TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #91
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofT View Post
Please let there be a shave-your-head-for-a-fast-forward.
I dunno if that would slow them down for a second. They're very good about not being fazed by whatever has been put in front of them. Do you really think they would balk at that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #92
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Maybe MarkofT just has a thing for girls with shaved heads.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #93
MarkofT

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
I dunno if that would slow them down for a second. They're very good about not being fazed by whatever has been put in front of them. Do you really think they would balk at that?
With hair that long, I don't see them very willing to shave their head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
Maybe MarkofT just has a thing for girls with shaved heads.
It's usually a pretty ugly result. And they don't have a lot of pretty to start with.
MarkofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #94
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
They didn't know whose money it was. They guessed the rockers, but they were not sure. They also thought it could possibly be Abby and Ryan's.
I just watched the episode today.

They believed it to be the rocker's money. They rockers were still there. They didn't leave the money behind it was on a table in the same area. They could have easily asked. If the rockers had left the building and moved on, then I'd see it differently.

This is worse than the team in a previous season that mixed up a road block's items in the challenge and they got penalized.

They messed with another team's belongings. If it was their fanny pack with their passport that would have been ok too?

The group was talking about feeling guilty but too bad. They KNEW who's it was!

I find it dispicable that the show did not penazlie them.
NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #95
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertman View Post
Incidentally, a reused location from The Amazing Race Australia 2:[/spoiler]
The place with the "locks of love" reminded me of something they've used before.. Have they used that before? Or was there a different bridge where people WROTE love letters or something?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #96
wendiness1
WiiMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
But losing money is a normal part of the game. The Rockers could have easily lost their money and it not been found by any other players, but instead by locals. Losing your money is a realistic possibility, and therefore, teams are expected to work around that situation. That the money was "found" by another team doesn't matter. The Rockers lost it.
As I recall, the Rockers had not yet left the room. Therefore, they hadn't "lost" it yet. It was, therefore, stolen.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #97
wendiness1
WiiMomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
I think the reason many of us feel that way about the money being TAKEN, no, STOLEN...is that there's no way we could see ourselves keeping the money. Let alone giggling and laughing about it! (Though I suspect those were nervous laughs more than anything.)

And I think I also speak for my future TAR partner, who has made her views clear here.

Karma's gonna bite the Twinnies HARD. Mark my word.
If they end up winning, I'll scream!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #98
tivotvaddict
Creatively Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiness1 View Post
If they end up winning, I'll scream!
I must be the only one who likes the twins. Without taking a side on the "stealing" issue (honestly I can see both sides, but was personally disappointed that was the route they chose), the twins have consistently had a positive attitude toward all the tasks, can laugh at themselves, and put their heart, soul, and body (hair in fish barrels and all) into a task. I can only wish the people I work with had the same kind of work ethic ....

tta
Old 11-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #99
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

^^ I agree completely.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #100
Amnesia
The Question

They yell at each other too much. I always dislike that in teams. The rockers have all the characteristics you mentioned without being negative to each other...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #101
laria
Librocubicularist

No, I like the twins too, although the repetitive "c'mon twinnie!" cheers were getting annoying. I am rooting for either them or the Chippendales.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #102
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I appreciate the twins enthusiasm. They can be a bit annoying and petty sometimes. Not my least favorite team and I wouldn't be bummed if they won.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #103
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
The place with the "locks of love" reminded me of something they've used before.. Have they used that before? Or was there a different bridge where people WROTE love letters or something?
There was one in China on the Great Wall. There were seemingly millions of locks. http://www.flickr.com/photos/brucebeh/534248590/ I remember at least one contestant had a mental meltdown during that one.

I can't remember if it's been used on Amazing Race but probably the most famous locks are those on the Ponts des Arts bridge in Paris. Lovers write their names on a padlock, lock it and then throw the key into the Seine. http://www.bonjourparis.com/story/pa...that-wont-die/
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #104
getbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChris View Post
They believed it to be the rocker's money. They rockers were still there. They didn't leave the money behind it was on a table in the same area. They could have easily asked. If the rockers had left the building and moved on, then I'd see it differently.
In the shot we saw, the money was sitting on what appears to be a table, but if you watch the Twinny pick it up, you can see she bends over and picks it up off the ground. The close-up of the money is clearly a cut-away shot that was shot later, so you can't really judge their actions based on that.

It looks like the Rockers were sitting at one desk in the office waiting for the Twinnies to get done with the computer, and then they swapped positions and the Rockers moved their bags with them. Then, the Twinny walked over to where the Rockers had been and saw the money under the desk. They said they were unsure whose money it was, but assumed it was either the Rockers or Abbie & Ryan.

Personally, if it were me, I would have asked them if they had dropped it, but we also have to remember that this is a competition and they were never in any danger of actually being stranded in a foreign country without any money. At worst, they would be eliminated from the Race and then the producers would give them whatever assistance they needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChris View Post
This is worse than the team in a previous season that mixed up a road block's items in the challenge and they got penalized.

They messed with another team's belongings. If it was their fanny pack with their passport that would have been ok too?
I would say that appears to be the line of what is acceptable. If they had stolen the money out of the Rocker's bag or otherwise messed with their possessions, they likely would have been penalized.

If you take each team's actions as separate events: The Twins found money on the ground and chose to keep it. That's acceptable within the rules of the Race. The Rockers lost money and received no additional assistance from the Race organizers to recover it. Again, something we've seen happen before.

I think most of us can agree it's not how we would have acted in that situation (or at least we believe that's not how we would have handled it), but I can also understand why they weren't penalized for it.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #105
gschrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivotvaddict View Post
I must be the only one who likes the twins. Without taking a side on the "stealing" issue (honestly I can see both sides, but was personally disappointed that was the route they chose), the twins have consistently had a positive attitude toward all the tasks, can laugh at themselves, and put their heart, soul, and body (hair in fish barrels and all) into a task. I can only wish the people I work with had the same kind of work ethic ....

tta

To be honest, I find them pretty hypocritical myself. They're constantly making snide comments about other teams, and yet when anyone says anything at all to them, they immediately take offense. Add that to the pretty grating twinnie stuff, and they weren't my favorite team before this incident.
gschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #106
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschrock View Post
To be honest, I find them pretty hypocritical myself. They're constantly making snide comments about other teams, and yet when anyone says anything at all to them, they immediately take offense. Add that to the pretty grating twinnie stuff, and they weren't my favorite team before this incident.
You left out the annoying comments about how they are the brown ones. E.g. next week's
Spoiler:
"We can't get a taxi because we are brown." (or vice versa, depending on the country)

Last edited by murgatroyd : 11-13-2012 at 09:26 PM.
murgatroyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #107
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Spoiler:
You left out the annoying comments about how they are the brown ones. "We can't get a taxi because we are brown." (or vice versa, depending on the country)
This is the thread for the episode before they made that comment.

Last edited by DevdogAZ : 11-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #108
mattack

Like I've said before, I like the twins, but their yelling definitely gets to me… though even that not as much as it does to some other people in this thread.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #109
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
This is the thread for the episode before they made that comment.
Oops. Spoiler-tagged now, thanks for the nudge.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #110
gschrock

Quote:
Oops. Spoiler-tagged now, thanks for the nudge.
Spoiler:

In fairness, Russia is not exactly a haven of melting pot diversity. It's entirely possible that it could make life more difficult for them there. I'm willing to cut them a little slack for that particular incident.

gschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #111
Doh

I liked the twins until this episode-- the stealing was just low.

Chippendales are now officially my favorite team. (Something about them reminds me of the cowboys)