TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-10-2015, 08:52 PM   #5191
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
You can do it yourself. All you have to do is modify the code.

If you don't want to do that, then you could use kmttg for xfers from the TiVo. It has a user tailorable file naming template.
Thanks for the reply. I had seen some references to kmttg having that ability and was wondering if pyTivo had it as well.

Scott

4. S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
  5. S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 06-10-2015, 11:15 PM   #5192
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
Thanks for the reply. I had seen some references to kmttg having that ability and was wondering if pyTivo had it as well.

Scott
I realize my response may have seemed snarky, but it wasn't really intended that way. It's literally what I would do.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:04 AM   #5193
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I realize my response may have seemed snarky, but it wasn't really intended that way. It's literally what I would do.
Maybe, but I didn't take it that way. I really did appreciate the response!

Scott

4. S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
  5. S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:42 AM   #5194
Allanon

Update to my push error. Windows 10 Preview did a major update and now push works. I tired pushing a video yesterday and it didn't work, but after receiving this Windows 10 update, push works fine. I didn't change anything with pyTivo.

Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #5195
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

*waves hi*
I'm back and trying to get push working and now I've got an issue I never had when I tried this 3 years ago. I'm running pytivo on a Server 2012R2 box and attempting to push movies back only to Roamio Plus that just got a new drive and it keeps failing almost instantly on the push with the following error:
Code:
INFO:pyTivo.video.video:[21/Jun/2015 18:28:31] Done sending "F:\ServerFolders\Vi
deos\tivo\Mom - ''Sick Popes and a Red Ferrari'' (Recorded Apr 16, 2015, WBZDT).
TiVo" to midtivo, 0 bytes, 0.00 Mb/s
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.22 [21/Jun/2015 18:28:37] "GET /MyMovies/Movie%20(Recorded
%20Jun%2028,%202014,%20TVGNHD).TiVo?Format=video%2Fmpeg HTTP/1.1" 206 -
INFO:pyTivo.video.video:[21/Jun/2015 18:28:37] Start sending "F:\ServerFolders\V
ideos\tivo\Movie (Recorded Jun 28, 2014, TVGNHD).TiVo" to midtivo
Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)

ffmpeg version N-73010-gbb3703a Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 4.9.2 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-av
isynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enab
le-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --
enable-libdcadec --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-l
ibilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enab
le-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --en
able-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --ena
ble-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc
 --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enabl
e-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-lzma --ena
ble-decklink --enable-zlib
  libavutil      54. 27.100 / 54. 27.100
  libavcodec     56. 41.100 / 56. 41.100
  libavformat    56. 37.100 / 56. 37.100
  libavdevice    56.  4.100 / 56.  4.100
  libavfilter     5. 17.100 /  5. 17.100
  libswscale      3.  1.101 /  3.  1.101
  libswresample   1.  2.100 /  1.  2.100
  libpostproc    53.  3.100 / 53.  3.100
pipe:: Invalid data found when processing input
My config reads as follows:
Quote:
[Server]
togo_path = F:\ServerFolders\Videos\tivo
tivodecode = F:\pytivo\Bin\tivodecode.exe
tivo_password = kittykat
tivo_mak = 3507927565
tivo_username = tivo@qwack.org
tdcat = F:\pytivo\Bin\tdcat.exe
ffmpeg = F:\pytivo\Bin\ffmpeg.exe

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[MyMovies]
path = F:\ServerFolders\Videos\tivo
type = video
I tried searching but even advanced search doesn't seem to point me at an obvious item I'm missing and I'm assuming it is something I missed.

The files are all the .tivo files I downloaded from this Roamio box last month with Tivo Desktop

Old 06-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #5196
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
The files are all the .tivo files I downloaded from this Roamio box last month with Tivo Desktop
If you downloaded with "fast" mode enabled in TiVo Desktop that means the container is TS and tivodecode doesn't properly support decrypting that container. (For pushes pyTivo has to decrypt to mpeg2, but if you pull instead of push then that's not necessary).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:13 PM   #5197
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
If you downloaded with "fast" mode enabled in TiVo Desktop that means the container is TS and tivodecode doesn't properly support decrypting that container. (For pushes pyTivo has to decrypt to mpeg2, but if you pull instead of push then that's not necessary).
oh bother.. that's a pain I wish I'd thought to check that setting before I replaced the drive.
Now it's 135 items I have to individually start a pull from on the Tivo itself, that will take some time.

I'm really tempted to just put the old drive in and see about transferring them again in slow mode

Old 06-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #5198
moyekj

Quote:
oh bother.. that's a pain I wish I'd thought to check that setting before I replaced the drive.
Now it's 135 items I have to individually start a pull from on the Tivo itself, that will take some time.

I'm really tempted to just put the old drive in and see about transferring them again in slow mode
If you have Windows OS (which you must since you use TiVo Desktop to download), kmttg can decrypt them for you from FILES tab (using dsd instead of tivodecode). Under Program Options simply enable "Decrypt using DirectShow Dump instead of tivodecode" option.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #5199
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
If you have Windows OS (which you must since you use TiVo Desktop to download), kmttg can decrypt them for you (uses dsd instead of tivodecode). Under Program Options simply enable "Decrypt using DirectShow Dump instead of tivodecode" option.
I should be able to do that, after they're decoded can I push them back in bulk like I planned?
I do have flexibility here since I just want them back eventually for ease of use (amusingly enough same reason I used pytivo a few years ago..)

Old 06-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #5200
moyekj

Quote:
I should be able to do that, after they're decoded can I push them back in bulk like I planned?
Yes of course, once decrypted pyTivo can push them without issue. Make sure turn on "metadata" task in kmttg in addition to "decrypt" so you retain some metadata associated with the titles (though pushes lose a lot more metadata than pulls).

Old 06-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #5201
lpwcomp

Quote:
I do have flexibility here since I just want them back eventually for ease of use (amusingly enough same reason I used pytivo a few years ago..)
Quote:
Yes of course, once decrypted pyTivo can push them without issue. Make sure turn on "metadata" task in kmttg in addition to "decrypt" so you retain some metadata associated with the titles (though pushes lose a lot more metadata than pulls).
You should actually be able to have kmttg push the decrypted recording to the TiVo. Assuming you have kmttg set up properly, just check the "push" box in addition to the "metadata" and "decrypt" boxes.

You might want to limit the number you do at once. Some people have reported problems with too many pushes in the queue.

Another option is to just leave them on the PC and pull one when you want to watch it.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:02 AM   #5202
LI-SVT

Easy way to force a 16:9 flag?

I am using a Series 2 + Cable Box to record some of my shows. I have the cable box set to the stretch mode. Everything works as expected. When I play these recordings back on my Roamio and I have the picture set to fill the screen the image looks correct.

After these recordings are done KMTTG pulls them from the S2. I then use pyTiVo to pull them to other TiVo boxes in the house. It would be really neat if I could get these recording pulled with the 16:9 flag set. My reason for this is I like to leave the TiVo picture mode set to zoom.

I tried the 169 setting for a specific TSN but that didn't do it.

Anyone have any advise?

LI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #5203
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI-SVT View Post
Anyone have any advise?
pyTivo's not going to help you with this. Even if you could get it to set the aspect ratio to 16:9 by forcing a reencode, that would mean a loss in quality. What you really want is to change the aspect ratio flag, and only the flag. There are utilities that can do this -- I've used them in the past. But I don't recall the details now.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:57 PM   #5204
LI-SVT

Ok, thank you. I have Video Redo and it does a good job with this task. I just have to re-mux each video manually.

I forgot to mention my main motivation is the TiVo phone app. Neither IOS or Android allow a stretch mode. This makes my S2 recordings look distorted on my phone and tablet.

LI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote