TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-04-2003, 10:47 PM   #1
cwingert

New TiVoWeb Module : ChannelGrid

I created a new TiVoWeb module that allows the user to see a single channel's programming data for a week.

The grid displays day on the x-axis and time on the y-axis.

This allows the user to look at all programming for a favorite channel.

As a shortcoming Schedule/Program loading time is somewhat long, but I have found some cool programs on my favorite channels by looking at the programming data in this format.

Drop it in your modules directory and do a Restart -> Quick Reload.

BTW - This module was developed on version 2.5 software, so YMMV.

This code is based on schedule.itcl by David Lowe and logos.itcl by Jake B.
Attached Files
File Type: txt channelgrid.itcl.txt (14.7 KB, 4176 views)
cwingert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 11:43 PM   #2
jberman
Mostly Harmless

Works great on 3.0 Philips SA running TivoWeb 1.9.5. Great idea for a module, thank you!

Would be even better if the module could show program description on mouseover of the program title (you'd have to output the show description in the title attribute of each of the links - that might slow down the module load time though).

Last edited by jberman : 06-05-2003 at 09:20 AM.
jberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 11:48 PM   #3
cwingert

I'll add it if there is enough interest

Quote:
Originally posted by jberman
Works great on 3.0 Philips SA running TivoWeb 1.9.5. Great idea for a module, thank you!

Would be even better if the module could show program description on mouseover of the program title (you'd have to output the show description in the title attribute of each of the links - that might slow down the module though).

Old 06-05-2003, 07:44 AM   #4
deebo
User

This is excelent, It works much better for through searching a certain channel than the existing, channel guide module. I also think it would be nice if you could mouse over and get the description.
-David
deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
rrr22777

thank you. thank you. thank you.

up until now i have been selecting the channel and then clicking next, next ...

cant wait to get home so i can load this module.
rrr22777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #6
propman07

Quote:
Originally posted by jberman

Would be even better if the module could show program description on mouseover of the program title (you'd have to output the show description in the title attribute of each of the links - that might slow down the module load time though).
Hi-

I'm getting ready to install my TivoWeb card for my SAT-T60, so I have been spending more time checking the boards for activity. I thought that the lates version of TivoWeb was 1.9.4. I was just curious where 1.9.5 came from.

TIA

HR10-250 HD DTivo
Sony SAT-T60 DTivo
Philips DSR-6000 DTivo
propman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 12:10 PM   #7
A.C.

Quote:
I thought that the lates version of TivoWeb was 1.9.4. I was just curious where 1.9.5 came from.

Yeah me too!!!
A.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 12:44 PM   #8
cwingert

I was thinking that an EPG (maybe a 3 - 4 hour layout) would be nice too. Anybody ever look into this?

Loading time may suck even more though, I'm not sure if it is worth it.

It would be fun to try if TCL wasn't such a pain, its funny how you miss strong typing when it is gone. Running through the database to get data is painful too. Might not be a bad idea to export the database to a PC for crap like this.

Last edited by cwingert : 06-05-2003 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:06 PM   #9
gamehendge2000

is awesome thanks!
gamehendge2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 02:39 PM   #10
disco
Father of Sam.

Anyone have a screenshot to tide me over till I get home to install this??
Old 06-05-2003, 03:21 PM   #11
Attack

Quote:
Originally posted by disco904
Anyone have a screenshot to tide me over till I get home to install this??
I connected to my home network and installed the module. The pics look bad since I saved them in mspaint.

1st screen shot
Attached Files
File Type: zip channel-grid-1.zip (75.3 KB, 1605 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 03:22 PM   #12
Attack

2nd screen shot
Attached Files
File Type: zip channel-grid-2.zip (89.7 KB, 1057 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:46 PM   #13
osetivo

Haven't tried yet, but is a future connection to mplay** on the agenda?

Edit oops, forgot whrere I was.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:32 PM   #14
cwingert

Nope.

I was bored for an hour and starting writing it.

Turned out to take 4 hours because of how painful it is to interact with the stupid MFS and my lack of TCL skills.

What do you mean 09 is a syntax error? Octal? Stupid TCL.

mplayer isn't a bad word. tivo-mplayer on the other hand....

Quote:
Originally posted by osetivo
Haven't tried yet, but is a future connection to mplay** on the agenda?

Edit oops, forgot whrere I was.

Last edited by cwingert : 06-05-2003 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:02 AM   #15
jberman
Mostly Harmless

You're right, that was just me flubbing "1.9.4 beta 5." My bad. To the best of my knowledge there is no 1.9.5 yet.
jberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 01:59 AM   #16
AlphaWolf
Brave yet stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by cwingert

It would be fun to try if TCL wasn't such a pain, its funny how you miss strong typing when it is gone. Running through the database to get data is painful too. Might not be a bad idea to export the database to a PC for crap like this.
What about caching the guide data to the ext2 partition? The guide data can't be over a few megs, (if that) could it?
AlphaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 03:35 AM   #17
occitan

Re: TiVoWeb mplay**

Quote:
Nope.

I was bored for an hour and starting writing it.

Turned out to take 4 hours because of how painful it is to interact with the stupid MFS and my lack of TCL skills.
Isn't tcl fun ! Debugging especially. I've lost days of my life recently making just a few minor mods to a TCS module...

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is that I discovered your mplay** works perfectly with the M**Str**m TiVoWeb module, using http:// URLs instead of tivo:// URLs. This means it isn't necessary to run vserv**

The current Mfs***eam module redirects the download to port 2000 or something like that when selecting on a program from the web page, making it slightly more complicated than a simple cut & paste into the command line, but it works once you get the final URL.

Therefore it should be possible to configure ones browser prefs to launch mplay** when receiving streams from this module, e.g. file extension based. It may be necessary to modify the javascript a little in the M**Str**m page, as the way URL redirecting is done might not be compatible with defining a browser helper, but it should be much much easier than writing a new mplay** module from scratch...

Ch**s
occitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 07:40 AM   #18
disco
Father of Sam.

Well, I installed this module and it works GREAT! Thanks, cwingert!

BTW, has anyone made a channel/show grid module like the one used on DirecTV or TVGuide.com, where it has channels down the left, and times across the top?...showing multiple channels at once?
Old 06-06-2003, 09:06 AM   #19
cwingert

The problem with http download is that stream skipping is disabled in the stock mplayer for that protocol.

You can also setup protocol's in your brower to launch applications based on the tivo: protocol

Quote:
Originally posted by occitan
Re: TiVoWeb mplay**

Isn't tcl fun ! Debugging especially. I've lost days of my life recently making just a few minor mods to a TCS module...

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is that I discovered your mplay** works perfectly with the M**Str**m TiVoWeb module, using http:// URLs instead of tivo:// URLs. This means it isn't necessary to run vserv**

The current Mfs***eam module redirects the download to port 2000 or something like that when selecting on a program from the web page, making it slightly more complicated than a simple cut & paste into the command line, but it works once you get the final URL.

Therefore it should be possible to configure ones browser prefs to launch mplay** when receiving streams from this module, e.g. file extension based. It may be necessary to modify the javascript a little in the M**Str**m page, as the way URL redirecting is done might not be compatible with defining a browser helper, but it should be much much easier than writing a new mplay** module from scratch...

Ch**s

Old 06-06-2003, 09:08 AM   #20
cwingert

This is what I asked about a few posts up.

You are talking about an EPG.

Quote:
Originally posted by disco904
Well, I installed this module and it works GREAT! Thanks, cwingert!

BTW, has anyone made a channel/show grid module like the one used on DirecTV or TVGuide.com, where it has channels down the left, and times across the top?...showing multiple channels at once?

Old 06-06-2003, 02:32 PM   #21
troycarpenter

need to use url_prefix variable

This is a great module. I there are only two problems I have encountered...one easily fixed, and the other probably nothing that can be done.

