TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > Forum Operations Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
AZ_Tivo

Rep or Thanks buttons

I have owned Tivo(s) for about 10 years now and have been a member of this forum for about 9 years. The forum members have been very helpful many a times when I needed help.

I think, it would be a great idea to add REP buttons where we could say thanks and add to reputation of the helpful members. I believe vBulletin already has mods available for that.

TiVo HD-1TB Internal + Lifetime
TiVo S2-400 Hours + Lifetime
AZ_Tivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Tivo View Post
I have owned Tivo(s) for about 10 years now and have been a member of this forum for about 9 years. The forum members have been very helpful many a times when I needed help.

I think, it would be a great idea to add REP buttons where we could say thanks and add to reputation of the helpful members. I believe vBulletin already has mods available for that.
And I've seen that in use elsewhere, in a situation where it gets used a lot, so that every thread gets about half of its on-screen space taken up by everybody patting each other on the back.

When it's at the bottom of practically every post it gets very annoying very quickly.

Granted this is a site pretty much nothing like TCF except for the use of VBulletin, and one I was only looking at the one time rather than being a user of, but it got old really quickly.

Perhaps if it could be done as a sort of "karma score", expressed as a number which would be displayed in small print over on the left under the user's name it would be okay, but once you get a string of "user1, user2, user3....thank userx for this post" where you're looking at 10 or more names...

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
AZ_Tivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Perhaps if it could be done as a sort of "karma score", expressed as a number which would be displayed in small print over on the left under the user's name it would be okay, but once you get a string of "user1, user2, user3....thank userx for this post" where you're looking at 10 or more names...
I completely agree!! I would not want the string of user1, user2 ..... either. The karma score or rep point right below the number of posts would be the best thing.

TiVo HD-1TB Internal + Lifetime
TiVo S2-400 Hours + Lifetime
AZ_Tivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Tivo View Post
I completely agree!! I would not want the string of user1, user2 ..... either. The karma score or rep point right below the number of posts would be the best thing.
I'd even be willing to throw caution to the winds and let it appear right above the number of posts.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:49 AM   #5
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote