TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Ilovetorecord2

Phillips DSR 704 and Hughes S2 HDVR2

This units were hacked to 6.2 but not up to 6.4. As I mentioned before I have stage 4 lung cancer and cleaning things up for my wife as she has enough to deal with.

I found someone interested in them but they want them to be in an unhacked condition which I cannot recall.

Do I do a clear and delete and phone in the phone line to update? I have some 40 g drives that should be the original but not sure which drive goes to what unit or it does not matter if I do a clear and delete but the software version on the 40 g is old so plugging in the phone line would it update to what is needed.

Sorry fellows, I just keep getting problems thrown at me, my car's radiator blew and I might have ruined the engine which really sucks, as my mechanic knew this so I am going to ask him why did he not fix it because the circumstances I was in I could not park I was on a freeway and the thermoter were up and then down and when traffic stopped for some time it went up and then blew. Earlier the car has sat for 35 minutes so since it went hot after that time I did not know how long I would have to park and there was not a exit in sight.

I would appreciate any input on the tivos as I am trying to visit a family member and that will cost me a bungle but I have not seen a few relatives for 5 years so I thought I would one more time.

Thanks, Patrick
Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
ADent

Used to be a couple of calls could initiate a download of the latest software. I haven't looked in awhile.

If you want to restore completely DVRupgrade sells the InstantCake CDs for $40 per model.

It might be cheaper to buy a unit off eBay or ask around here for an old unit. Sounds like with the rebooting issue, some more units might be available soon.

This thread might pay off too: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...388695&page=36 .
ADent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
ADent

Some reported updating to the latest software: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=466050 .

Unclear if it was via phone or satellite download.
ADent is offline   Reply With Quote