Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #31
TiVoJimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcarr View Post
Great.

But can you use the tivo.com Pass Manager to reorder them once they're copied to the Roamio? Or is it easier/better to do that from the iOS app?
It is better on the app or on the TiVo itself. The website is only good for doing a massive copy or delete of SPs
TiVoJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:06 PM   #32
worachj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcarr View Post
Speaking of transferring things to new Roamios...
I used KMTTG to transfer my Season Passes and Wishlist to my new TiVo and its free.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmttg/
Old 02-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #33
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yep, another vote for KMTTG. It will save a ton of work.
David Platt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #34
snoopdogg1

My season pass requests transferred seamlessly via the TiVo website. Can somebody explain what KMTTG does? From what I read, it looks like it can transfer shows from TiVo to mobile devices and computers, but Roamio does that now, right? Would KMTTG help me get around the Time Warner Cable restrictions on downloading/streaming shows onto my iPad, and from Tivo box to Tivo box? It's frustrating to not be able to transfer a show I legally recorded on my HDXL onto my new Roamio!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
Yep, another vote for KMTTG. It will save a ton of work.

HDXL
Series 2 (dead)
snoopdogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #35
lynn02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Yes.

1) hook Roamio & Series 2 up to the same network.. both have to be subscribed and have the same MAK (i.e. Tivo knows they're on the same account)
2) on Roamio, 'go into' the Series 2, which will be at the bottom of Now Playing
3) for EACH SHOW, you enter it and 'transfer this recording'.

Depending on how many shows you have, it's VERY tedious.

Seriously, it may be easier to transfer them to a COMPUTER with kmttg, then one by one (as you watch them) to the other Tivo by running pyTivo on the computer..
I must not have something set up right. I don't see the Series 2 at the bottom of my Now Playing. How do you make sure they are both on the same network?
lynn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #36

I'm having some weird problems.

I have my new Roamio, and it's been activated by TiVo but doesn't have a cable card or cable connection yet.

I tried to use the online season pass manager to transfer my shows, but it doesn't seem to be taking. When I go and look at my season passes on the TiVo, I get this message...

Quote:
Getting Channel Information
The DVR is currently getting updated information about your channels. This will take a few minutes. (S111)
It's been displaying this message for about 12 hours now. Restarting the TiVo and forcing a new connection did nothing.

Also, while it does let me transfer shows from my Roamio, it goes ridiculously slow and will only let me do one at a time. An hour long show is taking about 2 hours to transfer, and while it's transferring, it won't let me select another show to transfer. I push over to select the transfer option and it just hangs up and does nothing. Eventually I can back out of the screen, but my choice does not stick.

I'm guessing that this is because it's hung up on transferring the season passes. Because when I look at the To Do list it gives me the same error message as I get when I look at the Season Pass Manager.
ort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #37

Just to follow up, the season passes did eventually come through, it just took about 2 days.

Also, turning off wifi and hard wiring my Roamio and Premiere into my network solved the transfer speed problem. Having one hard wired and the other not was really screwing things up. It was also killing my wifi speeds in the house, which was pretty weird, but I'm 100% certain that's what was doing it.

Which is weird because in the past my Premiere was wireless and my TiVo HD was wired and show transfers were always fine.

Eh, whatever, it works now.
ort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #38
Hot4Bo
Finally an Avatar!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I had no idea I could transfer my season passes to my new Roamio! That's awesome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hot4Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #39
mpnret

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
Transfers between Premiers and Roamios are VERY fast.
Anybody have a feel for how fast? I am currently experiencing about 40 minutes for a 30 minute show. Transferring from a XL4 on a wireless adapter to a wired Roamio Pro. If anyone is experiencing significantly faster times I could temporarily hard wire the XL4. If not I will just continue as is.
mpnret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #40
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpnret View Post
Anybody have a feel for how fast? I am currently experiencing about 40 minutes for a 30 minute show. Transferring from a XL4 on a wireless adapter to a wired Roamio Pro. If anyone is experiencing significantly faster times I could temporarily hard wire the XL4. If not I will just continue as is.
I've transferred only one show from my Premiere to my new Roamio (basic) so far, using a wired connection. I believe the one-hour high-def show (6GB) transferred in about 22 to 25 minutes. (I didn't notice exactly.)
L David Matheny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:32 AM   #41
mpnret

OK, answered my own question It was taking about 40 minutes to transfer a 30 minute show from XL4(wireless) to Roamio (wired). I wired the XL4 and it's now down to about 5 minutes for a 30 minute show.
mpnret is offline   Reply With Quote