First, when you create the grid, you need to use $url_prefix for any URLs you create yourself. That requires adding a "global url_prefix" at the beginning of any routines and using the variable while creating the link(Around line 268, I think). You do not need it wherever you use TivoWeb routines to create links.

The unfixable problem seems to be related to stations that I have added to my lineup. I have a script that will take a channel and change the station pointer. I use this to take a station that is not in my lineup and point a channel to a station that is (it's a long story as to why I need to do that). When I pick one of the new stations to generate the grid, the script takes forever, and before crashes reports about some type of conflict and the Tivo resets (or I wonder if I am running out of memory...hmm). So far that only happens on stations where my script has run and is probably a side effect of the script.

One feature request...Can you make the week start with the current day, instead of Monday? That would give a week's worth of data on one screen, instead of the remainder of the week.

Great work.

Troy
troycarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 04:57 PM   #22
Attack

Re: need to use url_prefix variable

Quote:
Originally posted by troycarpenter

The unfixable problem seems to be related to stations that I have added to my lineup. I have a script that will take a channel and change the station pointer. I use this to take a station that is not in my lineup and point a channel to a station that is (it's a long story as to why I need to do that). When I pick one of the new stations to generate the grid, the script takes forever, and before crashes reports about some type of conflict and the Tivo resets (or I wonder if I am running out of memory...hmm). So far that only happens on stations where my script has run and is probably a side effect of the script.

Troy

Do you use the "Channel Map" module for TiVoWeb? If no, I could see if it has a problem with a channel remapped with this script.

Old 06-06-2003, 08:33 PM   #23
troycarpenter

No, this is not with remapped channels. Remember, there are channel objects and station objects. Channel objects associate channel numbers with station objects. Remapping channels changes the association between the channel object and channel number.

Also, and this is more important, channel remapping can only change the channel numbers for stations that already exist in the lineup

My script changes the association between the channel object and the station object. With my script I can take a channel object, which used to be associated with a station in my lineup, and associate it with a station that is NOT in my lineup. Which means it is how you add stations to your lineup that are not in the lineup (as long as that channel is in at least one of the lineups on your TiVo, which is a good chance).

Now, after my script runs, I usually have to remap the channel to put the new station in the right place.

I too have run the module on channels that I simply remapped and there was no problem. It is only on stations that I have added to my lineup that were not there before.
troycarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 03:41 AM   #24
rbiro

Sometimes when I run ChannelMap, Tivo just reboots. (SVR-2000, 3.0-01-1-010).

Anybody else see this?
rbiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:35 AM   #25
rrr22777

Quote:
Originally posted by rbiro
Sometimes when I run ChannelMap, Tivo just reboots. (SVR-2000, 3.0-01-1-010).

Anybody else see this?
I have also seen this on my svr-2000.
rrr22777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 09:17 AM   #26
John Murray

When I select the ChannelGrid from tivoweb, the tivo restarts.
Very strange.
John Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 10:07 AM   #27
mrschwarz

This is a terrific module. I have already found a few 'gems' and I have only had it a few minutes. Thanks!
mrschwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 12:49 PM   #28
wintersn

I can't seem to figure out whats going on here. Here is the error output for channelgrid. I had it working fine 2 days ago, now it doesn't seem to.
Anyone know what it could be? I suspect the channels aern't lining up to what they should be.

Nate

--cut here--
action_channelgrid '' 'set "whichChannel" "661770";'
can't open object (errDbNotFound)

while executing
"db $db openid $fsid"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type "/Schedule" "$whichChannel:" 15 {
set stationday [db $db openid $fsid]
set showings [dbob..."
(procedure "::action_channelgrid" line 111)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--
wintersn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 02:34 PM   #29
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

errDbNotFound suggests the database didn't load; do a full Restart on TiVoWeb.
sanderton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 02:46 PM   #30
cojonesdetoro

Quote:
I'll add it if there is enough interest
Maybe an episode title or the first few words of the description if there is none.
cojonesdetoro is offline   Reply With Quote