TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
marklyn

G4HD channel - can you get it?

As far as I can tell, I'm getting all the channels I'm supposed to in my package except G4HD. TW Austin said I am supposed to be getting the channel but when I tune to it I get the Tivo message saying "Channel not provided by the Tuning Adapter. Please contact your cable provider..."
When I use a mini to tune to it, I get "Searching for a signal on this channel. (V52) Press Select for help.

I've already run through a litany of diagnostics with TWC on the phone, rebooting all devices, unhooking usb/power on TA, and even today a replacement of the Tuning Adapter. TW Cable guy also replaced ends on coax, tested line inside house, outside house to box, he says all signals are good. (oddly enough he did state that my db levels were +7 but tuning adapter always shows them -6 or -5) He also admitted he wasn't familiar with the TA's and Tivos (why did they send HIM out then?!)

Still, no go for G4HD. The TWC cable card people re-verified my account, sent new signals down, etc. and even verified that if I can get other channels in the same tier (which I could) then they have no idea why I'm not getting G4HD.
The last suggestion from the TWC Cablecard folks was to contact Tivo and see if there is "something going on there". Hmmm.

If anyone reading this is on Time Warner, can you get G4HD if it's in your package?

2nd question. Anyone have any suggestions?

I can live without G4HD but if I'm supposed to get it, then demmit, I want it
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
shupp872

Sorry

Sorry to fill you in, but I believe that G4 (as we know it) is no longer on the air.

I got a message several weeks ago that the channel was removed from my channel line up (On Comcast).

I also remember seeing the "final goodbye" episodes of Attack of the Show and X games.

I think the channel was being taken over or converted to Esquire.
shupp872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:57 PM   #3
tim1724

Quote:
Originally Posted by shupp872 View Post
Sorry to fill you in, but I believe that G4 (as we know it) is no longer on the air.

I got a message several weeks ago that the channel was removed from my channel line up (On Comcast).

I also remember seeing the "final goodbye" episodes of Attack of the Show and X games.

I think the channel was being taken over or converted to Esquire.
Actually they changed their minds in September and instead decided to convert the Style channel to Esquire Network instead. No actual end date for G4 has been announced at this point, although it's expected to come soon. The channel has been running nothing but re-runs for months and most cable companies have stopped carrying it.

It's a pretty bad sign when Comcast (which OWNS G4) dropped the channel last month.

According to wikipedia, Time Warner and Bright House dropped it in September, Verizon and CableVision stopped carrying it in October, Dish Network dropped it in November, and both Charter and Cox dropped it in December. So pretty much nobody has it anymore. (DirecTV hadn't aired the channel since 2010!)
Old 02-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
marklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1724 View Post
Actually they changed their minds in September and instead decided to convert the Style channel to Esquire Network instead. No actual end date for G4 has been announced at this point, although it's expected to come soon. The channel has been running nothing but re-runs for months and most cable companies have stopped carrying it.

It's a pretty bad sign when Comcast (which OWNS G4) dropped the channel last month.

According to wikipedia, Time Warner and Bright House dropped it in September, Verizon and CableVision stopped carrying it in October, Dish Network dropped it in November, and both Charter and Cox dropped it in December. So pretty much nobody has it anymore. (DirecTV hadn't aired the channel since 2010!)
Well hell, you mean I've been going through all these gyrations with TW and they don't even know this channel doesn't exist on their system anymore??!!
That's beyond insane.
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote