TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-04-2014, 11:27 PM   #1
mdscott

Recordings labeled "Manual: xxxx"

Our Roamio Plus regularly records programs which are shown as "Manual:" followed by a title. Currently recording is "Manual: Dorian Grey". We have no ideas what causes this. Is this a new TiVo feature to create "super" suggestions?
Old 02-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #2
moyekj

You must have repeat Manual recordings setup. Check your Season Passes page. All recordings setup as Manual will get that prefix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

I haven't seen it myself, but I think some folks have reported that the "extra" recordings made due to lots of extra padding made to a SP show (a bug that started a couple of months ago) are labeled "Manual". Could this be it?
Old 02-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #4
mattack

Yes, there's a bug in a recent update, where (IIRC), if you add padding to a recording in the To Do list, then you will often (??) have the ORIGINAL airing actually NOT padded properly, but get another 'manual' recording happen with the new padding.

Though I ran into it the other day again and I think both had padding.. I am 99% positive I've seen it where the 'named' recording doesn't get padding but the manual one does.. which of course makes it slightly a pain, PLUS it takes up another tuner..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
wtherrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Yes, there's a bug in a recent update, where (IIRC), if you add padding to a recording in the To Do list, then you will often (??) have the ORIGINAL airing actually NOT padded properly, but get another 'manual' recording happen with the new padding.

Though I ran into it the other day again and I think both had padding.. I am 99% positive I've seen it where the 'named' recording doesn't get padding but the manual one does.. which of course makes it slightly a pain, PLUS it takes up another tuner..
True, this.
wtherrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
mdscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post

Thanks all