TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 204 votes, 4.99 average.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #931
GriffithStrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Executive relations at the regional office in Houston called me after I emailed. She had no clue about any firmware update or how it could be done. She did say she would research the issue and call me back. Whether she will or not is anyones guess.
Andy pm me your cable card and I will sent to my contact.
GriffithStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #932
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffithStrife View Post
Andy pm me your cable card and I will sent to my contact.
Done
Old 02-05-2014, 02:41 PM   #933
sketchr

Well, my answer was a little different. Received a call today after my email last night. She responded that the upgrade was scheduled to go out late February early March for my area (I'm in the twin cities, MN) and that individual pushes could not be done.
sketchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #934
GriffithStrife

She is a liar other members here from your area received updates.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #935
GriffithStrife

Quote:
Done

I think Andy is gonna wanna take me on date after today lmao.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #936
hornmustang

GriffithStrife - Any chance you can share your Comcast contact with the rest of us? I just get the runaround, as documented earlier in this thread, by going through Comcast in my area.
hornmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #937
GriffithStrife

I can forward info but from what I have been told he can only help if your in Houston. He asked me not to give his info, but I am welcome to send requests.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #938
andyf

Quote:
Wow! My CableCard just updated. Am now on 1.5.3_F.p.1101.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #939
sketchr

Quote:
I can forward info but from what I have been told he can only help if your in Houston. He asked me not to give his info, but I am welcome to send requests.
Is his name Jonathan?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #940
GriffithStrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchr View Post
Is his name Jonathan?
No I would say if it was but no I would give you his info but he said not to I apologize.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #941
PaperFriend

Quote:
No I would say if it was but no I would give you his info but he said not to I apologize.
I am also from Houston and I would appreciate it if you could help me out also. I sent you by cable card serial number.
PaperFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #942
PaperFriend

Quote:
Executive relations at the regional office in Houston called me after I emailed. She had no clue about any firmware update or how it could be done. She did say she would research the issue and call me back. Whether she will or not is anyones guess.
Same here...
Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #943
sketchr

So...after being told by a comcast rep this morning the update wouldn't occur until late Feb early March-and that software could not be individually pushed to cards-, I came home to an updated cable card. PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101. Awesome.

Hopefully everyone elses will follow. Everyone should email comcast. Lots of people read it as I received many read receipts this afternoon. One of them must have taken action
Old 02-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #944
PaperFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchr View Post
So...after being told by a comcast rep this morning the update wouldn't occur until late Feb early March-and that software could not be individually pushed to cards-, I came home to an updated cable card. PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101. Awesome.

Hopefully everyone elses will follow. Everyone should email comcast. Lots of people read it as I received many read receipts this afternoon. One of them must have taken action
I am just not having any luck! I emailed again today and included my serial number to my cablecard. Excutive Customer service said she had to research it more. That was over 1 week ago.

Last edited by PaperFriend : 02-05-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #945
AdamNJ

Quote:
Quote:
Wow! My CableCard just updated. Am now on 1.5.3_F.p.1101.
So when is the big date?

Congrats on finally getting the good firmware Andy, it only took 5 months!

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #946
GriffithStrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNJ View Post
So when is the big date?

Congrats on finally getting the good firmware Andy, it only took 5 months!
I said hooters Andy said la bears I said I am out, lol if you dont know what la bears is don't google it.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #947
PaperFriend

Executive Customer care rep just called out of the blue. I spoke with her before and she said she would check into it for me. She spoke to a regional cablecard department and was able to immediately push the new update to my cable card. No more errors and everything working now! I am in the Houston market BTW.

Last edited by PaperFriend : 02-06-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #948
andyf

I'm glad Houstonians are getting updated. GriffithStrife helped me, I am so grateful.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #949
speedy2
TivoAddict

Got the Update!

So after contacting Comcast 2 days ago about getting the cable card update it finally arrived today and it fixed my issue. Yay!
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #950
GriffithStrife

From what I have been told anywhere you live can get the update it's all about getting the right guy. And being a huge pain in his ass.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #951
PaperFriend

It is nice to be able to finally get my Roamio Pro to work like it was supposed to in the first place. I got rid of two XL4's and I was not happy about the V58 errors and missed recordings.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:16 AM   #952
astrohip
Stuart F

Fellow Houston people--I am unclear on what you are trying to get fixed with the cc update. Is it:

1) You can't use all six tuners at one time

2) The V53 errors where randomly a show won't record

3) something else

I have all six tuners working, and have recorded six shows at once. But I get the dreaded and random V53 3-4 times a week. I was under the impression Houston Comcast didn't have the six tuner cc problem. Just an occasional missed recording problem.

Thanks.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #953
andyf

Primarily the V58 Not Authorized message when occasionally tuning to a channel. This was worked around by reducing the number of tuners to 5 (or 4 for some people). I used to get the V53 errors (very rarely) also, although since the last update I just get the black screen without an error message. (maybe because TiVo is attempting retries).

Since the CC update I've not had any of these errors and am back to using 6 tuners.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #954
GriffithStrife

Quote:
Primarily the V58 Not Authorized message when occasionally tuning to a channel. This was worked around by reducing the number of tuners to 5 (or 4 for some people). I used to get the V53 errors (very rarely) also, although since the last update I just get the black screen without an error message. (maybe because TiVo is attempting retries).

Since the CC update I've not had any of these errors and am back to using 6 tuners.
Andy did you have any other minor problems that seem to be fixed now? Before the card update I would have audio dropouts changing the channel would solve it, I would also have weird errors about a show not being in guide. These problems seem to be gone now too, curies if it's a fluke or the CC update.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #955
gcondrey

In Memphis Comcast market. I was having numerous issues, channels not available, channels not authorized, tuner 6 not working etc. Problem had been going on for 2 months. Tivo had replaced my box under warranty. I had been through 7 (yes seven) Cisco cable cards. After I escalated through Comcast Cares, today I think finally my issues have been resolved. Combination of things. They replaced some old crimp F connectors with now standard compression type, found signal interference outside the house from AT&T Uverse in the neighboor hood, installed the 8th cable card, and pushed the 'PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101' firmware to the SA/Cisco cable card. YEA! All channels now appear rock solid on all 6 tuners. You just have to get to the right people. Entry level techs just don't have that kind of troubleshooting skills. My tech today, his supervisor, the head end guy, and the tech that found the neighbor hood interference have restored some faith in Comcast. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I think they got it!
gcondrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #956
andyf

Quote:
Andy did you have any other minor problems that seem to be fixed now? Before the card update I would have audio dropouts changing the channel would solve it, I would also have weird errors about a show not being in guide. These problems seem to be gone now too, curies if it's a fluke or the CC update.
I have short dropouts from time to time which causes some short pixellation. But I see them on my XL4 also so I assume it was the cable signal from Comcast glitching. I don't think I've seen them since but I'm so used to them I might have had them and not noticed.

The show not being in the guide is a bug which is resolved in the next update, it happens with back to back recordings. I've only seen this once.

Last edited by andyf : 02-08-2014 at 04:14 PM.
andyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #957
HDRyder9

Just to be clear, Cisco is the primary culprit here. Comcast is close behind by making it difficult to get new cable card firmware. The lack of tuners is remedied by the Cisco firmware level 1.5.3_F.p.1101. Good luck, all.
HDRyder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #958
jwbelcher

Quote:
I have short dropouts from time to time which causes some short pixellation. But I see them on my XL4 also so I assume it was the cable signal from Comcast glitching. I don't think I've seen them since but I'm so used to them I might have had them and not noticed.

The show not being in the guide is a bug which is resolved in the next update, it happens with back to back recordings. I've only seen this once.
I have something similar, but not Comcast though. I've been seeing hourly freezing / pixelation on both my Tivos and the cable box.

Over the past two months I've been chasing a weird one. It seems to be specific to single channel, but when it occurs, it happens across all three of my boxes; a Scientific Atlanta, a TivoHD and a Roamio. The Roamio is the only one smart enough to show an authorization error (v58) and the only real commonality across the three boxes is the signal and cablecard.

Anyway, after a truck roll on Monday, the tech mentioned it maybe a programming issue coming from the hub or the feed. It got me thinking to ask several of my colleges to see if they experience this too. It was incredible, they also experienced it at the exact same time. The crazier part? We're all scattered across central Florida and all rent different brands of cable boxes.

So you may not be far off thinking it was a Comcast signal glitch. However, in my experience, its been pretty hard getting anyone to believe me on it. At this point, I'm starting to hope 1.5.3_F.p.1101 resolves the issue once it starts rolling out around here...
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #959
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. Oddly, I never get V58. Ever. And all six work all the time. Until I check my History, and see I missed a recording due to V53.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #960
mwacosta

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Thanks for the reply. Oddly, I never get V58. Ever. And all six work all the time. Until I check my History, and see I missed a recording due to V53.
I live in Houston and my experience is much like yours. All six of my tuners work. I think I got a V58 error a couple of times, but it's very rare. The biggest problem is the missed recordings, up to 4 to 5 per week.

I contacted Comcast a couple of days ago thru comcastcares_support@comcast.com, got a callback the next day, and had updated firmware within a few hours. It's only been a couple of days, but so far I've had no problems.
mwacosta is offline   Reply With Quote