TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Michael S

Psych to end this season

The finale will air March 26. A little bummed about this one still one of few USA network show I still enjoy.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
Michael S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Interesting . . . the wife and I were just remarking that Psych had begun to "fall off" qualitywise.
tiassa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
ADG
Allan

Yeah, very self-indulgent lately. Not sorry to see it go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

I am surprised, considering it's not hurting in the ratings, and USA doesn't have a lot of shows left, after bombing on a few lately.

I guess the writers/actors just wanted to end it. 8 years was a good run.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Strange, I thought we knew this ages ago...
Old 02-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
mr.unnatural

Psych is one of those shows that have me scratching my head and wondering why I've stuck with it all these years. The main characters are just plain silly. It's harmless fun that does make me chuckle from time to time, which is probably why I still watch it. It was fun for a while but I can't say I'm sorry to see it go. It's been on much longer than it should have been. It's been pretty much the same old schtick for almost 8 years and it's getting a bit tired.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
jasrub

I've always loved the 80's references, and of course, the names Shawn gives Gus.
jasrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
cheesesteak
Meh.

I finally gave up on Psych two episodes ago. The show has always been ridiculous and stupid but the new police chief's idiocy totally turned me off this year. Even Shawn seemed dopier this season if that's even possible.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #9
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I finally gave up on Psych two episodes ago. The show has always been ridiculous and stupid but the new police chief's idiocy totally turned me off this year. Even Shawn seemed dopier this season if that's even possible.
Spoilers just in case

Spoiler:

The new police chief is gone. And about time too!!!

verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #10
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Does this mean The Mentalist "won"? They should have Patrick Jane in the finale. They'd never get away with it though.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #11
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I believe he was just the interim chief.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.unnatural View Post
I believe he was just the interim chief.
And he wasn't on the show very long.

it just seemed like forever.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #13
cheesesteak
Meh.

Ok, maybe I'll dvr the finale and one or two episodes before.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:17 AM   #14
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

I think the finale was a pretty good ending. The case was perfunctory, but it did provide a nice framework for wrapping things up. And everyone got their chance to shine a bit as who they are (even if Dad's was a little forced). I was particularly happy to see McNabb finally get a moment.

And did you notice the comments about how the police in San Francisco already had a consultant who was better than Sean, and who was currently alphabetizing the pantry? I wish they'd been able to get Tony Shalhoub for a little cameo for that.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #15
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post
I think the finale was a pretty good ending. The case was perfunctory, but it did provide a nice framework for wrapping things up. And everyone got their chance to shine a bit as who they are (even if Dad's was a little forced). I was particularly happy to see McNabb finally get a moment.

And did you notice the comments about how the police in San Francisco already had a consultant who was better than Sean, and who was currently alphabetizing the pantry? I wish they'd been able to get Tony Shalhoub for a little cameo for that.
Agreed, showed that things changed, but life goes on and the adventure continues.

At first I thought it was going to be the guy that played the Mentalist, but then alphabetizing the pantry clued me into Monk. Would have been great to show him.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:19 PM   #16
type_g

Love that Gus new boos was BUD from Cosby Show that everyone though GUS was.... haha loved those scenes with Gus and BUD!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #17
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Off to see what perfunctory means.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #18
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
At first I thought it was going to be the guy that played the Mentalist, but then alphabetizing the pantry clued me into Monk. Would have been great to show him.
MAde sense as Monk and Psych are both USA network shows (and weren't they on back to back for a while?)
tiassa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #19
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Does the Mentalist guy work in San Francisco too? I never watched it. Psych did a little dig on the Mentalist a few seasons ago, so it would have been pretty appropriate to tease with that, too, but the USA network connection makes a better reason for a Monk allusion.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #20
Test

Quote:
Does the Mentalist guy work in San Francisco too? I never watched it. Psych did a little dig on the Mentalist a few seasons ago, so it would have been pretty appropriate to tease with that, too, but the USA network connection makes a better reason for a Monk allusion.
Never watched, only know from the dig in Psych.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #21
teknikel

Quote:
The Mentalist takes place mainly in Sacramento. They go to SF every so often. They are CA's version of the FBI so they travel every now and then.

teknikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #22
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikel View Post
The Mentalist takes place mainly in Sacramento. They go to SF every so often. They are CA's version of the FBI so they travel every now and then.
Actually, it now "takes place" in Austin, Texas (it's always been shot in LA). And they're now the USA's version of the FBI (i.e., the FBI), so they still travel.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #23
Odds Bodkins
Doug's Dad

Gonna miss this show. It was probably time to go but it was such a great way to spend 60 minutes a week. I'm going to miss their version of Santa Barbara most of all.
Odds Bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote