TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #31
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Clippers play tomorrow and despite forcing guide updates continuously since Tuesday night only tonight does it finally show up in the guide after I forced yet another update. So unless one forces guide updates there's a good chance a wishlist or season pass won't pick up the game. I scheduled the Clippers game early this afternoon with a manual record after getting tired of waiting for guide to update.

It still seems after all these years that TiVo gets guide updates only once per day as far as I can tell, and I'm not even sure exactly what time of day they get it, but it appears to be sometime in the afternoon pacific time. If someone knows more please post.
For my Roamio, the next guide update is Thursday afternoon so I don't forsee any issues. Maybe I haven't seen the issue because of the schedule my updates are on. But it seems my box always does the update and the guide is correct for that day.

rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:36 PM   #32
hazelnus111

TiVo and TiVo app have different guide info

I have a Wish List for "NBA" category "Playoff Sports" set to record new only. It was working but now that we're into Game 5, the guide shows TBA and does not list the games as "New." It's 6:30pm CST and the BKN/ATL game has started. I forced a manual connection just now and still the game shows as a non-new game...so not recording automatically. However, the guide info on the TiVo app shows it as "New." Why can't they get on the Tivo the same info as the app? Are they using different services for them?

I tried changing the recording options to new and repeats but it wont record the second game on tonight unless I choose "Everything" which will get me all of the late night reruns of these games. Frustrating that this still requires so much manual oversight.

I've accepted this as a guide service limitation for years but now the TiVo app has correct guide info...why can't they get it on the TiVo...I tried three manual connections and game info still not updated.

Last edited by hazelnus111; 04-29-2015 at 07:00 PM.
hazelnus111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:47 PM   #33
mattack

Do you mean it actually has an original air date in the past?

Did you actually check the To Do list, etc., and not just rely on the 'new' showing up?

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:01 PM   #34
hazelnus111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Do you mean it actually has an original air date in the past?

Did you actually check the To Do list, etc., and not just rely on the 'new' showing up?
Yes, shows original air date of 4/18/15. And it says "TBA" instead of "Brooklyn Nets vs. Atlanta Hawks," which is on the listing in the app at the same time.

I connected to the Tivo service twice, rebooted the Tivo and reconnected to Tivo service and after all that, no update to the game info, no "new", nothing in the To Do List, and no recording of either game on TNT tonight.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:25 PM   #35
moyekj

TiVo is just about the worse when it comes to short term guide updates. Everyone else I've talked to with their own DVRs said their guide data has the actual team names this week. That's DirecTV, Uverse and Cox DVR users. Also zap2it has updated data. Yet TiVo manages to be woefully outdated. It's been this way for years and I don't expect it to ever improve at this point.

You may have to just resort to old fashioned manual time slot recording to get what you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:13 AM   #36
hazelnus111

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
TiVo is just about the worse when it comes to short term guide updates. Everyone else I've talked to with their own DVRs said their guide data has the actual team names this week. That's DirecTV, Uverse and Cox DVR users. Also zap2it has updated data. Yet TiVo manages to be woefully outdated. It's been this way for years and I don't expect it to ever improve at this point.

You may have to just resort to old fashioned manual time slot recording to get what you want.
I agree but I'm hopeful that if the app has updated data, they can get updated data on our Tivo...it's the same source guide data from Tribune. Admittedly, it's going to take more than a once-a-day guide update, but that shouldn't be a problem, since our Tivo's are continuously connected to the internet...yet the connection setup is still back in the telephone line connection days.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:16 AM   #37
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnus111 View Post
I agree but I'm hopeful that if the app has updated data, they can get updated data on our Tivo...it's the same source guide data from Tribune. Admittedly, it's going to take more than a once-a-day guide update, but that shouldn't be a problem, since our Tivo's are continuously connected to the internet...yet the connection setup is still back in the telephone line connection days.
Problem is TiVo only seems to update guide data on server once per day, so you can be up to 48 hours out of date even if TiVo guide listings on server get updated.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #38
trip1eX

Man I just saw this after creating a thread on this topic. Very annoying. NBA playoffs are fairly high profile as far as cable content goes. And yet I come home 2 days ago and they weren't recorded.

Tivo needs to do something about this. Either add some intelligence to record these playoff games despite the guide data or work to get the guide data changed.

At the very least if I could record duplicates then I would have an non-hands on workaround even though that option would record each game twice since they replay the games in the am.

trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:07 PM   #39
hazelnus111

For what its worth, here's my response from Tivo support after I first tweeted @TiVo about the problem.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_10205636678689933.jpg (35.0 KB, 22 views)
Old 04-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #40
hazelnus111

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip1eX View Post
Man I just saw this after creating a thread on this topic. Very annoying. NBA playoffs are fairly high profile as far as cable content goes. And yet I come home 2 days ago and they weren't recorded.

Tivo needs to do something about this. Either add some intelligence to record these playoff games despite the guide data or work to get the guide data changed.

At the very least if I could record duplicates then I would have an non-hands on workaround even though that option would record each game twice since they replay the games in the am.
If you are not able to select "All" on your OnePass, you could try setting up a WishList for NBA (can choose Playoff Sports category if you don't want all reg season games) and select "All" instead of "New" or "New with Repeats". That will also get the late night repeats but should get them all.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #41
trip1eX

last night had and tonight have accurate guide data.

trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #42
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip1eX View Post
last night had and tonight have accurate guide data.
Miracles do happen!