TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
leiff

cue music from tablet? android apps?

I have free tivo desktop on my PC and was able to publish my mp3's to be playable on my Tivo ok, but is there an android app so I can cue music to play from Tivo with tablet instead of having to turn TV on?
On Android playstore the 2 main full fledged apps I see are-

official Tivo for tablet app
- reviews complain of slow app
- unavailable for jellybean

DVR commander
- less features than tivo app?
- faster than tivo app

Anyone care to share impressions comparing these? I just installed Tivo for tablet on my ICS tablet. It seems to run fine for me despite horrid reviews on android play store. Mostly due to jellybean incompatibility? I dont see how to cue music from within app.
Other tivo adroid app I installed is "tivo music server" and it works great as a way to play music from a micro SD card wirelessly to tivo from an android device. all navigation controls need to be done from TV menu unfortunately. The only other Tivo apps I see is "network remote for Tivo" & "RCX for Tivo". These last 2 apps seem to be basic remote apps. Will these or any other apps allow me to cue my music from tablet and play through my avr and leave TV off? Its my understanding that TiVo is non dlna so twonky type services from my NAS won't work.

Last edited by leiff : 03-24-2013 at 11:31 PM.
leiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

There's nothing like that currently, although it's an interesting idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
wkearney99
Bill Kearney

I take it you've got a receiver driving your speakers? You might be better served just using a different input and getting a device that plays music better. Like a Sonos or other streamer.

If you're worried about the hassle of switching the receiver inputs then get something like an automatic A/B switch. Just default the TV to being the overriding input and your music source on the other.
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote