TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #6391
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
I believe I've found a bug in v1p0n.

I can't delete shows from my NPL that were recorded using TiVo suggestions. Regularly recorded shows delete as expected.
What's the exact error message you are getting?
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #6392
rocket777

Might I make a suggestion for the newest (beta) export to .csv feature.

By now including the date in the file name string, I can no longer have a single shortcut on my desktop to quickly load the exported file into excel and it creates a number of files that I have to manually delete. I don't require the saving of older lists and I already now use this feature daily.

I would prefer the original method that used a fixed name with the type of list and tivo name and not have a file selector dialog for either of the todo list or the np list. It would overwrite the prior file.

But of course, others may have a different preference, hence a config option might be worthwhile.
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #6393
mglutz

Running the new version (v1p0n) with the 'Use RPC to get NPL when possible' enabled I do not get my complete NPL. It was working correctly in the previous release. I only get about a third of the shows in my NPL list and is happening on both of my Premieres. I didn't look to see which shows are missing but will if needed.
mglutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #6394
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I discovered another bug with v1p0n, Using adcut with a VPrj file results in a .VPrj file instead of a .mpg file. The filesize is equivalent to a .mpg file.

Code:
>> Running adcut on I:\Video\This Old House - 3310 - Edit - Arlington Italianate Project.mpg.Vprj ...
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe //nologo E:\kmttg\VRDscripts\adcut.vbs "I:\Video\This Old House - 3310 - Edit - Arlington Italianate Project.mpg.VPrj" "I:\video\This Old House - 3310 - Edit - Arlington Italianate Project.mpg_cut.Vprj" /l:C:\DOCUME~1\Thabto\LOCALS~1\Temp\VRDLock8863487301706081952.tmp /c:mpeg /v:mpeg2video

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 02-02-2014 at 09:58 PM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:24 AM   #6395
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglutz View Post
Running the new version (v1p0n) with the 'Use RPC to get NPL when possible' enabled I do not get my complete NPL. It was working correctly in the previous release. I only get about a third of the shows in my NPL list and is happening on both of my Premieres. I didn't look to see which shows are missing but will if needed.
Do me a favor and try the kmttg.jar contained in this zip file to see if it fixes it for you:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...it?usp=sharing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:05 AM   #6396
wuzznuubi

Question Download from pause point on Roamio?

Still running v1p0m Waiting for the dust to settle.

Is there anyway to download from a Roamio from the pause point?

I have a 4hr recording on the Premiere that has one minor glitch and only downloads 71 minutes (glitch point) out of 240 minutes.

I successfully transfered the full recording from Premiere to Roamio and have the same issue downloading from Roamio.

If I try to transfer from Premiere to Roamio from the pause point (71 mins) it never transfers (waited 2 days).

And NO, it's not the SuperBowl !

Last edited by wuzznuubi : 02-03-2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: And NO,
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #6397
mglutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Do me a favor and try the kmttg.jar contained in this zip file to see if it fixes it for you:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...it?usp=sharing
Yes, That appears to correct the problem.
mglutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #6398
moyekj

v1p0p version release

New version just released with fix for RPC NPL missing shows and also a fix for ThAbtO file naming issue above when starting with .Vprj file input to "adcut". Also added "Remove" button to "Show pending pyTivo pushes" window.

EDIT: I guess Murphy's law is really kicking in as newly uploaded zip files to sourceforge don't seem to be downloading this morning. I tried changing file name and version but made no difference. Guess just leave it there for now and maybe it will resolve itself...

EDIT 2: Looks like downloads are working again now.

Last edited by moyekj : 02-03-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #6399
dougblair

Confirmed this is fixed in v1p0p! Thank you!

(Arrgh! Should have quoted...) The issue confirmed fixed is the attempt to download before recording is finished AND the multiple copies showing in the NPL via RPC.)

Doug
dougblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #6400
elprice7345

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
I believe I've found a bug in v1p0n.

I can't delete shows from my NPL that were recorded using TiVo suggestions. Regularly recorded shows delete as expected.
Fixed in v1p0p
Old 02-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #6401
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post

I have a 4hr recording on the Premiere that has one minor glitch and only downloads 71 minutes (glitch point) out of 240 minutes.

I successfully transfered the full recording from Premiere to Roamio and have the same issue downloading from Roamio.

If I try to transfer from Premiere to Roamio from the pause point (71 mins) it never transfers (waited 2 days).

Nothing has changed AFAIK on TiVo side for series 4 and later units to allow TTG resume to work.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #6402
pdc

It looks like the latest version (v1p0p )now generates individual metadata files for when doing auto transfers with a second encode. However, Atomic Parsley is only run on the first encoded file, requiring a second manual run of Atomic Parsley on the second encode. Am I missing something, or is this the intended behavior?
pdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #6403
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdc View Post
It looks like the latest version (v1p0p )now generates individual metadata files for when doing auto transfers with a second encode. However, Atomic Parsley is only run on the first encoded file, requiring a second manual run of Atomic Parsley on the second encode. Am I missing something, or is this the intended behavior?
Atomic runs are automatically done following the "encode" task - scheduled when encode completes. Requirements are that encode file name must end in .mp4 or .m4v and there must be a metadata file available (.mp4.txt or .m4v.txt). If those requirements are not satisfied the Atomic job won't be scheduled.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #6404
pdc

Quote:
Atomic runs are automatically done following the "encode" task - scheduled when encode completes. Requirements are that encode file name must end in .mp4 or .m4v and there must be a metadata file available (.mp4.txt or .m4v.txt). If those requirements are not satisfied the Atomic job won't be scheduled.
I believe that all of these requirements are being met. I have two .m4v files (show.m4v and show_iPod.m4v) and two .m4v.txt files (show.m4v.txt and show_iPod.m4v.txt), but after the two encodes are completed, Atomic Parsley is only run on show.m4v. No error messages are displayed, and I can manually run Atomic Parsley on the show_iPod.m4v file after the run without problems.
pdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #6405
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzznuubi View Post

Not sure if I had the same issue, but I had a recorded show on a Roamio that had a glitch about 7 minutes in. For whatever reason, I was unable to transfer from a pause point from the Roamio to the Premiere (blue light came on briefly, but no data moved), so I transferred the entire show to the Premiere. I then set the pause point on the Premiere after the glitch and was able to transfer the show starting at the pause point back to the Roamio. Then, from the Roamio, I transferred the partial show to my PC. I used Videoredo to join the two segments. It was a lot harder than it should have been, but it worked.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #6406
Hyrax

I've not used pyTivo in a few years. Is it possible to pyTivo from within kmttg to have kmttg to download a show from one Tivo and then automatically have kmttg tell pyTivo to push the show to another Tivo. In this situation I don't want to decode the .Tivo file because pushing a mpeg file onto another Tivo will encode as a Tivo file.

One complication that I see is that I'd like to be able to push files to either of my two Tivos, but it doesn't appear that pyTivo's configuration file allows this.

I know that Tivo allows you to transfer (non-copy protected) shows between Tivos, but the user interface is terrible for doing so. I do it a lot, and have often missed transferring a show, and even more frequently transfer the same show multiple times. It would be the bees-knees if I could figure out how to do this with kmttg.

edit:
Oh, I'm not making a feature request if kmttg cannot transfer recordings between Tivos in one step. I'm fine doing it in two steps if that is the case.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #6407
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
I've not used pyTivo in a few years. Is it possible to pyTivo from within kmttg to have kmttg to download a show from one Tivo and then automatically have kmttg tell pyTivo to push the show to another Tivo. In this situation I don't want to decode the .Tivo file because pushing a mpeg file onto another Tivo will encode as a Tivo file.
It will still be decoded by pyTivo "on the fly". Since it uses tivodeccode for this, the recordings cannot be transferred in transport stream format.

Quote:
One complication that I see is that I'd like to be able to push files to either of my two Tivos, but it doesn't appear that pyTivo's configuration file allows this.
pyTivo lets you push to any configured TiVo. In stock kmttg, the destination TiVo is a global configuration setting (File->Configure...), "pyTivo push destination" under the pyTivo tab.

Quote:
I know that Tivo allows you to transfer (non-copy protected) shows between Tivos, but the user interface is terrible for doing so. I do it a lot, and have often missed transferring a show, and even more frequently transfer the same show multiple times. It would be the bees-knees if I could figure out how to do this with kmttg.
The downside of push is you lose most of the metadata and pushed recordings will not group with episodes recorded on or pulled to the TiVo. Also, you're dependent on the TiVo "mind server".

Quote:
edit:
Oh, I'm not making a feature request if kmttg cannot transfer recordings between Tivos in one step. I'm fine doing it in two steps if that is the case.
This ability has been in kmttg for a long time, maybe even since the beginning. It invokes pyTivo to actually do the push.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #6408
Hyrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
pyTivo lets you push to any configured TiVo. In stock kmttg, the destination TiVo is a global configuration setting (File->Configure...), "pyTivo push destination" under the pyTivo tab.
Thanks for the useful information. What I saying was that I want to transfer one recording from Tivo1 to Tivo2 and transfer another recording from Tivo2 to Tivo 1. I assumed that the global setting only allows a single destination. Edit: What I'm trying to say that the destination is a pyTivo setting and it would be better for me if it were a setting on the 'Tivos' tab.

I used to use pyTivo to push existing mpeg files and was not sure what would happen if I tried to push .TIVO files. I will be moving entire seasons of shows between boxes, so the groupings will not be too much of an issue. Tivo transfers also seem to sometimes strip season and episode information, but shows are still grouped.

File management on Tivos is getting to be a huge issue as storage is getting huge. Tivo's method of transferring is very cumbersome, and I was hoping for something better.

With the information you've given me, it seems kmttg+pyTivo provide most of what I need. I'll explore it further while hoping (against reason) that one day Tivo will one day provide a better method for transfers (and provide methods for clients to define their own groups).

Thanks again

Last edited by Hyrax : 02-05-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #6409
moyekj

Well, you can work around the kmttg global setting easily for your needs. Quick example:
Block transfers from tivo1->tivo2:
* 1st make sure pyTivo is up and running**
* In kmttg set tivo2 as pyTivo push destination
* Refresh NPL for tivo1 and select all shows you want to push
* In kmttg enable only "push" task and click START

Above will download all select shows and then send push requests for them, everything 1 at a time of course.

For tivo2->tivo1 it's probably best to wait until all above transfers are done, but if you want to be aggressive you can leave above kmttg session running and start another kmttg session and repeat above sequence but reversing tivo1 and tivo2.
(Problem with doing both at same time is you will be pushing and pulling from the TiVos at same time which is probably not a good idea).

** Since you will be pushing .TiVo files you have to make sure you supply your MAK and tivodecode path to pyTivo configuration so it can decrypt on the fly to do the pushes, and you also have to make sure you have kmttg setup to NOT use TS transfers.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #6410
Hyrax

Quote:
Well, you can work around the kmttg global setting easily for your needs. Quick example:
Block transfers from tivo1->tivo2:
For tivo2->tivo1 it's probably best to wait until all above transfers are done, but if you want to be aggressive you can leave above kmttg session running and start another kmttg session and repeat above sequence but reversing tivo1 and tivo2.
Thanks - I appreciate your help!

That was more or less what I was expecting to do. Could I select a block of several hours of recordings to move them from Tivo1->Tivo2, start the process, and then immediately change the destination, select another block of recordings to move from Tivo2->Tivo1 all in the same session. Or does the destination get written to a file that gets read before each push?

The reason I'm asking this is that I've got a Tivo with 1TB of data and another with 3TB. The small capacity Roamio is connected to the cable company, and the other is OTA. I'm trying to use the large one as a server for time shifting shows that I'm not able to watch right away. With the Olympics coming up I'm trying to create as much space as possible on the smaller one. So you can see it is not an earth-shattering need, but it would be nice.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #6411
moyekj

Quote:
That was more or less what I was expecting to do. Could I select a block of several hours of recordings to move them from Tivo1->Tivo2, start the process, and then immediately change the destination, select another block of recordings to move from Tivo2->Tivo1 all in the same session.
No. The pushes don't happen until download completes and as it is right now at the time the push happens the global setting is consulted. I could probably change that behavior to be like "encode" task which remembers individual encoding name selections at the time you started the job (and shows what they are in OUTPUT column of job monitor), but that's not how it is right now for pushes.

But as things are right now that's why I suggested using 2 kmttg sessions at a time if you want to get everything going at once.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #6412
lpwcomp

Unless you also have a space problem on your computer, why not just leave them there and pull each episode back when you want to watch it?

Old 02-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #6413
reneg

Exclamation

Quote:
But as things are right now that's why I suggested using 2 kmttg sessions at a time if you want to get everything going at once.
Another potential solution is to use a custom command in kmttg to move the downloaded file into another directory/pytivo share and have pyTivo auto push https://code.google.com/p/pytivo-auto-push/ running to get it to the destination Tivo. You could still use the kmttg push option for one TiVo and the Custom command + pytivo auto push for another.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #6414
Hyrax

Quote:
... I could probably change that behavior to be like "encode" task which remembers individual encoding name selections at the time you started the job (and shows what they are in OUTPUT column of job monitor), but that's not how it is right now for pushes...
There is no need to make changes just for me. Now that I know how it works I can figure out how to make it do what I want.

Your program is wonderful, by the way. It makes having a Tivo worth the cost.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #6415
Hyrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Unless you also have a space problem on your computer, why not just leave them there and pull each episode back when you want to watch it?
That is a good idea and is my fall back plan. We're talking about at least 1 TB of recordings for the Olympics and I don't really want to manage these files on my PC. As much as my family loves watching the Olympics, it is not worth the effort. Plus, I've got a basically unused Tivo with 2 TB of free space on it that I'd like to use.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #6416
osoviejo

VRD bombs on decrypt

I'm running v1p0p, with the latest VRD TVSuite 4.21.6.674.

If I try to run a decrypt and QS Fix job on a .TiVo file, I get this output to the kmttg console:

Saved 1 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
container=mpegts, video=mpeg2video
>> Running qsfix on C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.01.20.Sound FX.TiVo ...
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\Tools\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.01.20.Sound FX.TiVo" "C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.01.20.Sound FX.ts.qsfix" /l:C:\Trash\MICHAE~1.ROP\2\VRDLock3230346918062636941.tmp /c:mpegts /v:mpeg2video
There are currently no queued jobs to save.
qsfix failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\Tools\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.01.20.Sound FX.TiVo" "C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.01.20.Sound FX.ts.qsfix" /l:C:\Trash\MICHAE~1.ROP\2\VRDLock3230346918062636941.tmp /c:mpegts /v:mpeg2video
C:\Tools\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs(101, 1) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable: 'VideoReDo.IsOutputInProgress'

The "VideoReDo has stopped working" dialog:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: VideoReDo4.exe
Application Version: 4.21.6.674
Application Timestamp: 52e11295
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.325
Fault Module Timestamp: 4df2be1e
Exception Offset: 0008af3e
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.400.8
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: cbe7
Additional Information 2: cbe72006690f771599eed02a4d172b5b
Additional Information 3: fd2e
Additional Information 4: fd2ebb29b8c24ae8ffec923658040d4e

-------------------------------------------------------------------
If I try a QS Fix only job on a previously decrypted .mpg file, I get this output:

Saved 1 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
container=mpeg, video=mpeg2video
>> Running qsfix on C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.02.03.Outside the Lines.mpg ...
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\Tools\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.02.03.Outside the Lines.mpg" "C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.02.03.Outside the Lines.mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Trash\MICHAE~1.ROP\2\VRDLock4133840805051614923.tmp /c:mpeg /v:mpeg2video
There are currently no queued jobs to save.
qsfix failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\Tools\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.02.03.Outside the Lines.mpg" "C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.02.03.Outside the Lines.mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Trash\MICHAE~1.ROP\2\VRDLock4133840805051614923.tmp /c:mpeg /v:mpeg2video
C:\Tools\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs(101, 1) (null): The remote procedure call failed.

(The "stopped working" dialog is the same as above.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't had any issues using kmttg before today (when I installed VRD for the first time). I will sometimes get different errors trying to accomplish the same job of decrypt and QS Fix (The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable: 'VideoReDo.OutputPercentComplete).

Any help very much appreciated!
osoviejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #6417
moyekj

Quote:
Thanks - I appreciate your help!

That was more or less what I was expecting to do. Could I select a block of several hours of recordings to move them from Tivo1->Tivo2, start the process, and then immediately change the destination, select another block of recordings to move from Tivo2->Tivo1 all in the same session. Or does the destination get written to a file that gets read before each push?

The reason I'm asking this is that I've got a Tivo with 1TB of data and another with 3TB. The small capacity Roamio is connected to the cable company, and the other is OTA. I'm trying to use the large one as a server for time shifting shows that I'm not able to watch right away. With the Olympics coming up I'm trying to create as much space as possible on the smaller one. So you can see it is not an earth-shattering need, but it would be nice.
Quote:
No. The pushes don't happen until download completes and as it is right now at the time the push happens the global setting is consulted. I could probably change that behavior to be like "encode" task which remembers individual encoding name selections at the time you started the job (and shows what they are in OUTPUT column of job monitor), but that's not how it is right now for pushes.

Actually after a quick look at the code the pyTivo destination host IS stored with the task at time of submission, so you should be able to do exactly what you planned - start the 1st batch, switch the destination host in config, then start 2nd batch. No need for 2 separate kmttg sessions. It's been so long since I looked at that code I forgot it was that way.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #6418
lpwcomp

Quote:
Actually after a quick look at the code the pyTivo destination host IS stored with the task at time of submission, so you should be able to do exactly what you planned - start the 1st batch, switch the destination host in config, then start 2nd batch. No need for 2 separate kmttg sessions. It's been so long since I looked at that code I forgot it was that way.
I was gonna say... The mod I made would never have worked otherwise.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #6419
moyekj

osoviejo, open up the VRD GUI and run a QS Fix on C:\Documents\My Tivo Recordings.Transferred\2014.01.20.Sound FX.TiVo manually to confirm things work that way. It would seem from those error messages that VRD is crashing. If that works then try it again via kmttg.

Note that VRD doesn't like multiple resolutions in a file, so you should also turn on "Enable VideoRedo QS Fix video dimension filter" in kmttg config-VideoRedo tab which may fix the problem if VRD is indeed crashing.

Last edited by moyekj : 02-05-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:32 AM   #6420
osoviejo

Thanks moyekj. It's definitely VRD that is crashing. It happens within moments (1st frame), and the dialog info is the same as above. I tried running it standalone with the dimension filter applied, and also through kmttg with the filter applied. All results are the same.
osoviejo is offline   Reply With Quote