Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series 1 - UK
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-03-2004, 05:58 AM   #661
lcsneil
Shrubber

Quote:
Originally posted by LJ
I saw that happen when I changed to a newer version of the cachecard drivers. The drivers were generating so many warning messages that DailyMail couldn't handle so much data!
I use Turbonet and haven't updated anything that I am aware of recently. But I get the idea.

So any ideas what I can do about it?

Tried using ps aux to see what was running but using Windoze Telnet it truncates the items beyond the window so I see tivosh /var/hack/tivo... is running but I cant tell what as the characters after the 'tivo' bit are truncated - even if I pipe them to a file.

Mind you not sure quite what I would be looking for anyway from the output of ps aux - things with a lot of memory usage or % CPU ?

Neil
Old 04-03-2004, 09:21 AM   #662
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

Question Set Debugging to "3"

Neil,

can you set debugging to "3" and get a bit more info on where it flops,

cheers

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- The Best of Technology!
tivo-onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:21 AM   #663
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

Question Set Debugging to "3"

Neil,

can you set debugging to "3" and get a bit more info on where it flops,

cheers

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #664
lcsneil
Shrubber

Chris - have done that - you have a PM
Old 04-04-2004, 04:09 PM   #665
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

Stumped

Thanks for the PM. I inspected the log file and discovered exactly where it broke down:

relevant LOG segment:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

debug-html starts
debug-body starts
Dumping mempool to /tmp/BlockFailure.185
Tmk Assertion Failure:
BlockFailure, line 1771 ()
Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <185> died due to signal -2

relevant CODE segment:

if {$debuglvl>1} { puts "[clock format [clock seconds] -format {%H:%M:%S} -gmt true]-debug-body starts" }
puts $chan "<body>"
flush $chan
if {$debuglvl>2} { puts "[clock format [clock seconds] -format {%H:%M:%S} -gmt true]-debug---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------" }

I have to say that I am stumped. I am assuming it is breaking down on the execution of the puts $chan "<body>" command, and I see no reason for it to error here rather than any other location. I can only think that is some kind of memory probem, but it is happening exceptionally early in the process. I have had the same error previously due to a very very very large email too large as it happens.

Apologies, but it is going to take a more knowledgable person than me to figure this out, especially since it woks fine on a manual tivo-web based invokation,

sorry,

Chris

Old 04-04-2004, 05:44 PM   #666
lcsneil
Shrubber

This just re-confirms my BS Standard Idiot classification for guaranteed performance at breaking software.

If you ever want s'ware testing to the extreme - just ask me.

(I'm imfamous for it amongst my suppliers at work!)

Neil
"Bummer said Dougal"
Old 04-05-2004, 02:37 AM   #667
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

You could try explicitly setting the buffer for $chan, if you haven't already.
sanderton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:39 AM   #668
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

how would we go about doing that?

cheers

Chris

Old 04-05-2004, 03:43 AM   #669
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

This will fluch the buffer at ever line ending and/or at 4k max size (from memory, check syntax!)

fconfigure $chan -buffering line -buffersize 4096
Old 04-05-2004, 10:16 AM   #670
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

Quote:
Originally posted by lcsneil
This just re-confirms my BS Standard Idiot classification for guaranteed performance at breaking software.

If you ever want s'ware testing to the extreme - just ask me.

(I'm imfamous for it amongst my suppliers at work!)

Neil
"Bummer said Dougal"

Try this beta test version (LINK REMOVED) and see if it is any better. I have added in the buffer related command that Stuart suggested.

cheers

Chris

Last edited by tivo-onion : 04-06-2004 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:36 PM   #671
Prof. Yaffle

Chris, I have an admission to make. Out of curiosity I tried the Beta version you posted above just to be nosey. I tried the Config Editor in TiVoweb and couldn't get it to save any changes. When I later rebooted my TiVo it wouldn't run TiVoweb. After much headscratching I by chance looked at the rc.sysinit.author.edit created by Stuart's Startup Editor and found it had been replaced by the modified config file from Dailymail. It's entirely my fault for being nosey and you probably already know about it but I thought I'd let you know just in case.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:38 AM   #672
lcsneil
Shrubber

Quote:
Originally posted by tivo-onion
Try this beta test version and see if it is any better. I have added in the buffer related command that Stuart suggested.

cheers

Chris
Nope

Rebooted - have PMed you the log file Tivo-Onion

Neil
Old 04-06-2004, 02:00 AM   #673
lcsneil
Shrubber

Quote:
Originally posted by Prof. Yaffle
Chris, I have an admission to make. Out of curiosity I tried the Beta version you posted above just to be nosey. I tried the Config Editor in TiVoweb and couldn't get it to save any changes. When I later rebooted my TiVo it wouldn't run TiVoweb. After much headscratching I by chance looked at the rc.sysinit.author.edit created by Stuart's Startup Editor and found it had been replaced by the modified config file from Dailymail. It's entirely my fault for being nosey and you probably already know about it but I thought I'd let you know just in case.
Not sure I understand what you're saying. I presume you mean startup editor?

I can save OK with it (thought this was independent of Dailymail)

This beta version seems to work same as previous versions for me.

Neil
Old 04-06-2004, 02:39 AM   #674
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

Stumped Again

Neil,

I have inspected the log, and I am again stumped. The code seems to have errored at a completely unrelated point than the last time it fell over:

Code:
06:16:48-debug-permitted item found in line : >>dailymail_jazz.tcl<<
06:16:48-about to split cron line into parameter items
06:16:48-debug-cron split successfully into individual items
06:16:48-debug-this item is valid - not comment
06:16:48-debug-minute parameter : >>25<<
06:16:48-debug-hour parameter : >>18<<
06:16:48-debug-day of month parameter : >>*<<
06:16:48-debug-month parameter : >>*<<
06:16:48-debug-day of week parameter : >>*<<
06:16:48-debug-checkpoint 001
06:16:48-debug-checkpoint 006
06:16:48-debug-checkpoint 008
06:16:48-debug-compiling to do list
06:16:48-debug-starting main to-do loop
Dumping mempool to /tmp/BlockFailure.263
Tmk Assertion Failure: 
BlockFailure, line 1771 ()
Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <263> died due to signal -2
This time it fell over whilst parsing the cron file? I have no idea why - but it looks like some kind of memory related issue again. Could it be related to the creation of the log file? The only other thing I can think of is to take the logging level down to "0" in the cfg file and try that. Otherwise, I have no idea!

cheers,

Chris

Last edited by tivo-onion : 04-06-2004 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:42 AM   #675
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

Overload!

Quote:
Originally posted by Prof. Yaffle
Prof.,

naughty naughty! But thanks anyway ... it seems that I was accidentally overloading the same "edit_save" procedure the Stuart (Sanderton) was using for the other update script. I have updated the relevant scripts - so thanks for that! I did not have the other edit script installed at the time, so I did not get the same problem!

cheers

Chris

Old 04-06-2004, 02:43 AM   #676
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

Memory is most likely, but don't rule out a HD fault either.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:49 AM   #677
mbriody

Is this Startup Editor a new feature in this beta or have I missed something? I don't have any menu item for this in my TivoWeb.

Anyway it sounds useful!

Quote:
Originally posted by lcsneil
Not sure I understand what you're saying. I presume you mean startup editor?

I can save OK with it (thought this was independent of Dailymail)

This beta version seems to work same as previous versions for me.

Neil

mbriody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:26 AM   #678
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

v0.35 BETA dailymail_jazz.tcl

Well, my hand has been forced - mostly my own fault for posting a link to a beta version. I should make it availble to the world at large, and so here it is: Version (beta) 0.35 of Dailymail_Jazz and associated files.

All the detailed are in the readme in the zip file, but the main new features and fixes are:[list=1][*] new 'managedailymail.itcl' module that replaces all previous tivoweb modules except 'controlpadding.itcl' which is optional. This module is a lot more sophisticated, and allows you to edit the config file as well as provides other key capabilities, including picking up default values from the config file, as long as it is placed on one of the permitted directory structures.[*] a more sohisticated 'controlpadding.itcl' module.[*] a revamped config file with more detailed information and a better structure.[*] american spelling / date option - see 'yankspeak' variable in the confile file.[*] fixed some spelling mistakes[*] times on debugging lines[*] added stuliet's <tr> expiry section fix[*] added debugging when sending message body if deguglvl is bigger than 2[*] added "httpd-tt.tcl" for tivoweb running hacks suggestion by PortlandPaw[*] added sandertons pathname function so the directory of the .cfg file need not be specified and other local files - as long as in same directory[*] endpad and noreddot added to running hacks view[*] added view cron task list courtesy of del4[*] addded extra daily call functions courtesy of del4[*] added record list (rejection list) options section- via variable in .cfg file[*] added daily list seperator capability with offset - via variable in .cfg file[*] added verbose vs alert only bulletin options - via variable in .cfg file[*] shortened name on manage daily status email function[*] added in max buffer length / buffer configuration for email sending[*] made cron reading and display of schedule optional - via variable in .cfg file[*] added in more debugging around endpad routines[*] added optionality on previous and future sections in rejected recording list - via variable in .cfg file[*] fixed editor save / edit issues found in beta test[/list=1]

The file is available for download here.

Remember - read the README for installation and update information!

Enjoy & please feed any further comments back,

cheers

Chris

Last edited by tivo-onion : 04-14-2004 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:30 AM   #679
mbriody

Getting a crc error on extract. Tried the latest Winzip and WinRar.

Forget that, just redownloaded it and all is well.

TiVo #1: UK S1 SA 2.5.5, 120Gb + Sky (subscribed) + CacheCard (0Mb RAM)
TiVo #2: UK S1 SA 2.5.5, 120Gb + Sky (FTA) + TurboNet
Old 04-06-2004, 03:34 AM   #680
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

cannot replicate that error - seems to unzip and extract fine. Is zipped using winzip 8.0. Try downloading it again,

cheers

Chris

Last edited by tivo-onion : 04-07-2004 at 03:54 AM.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:00 AM   #681
Prof. Yaffle

Re: v0.35 BETA dailymail_jazz.tcl

Quote:
Well, my hand has been forced - mostly my own fault for posting a link to a beta version.
Sorry
Old 04-06-2004, 05:08 AM   #682
mbriody

Can't get the beta to work

I'm using TWP v1.0 and made the same mod's as for last version of DailyMail which are detailed here

This time I got this error:

10:02:56-debug-need to look for overlapping programs with endpad
10:02:59-debug-29 items to investigate for endpad programme overlapping
10:02:59-debug-starting main to-do loop
10:03:02-debug-compiling expiration list
10:03:05-debug-compiling conflicts list
10:03:27-debug-started record history procedure
10:03:27-debug-mintime >>1081073007<<
10:03:27-debug-maxtime >>1081245807<<
can't read "cancelreasons": no such variable
while executing
"lindex $cancelreasons [expr $creason - 1]"
("default" arm line 1)
invoked from within
"switch $creason {
2 { set reason "Duplicate" }
5 { set reason "Power Was Off" ; set findalt 1 }
12 { set reason "Deleted" }
14 { set r..."
("uplevel" body line 50)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Recording/History" "" {
set recdate [split $name ":"]
regsub {^(-?)0+([1-9])} [lindex $recdate 1] {\1\2} rectime
..."
(procedure "recordhistory" line 37)
invoked from within
"recordhistory"
(procedure "outputSection" line 79)
invoked from within
"outputSection 4"
(file "./dailymail_jazz.tcl" line 3523)
bash-2.02#

The variable "cancelreasons" looks new from the previous version and I can't find reference to it anywhere else. Any ideas?

Last edited by mbriody : 04-06-2004 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:32 AM   #683
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

cancelreasons

Fixed, just updated 0.35 beta zip file in the previous post. Try again - only the dailymail_jazz.tcl file has changed.

cheers

Chris

Old 04-06-2004, 08:30 AM   #684
Prof. Yaffle

Chris,

If I run the Beta with the Cron list switched on I get this :-

13:15:06-debug-perform ls
13:15:06-debug-the command being executed is >>exec /var/hack/bin/ls -ls /var/log/endpad.log<<
13:15:06-debug-ls output : >> 23 -rw-r--r-- 1 0 0 22507 Apr 6 13:15 /var/log/endpad.log<<
13:15:06-debug-log file found
13:15:06-debug-endpad logfile status : >>ok<<
13:15:06-debug-checking for new messages in tivo central
13:15:06-debug-reading the temperature, calculating uptime, checking what's running
13:15:06-debug-about to run thermal check
13:15:07-debug-thermal check run
13:15:07-debug-about to run uptime check
13:15:07-debug-uptime check run
13:15:07-debug-about to run ps
13:15:08-debug-ps run
13:15:08-debug-hack found >>tnlited<<
13:15:08-debug-hack found >>httpd-tt.tcl<<
13:15:08-debug-hack found >>tivoftp<<
13:15:08-debug-hack found >>cron<<
13:15:08-debug-hack found >>endpad.tcl<<
13:15:08-debug-about to parse crontab file
13:15:08-debug-line : >>## /etc/crontab: system-wide crontab<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >># Unlike any other crontab you don't have to run the `crontab'<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >># command to install the new version when you edit this file.<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >><<
13:15:08-debug-line : >># for TiVo: This file doesn't use a user field like system-wide crontabs<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >># normally do. Everything runs at uid 0 (not that it matters for TiVo).<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >>SHELL=/bin/sh<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >>PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/var/hack/bin<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >># The following environment variables are needed for many tcl scripts to<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >># run. Thanks to AlphaWolf for troubleshooting this.<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >>MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >>TIVO_ROOT=""<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >># Actual crontab entries below. This sample should append a date to<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >># a file every ten minutes.<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >># m h dom mon dow command<<
13:15:08-debug-line : >>11 08 * * 1-7 /var/hack/dailymail_jazz.tcl > /var/log/dailymail 2>&1 &<<
13:15:08-debug-permitted item found in line : >>dailymail_jazz.tcl<<
13:15:08-about to split cron line into parameter items
13:15:08-debug-cron split successfully into individual items
13:15:08-debug-this item is valid - not comment
13:15:08-debug-minute parameter : >>11<<
13:15:08-debug-hour parameter : >>08<<
13:15:08-debug-day of month parameter : >>*<<
13:15:08-debug-month parameter : >>*<<
13:15:08-debug-day of week parameter : >>1-7<<
13:15:08-debug-checkpoint 001
13:15:08-debug-checkpoint 006

If I run it from bash I get the above with this on the end:- www.karl.tracey.dsl.pipex.com/dmerror.JPG

If I run it with Cron list set to false it works perfectly.

Also, when I use the Manage E-mail section of TiVoweb in Internet Explorer, after running the generate email option it duplicates the menu at the top but inverts the colours. If I try it in Mozilla it duplicates the menu but leaves the colours as is.

Example :- www.karl.tracey.dsl.pipex.com/dailymail.JPG

Last edited by Prof. Yaffle : 04-06-2004 at 08:42 AM.
Prof. Yaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:37 AM   #685
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

I saw the same thing (split screen). It comes from not terminating the html block properly and starting a new one. Easily fixed.

Chebeague Island, Maine
There are 10 kinds of people, those who count in binary and those who don't.
PortlandPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:41 AM   #686
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

Prof,

sorry ... do you mean that with that with the cron stuff switch on it errors?

If so, please could you run dailymail_jazz at the tivo BASH# prompt and tell me what errors you get out ... if there is any more detail,

cheers

Chris

Old 04-06-2004, 09:03 AM   #687
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

Thumbs down Ahhhh!

Ahhh! a String To Number conversion error! I have a pathetic request : I do not know how to do a string to number conversion in tcl? Can anyone help with this. Sorry for my stupidity here!

Old 04-06-2004, 09:15 AM   #688
mbriody

Tried the 2nd beta with TWP (after edits) and the last problme is fixed but now I get this:

14:11:16-debug-29 items to investigate for endpad programme overlapping
14:11:16-debug-starting main to-do loop
14:11:19-debug-compiling expiration list
14:11:23-debug-compiling conflicts list
14:11:49-debug-started record history procedure
14:11:49-debug-mintime >>1081087909<<
14:11:49-debug-maxtime >>1081260709<<
can't scan path (0x00070009)

while executing
"mfs scan $dirName -start $prefix -count 50"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
if { [catch {mfs scan $dirName -start $prefix -count 50} batch] } {
global errorCode errorInfo
if {..."
(procedure "ForeachMfsFile" line 9)
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFile recfsid name type "/Recording/Active" "4:$date:$timestr:" {
RetryTransaction {
set rec [db $db openid $recfsid]
set show [db..."
(procedure "alt_showing" line 12)
invoked from within
"alt_showing $id $id2"
("uplevel" body line 70)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Recording/History" "" {
set recdate [split $name ":"]
regsub {^(-?)0+([1-9])} [lindex $recdate 1] {\1\2} rectime
..."
(procedure "recordhistory" line 41)
invoked from within
"recordhistory"
(procedure "outputSection" line 79)
invoked from within
"outputSection 4"
(file "./dailymail_jazz.tcl" line 3528)
bash-2.02#
Old 04-06-2004, 09:29 AM   #689
tivo-onion
Pickled All Day Long

mbriody,

see if you can perform this on your version of tivoweb:

http://###.###.###.###/history/list/all

where ###.###.###.### is you tivo's ip!

this is the standard recording history function that I have nabbed the code from to do the rejected recording list, so I would be interested if it works!

let me know,

Is anyone else having the same problem,

cheers

Chris

Old 04-06-2004, 09:33 AM   #690
Prof. Yaffle

Quote:
Prof,

sorry ... do you mean that with that with the cron stuff switch on it errors?

If so, please could you run dailymail_jazz at the tivo BASH# prompt and tell me what errors you get out ... if there is any more detail,

cheers

Chris
Yeap, with
Quote:
set cronlistrequired true
set to true it bombs out and judging by the Ahhh! above I assume you've seen the edited post with a screen grab in of it running from Bash?