Observers. This is the classic "By His Bootstraps" paradox.

It was kind of strange that there was a wormhole attraction box and that the other Observers did not seem worried about or come to recover it. And that he taunted Peter so.

But I don't think it was Peter, it may have been Henry, sacrificing himself to give his father the means to destroy the occupation.

Here's another thought: What if the anti-matter baton was as effective as Walter thought? What if the second shipment wasn't from the Observers of the future but was surreptitiously from the Resistance? And what if, instead of generating carbon for injection into the atmosphere, Walter had formulated a DNA targeted gas ("A Bishop Revival") that it put into the atmosphere? After all, they do have all the particulars of the shipment, thanks to Astrid's decryption.

If that is what happened, there will be a lot of dead Observers once those machines are put on-line.
That would certainly be a very positive case scenario. I realize this is supposed to be the last season, but I hope they do not wrap things up too early. I would not be surprised if a few of the things you mentioned may come about.

As far as the whole paradox thing it can get pretty complicated. Like what came first the chicken blah blah blah. I know it would not be that simple, that Peter just came back to talk himself into the implant. For one thing if he already had it why would he need to, and if he didn't have it where would the implant come from.

Most likely the shipment that came through is what the Observers wanted, but let's hope there is a twist. As far as the baton, I am still trying to figure out the whole matter anti-matter thing, because it made sense at first, but the more people talk about it the more confused I get.

I know if matter comes in contact with anti-matter there is obliteration, so I was just thinking that anti-matter was going to destroy the things in the wormhole, yet there is the whole idea of anti-matter already making up the wormhole.

I also thought that a wormhole was just a black hole that had 2 connecting ends rather than one open end. But I like to look at things more simply, I suppose.
Katrinaceleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #64
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
And what's more, Peter said (although I'm not sure how he would know) that the tech he extracted from the Observer's head is the only thing that separates them from humans. His intent was to make himself an Observer, only good instead of evil (I can't remember his exact line, but something like "The only difference between you and me is the tech in your head," in response to the Observer's contempt for humanity).
I think what he actually said was "I would be ten times what you are if I had that tech in my head."
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@thehickmans View Post
I had thought that the time shift occurred when the anti-matter baton was thrown through the worm-hole. After viewing the scene a few more times, I think it is when Peter decided to get more answers from the captured Observer. This fits in with Walter's past assertions that timelines branch based on decisions.

Here are screenshots of the same bit of alleyway before and after the timeshift:

Here is a screenshot of some graffiti saying "PETER LAKE," a reference to the instance of the previous timeshift on the show:

I think the appearance of the posters does signify a timeline shift, but I don't think your screen caps are depicting what you think they're depicting. Your picture of the "before" alleyway is the wrong side of the alley. The picture without posters is looking back toward the street where the portal had just opened, and the picture with the posters is from Olivia's vantage point after she'd run up to that street and was looking back toward the van. I just watched it a few times and they were very careful never to show us that side of the alley from that direction.

They were driving down the alley away from the street where the wormhole opened. Then Olivia ran back to that street, then turned around and saw the posters. So when they were driving down the alley originally, she should have seen the posters.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #65
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I dunno if anyone saw this before the season started, but it still qualifies as a spoiler.

Spoiler:

He also appeared that way at Comicon.

Joshua Jackson @ Comicon

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #66
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

There was also this.

Spoiler:
Watch until the end.

Peter Auditions

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #67
latrobe7
Just one more thing

I think Peter's goal isn't just revenge, he's going to try to go back in time to save Etta.

I kind of like that this all started with Walter trying to save Peter and now Peter trying to save Etta will also cause unintended consequences.
latrobe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #68
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
I dunno if anyone saw this before the season started, but it still qualifies as a spoiler.

Spoiler:

He also appeared that way at Comicon.

Joshua Jackson @ Comicon

Greg
dammit.. I should know better than to click on Fringe spoilers, only myself to blame, it's not a huge spoiler but it is certainly something I can't unsee now.

No malice to other posters, it's my own greedy fault
Old 11-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #69
steve614
what ru lookin at?

It's only a spoiler if it comes to fruition.

I can see a scenario where Peter "becomes an observer" so he can infiltrate them in an attempt to thwart the invasion, but I don't think that's where they're heading.
We'll just have to wait and see.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #70
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
dammit.. I should know better than to click on Fringe spoilers, only myself to blame, it's not a huge spoiler but it is certainly something I can't unsee now.

No malice to other posters, it's my own greedy fault
Keep in mind the photo in question is a still shot from what is clearly a comedy/parody video. Doesn't mean it won't still happen, of course.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #71
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Keep in mind the photo in question is a still shot from what is clearly a comedy/parody video. Doesn't mean it won't still happen, of course.
oh I know, but it planted a seed that didn't need to be growing