TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
jerrykur

Problem setting up DTA box with Series 2

Hi,

I have a series 2 box and am having issues getting the IR output to control my new DTA box. I connected the IR blaster cable to the IR port on the back but when I watching live TV and press the channel up/down on the Tivo remote it appears the Tivo is tuner is changing to a different channel on the cable input. Since the DTA box is only outputing a signal on channel 4 this results in loss os signal. Is there a setting in the Tivo I need to set to cause the unit to send the channel control signals on the UR blaster instead of changing the cable tuner channel?

Thanks,

jerry
jerrykur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
ggieseke

You need to run Guided Setup again so that it knows that the DTA is there (cable with box).

Before you do that, hook the DTA directly to a TV and make sure that it's activated and working correctly. If it isn't putting out a signal on the coax your Series 2 won't offer that choice.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggieseke View Post
You need to run Guided Setup again so that it knows that the DTA is there (cable with box).
Or "antenna with box" if the OP is just using OTA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
jerrykur

Thanks for the information.

I am running the setup and it is asking for the brand of the cable box. Does anyone know who makes the DTA for Comcast? The only label on the front is Xfinity which is not in the menu.

Update I selected the first option, Scientific General, and now it is stuck in an infinite loop trying to change the channel. How can I get back to the brand selection?

Last edited by jerrykur : 09-27-2012 at 08:26 AM.
jerrykur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
ggieseke

Lie to it and tell it that the channels are changing fine to get through Guided Setup. Then go back to Messages & Settings > Settings > Channels > Channel Changing and pick Comcast Digital Adapter.

That will tell the TiVo to use IR code 10104, which is good for Comcast, Motorola, Pace, Scientific Atlanta, Suddenlink & Thomson DTAs. The Cisco DTA50 and the box that WOW Cable uses are the only DTAs I know of that use different codes.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
Does anyone know who makes the DTA for Comcast? The only label on the front is Xfinity which is not in the menu.
Try the bottom or back panel
Old 09-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Try the bottom or back panel
Or the FCC ID #

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote