TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-28-2014, 12:23 AM   #61
CloudAtlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The only problem is that it defaults to the Netflix suggestions. I never even knew that was an option. But I don't mind the Netflix suggestions anyway. I've found a bunch of movies from their suggestions that I otherwise would not have watched so it works well for me.
Actually Netflix Suggest for MyList only reorders the titles you choose it does not add any. So if a popular title is at the end of your list it will move it to the front where you are more likely to notice and watch it.

This is the best option for those who'd rather not spend time manually ordering their list such as myself. Options are great I just wish TiVo did more of this!

Order in My List
  • Netflix Suggests
    Titles suggested for you will be promoted to the top of My List.
  • Manual Ordering
    Order titles in My List by hand rather than getting suggestions.

CloudAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #62
aaronwt
HD Addict

So it's not the same as the suggestions on the webpage? If it just recorders the list then I don't see the point.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #63
rainwater

Quote:
So it's not the same as the suggestions on the webpage? If it just recorders the list then I don't see the point.
It uses their own algorithm to order the list. They are trying to get away from users having to re-order their list since most users didn't like having to go to the website to order their list.

http://blog.netflix.com/2013/08/intr...m-netflix.html
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #64
skisquash

So, where is the search bar? Interface is terrible.

Who in the world is doing their user experience design??

Loading may be smoother without glitches, but it certainly is not looking like 1080p.
skisquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #65
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisquash View Post
So, where is the search bar? Interface is terrible.
Just hit up from the top to see the search.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #66
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
It uses their own algorithm to order the list. They are trying to get away from users having to re-order their list since most users didn't like having to go to the website to order their list.

http://blog.netflix.com/2013/08/intr...m-netflix.html
I'd rather re-order mine only. When I add a title I typical place it in a certain position on the list
Old 01-29-2014, 07:58 AM   #67
bbrown9

Quote:
I'd rather re-order mine only. When I add a title I typical place it in a certain position on the list
Same here. When I put something on the list, I usually know if it's something I want to watch right away or later on. And if I'm in the middle of watching a TV series, I want it at the beginning of my list - I don't want to have to look for it.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #68
moyekj

I hadn't used Netflix on my Roamio for a while but did yesterday. One VERY annoying thing is that "My List" is now the very last horizontal strip being shown. I have to scroll down through a bunch of suggestions based on what was recently watched to get to the bottom - like 20 strips down or so. Used to be that "My List" was the very top strip. Was this a recent change? Any way to change order so that "My List" is at very top again?
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #69
Number528

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Any way to change order so that "My List" is at very top again?
You could go up. I don't know about changing the order.
Number528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #70
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number528 View Post
You could go up. I don't know about changing the order.
I didn't realize the strips wrapped around from top to bottom. Yes going up 2 is a much better option, thanks for that. Still don't understand why "My List" isn't the default like it used to be though...
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #71
rainwater

Quote:
I didn't realize the strips wrapped around from top to bottom. Yes going up 2 is a much better option, thanks for that. Still don't understand why "My List" isn't the default like it used to be though...
It is still at the top for me. It is likely just a temporary glitch on your account. For years, I've seen my queue/list randomly appear/disappear/move on different Netflix clients. It is not that unusual.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #72
leiff

Does tivo roamio netflix support 3d? I just got my 3d panny vt65 plasma. Using tivo hdmi directly out of roamio basic into TV netflix won't do 3d. Using TV netflix app 3d works. Both are hardiwred ethernet.
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #73
bbrown9

Quote:
I hadn't used Netflix on my Roamio for a while but did yesterday. One VERY annoying thing is that "My List" is now the very last horizontal strip being shown. I have to scroll down through a bunch of suggestions based on what was recently watched to get to the bottom - like 20 strips down or so. Used to be that "My List" was the very top strip. Was this a recent change? Any way to change order so that "My List" is at very top again?
I just complained to netflix through their live chat about this exact thing. Why on earth would they think that moving "My List" around is a good idea? I asked for a way to specify that it's always on top and the person I was chatting with said they put that suggestion through to their engineering team. Hopefully they'll do it. I don't know how good their response is to customer requests.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #74
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
It is still at the top for me. It is likely just a temporary glitch on your account. For years, I've seen my queue/list randomly appear/disappear/move on different Netflix clients. It is not that unusual.
The tech at Netflix have never seen this user list not be the first list you see, I spent time on the phone with Netflix before I knew 2 clicks up and I had my list, Netflix is working on this but if other call in it would help as I was the first person and only person to report this problem, right !!

Old 02-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #75
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
Does tivo roamio netflix support 3d? I just got my 3d panny vt65 plasma. Using tivo hdmi directly out of roamio basic into TV netflix won't do 3d. Using TV netflix app 3d works. Both are hardiwred ethernet.
The 3D Netflix titles do not show up on the TiVos.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #76
leiff

so for 3d titles I have to use my TVs Netflix app instead of my tivo. dissapointing
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:29 AM   #77
grinchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorgregster View Post
"Smaller 40" - my how things have changed. It is OK on my 40" too but anything smaller (e.g. small bedroom TV) and text becomes very difficult to read whereas before it was easy. Everyone doesn't have giant TVs.
Exactly! It is impossible to read the tiny episode descriptions on a smaller TV. That and the automatic PIP during credits drive me crazy about the latest version. They need a way to let us personalize these settings.
grinchers is offline   Reply With Quote