TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-25-2014, 11:05 PM   #6361
moyekj

What's supposed to be happening is when you close kmttg it writes c:\Users\<YourLogin>\.kmttg_settings file which saves various GUI related things including TiVo name after <tab> line which is the TiVo tab to open to. Perhaps you should just delete that file as maybe something got corrupted. Then try closing and opening kmttg again. If kmttg is having trouble writing the file at that location that could be the problem.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #6362
Etupes

Excellent! That did the trick. I found the file, deleted it and that fixed the problem. Thank you very much for your help. I LOVE this program!
Etupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #6363
moyekj

v1p0m version released

New version just released with quite a few enhancements and fixes.

Relevant to series 4 and later units there's now a Use RPC to get NPL when possible config option under Program Options which when enabled gets NPL in 1 shot rather than the usual 2 step process.

Consult release_notes Wiki for all the details.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:25 PM   #6364
elprice7345

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
It's supposed to open on same tab as you last closed kmttg on.
moyekj - any chance you can save the sort order in these settings?
Old 01-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #6365
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
moyekj - any chance you can save the sort order in these settings?
Haven't figured out how using JXTable that is Java 1.5 compatible.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #6366
dougblair

Quote:
New version just released with quite a few enhancements and fixes.

Relevant to series 4 and later units there's now a Use RPC to get NPL when possible config option under Program Options which when enabled gets NPL in 1 shot rather than the usual 2 step process.
Just installed vlp0m (on a MiniMac server, against my Roamio) and LOVE it! THANK YOU as usual :-)

I have noticed one small issue. When the Use RPC to get NPL is on kmttg attempts to download a program before it has finished recording. It makes several attempts to download, each one resulting in a 403 error, before it gives up. This repeats with each iteration of the NPL until the program has finished recording. After that, the download and all the other steps complete normally.

Not a serious bug. Anyone else seen this?

Doug
dougblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #6367
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougblair View Post
Just installed vlp0m (on a MiniMac server, against my Roamio) and LOVE it! THANK YOU as usual :-)

I have noticed one small issue. When the Use RPC to get NPL is on kmttg attempts to download a program before it has finished recording. It makes several attempts to download, each one resulting in a 403 error, before it gives up. This repeats with each iteration of the NPL until the program has finished recording. After that, the download and all the other steps complete normally.

Not a serious bug. Anyone else seen this?

Doug
Good catch. I've fixed that for next release.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #6368
rocket777

export - nice new feature

I love the new todo list export into .csv format (perfect for excel).

I cobbled together an excel spreadsheet to sort and scan an exported todo list looking for overlapping recordings on the same channel when extra time is added for shows in a season pass. These sometimes cause problems on my roamio. To be safe, I now scan for these and then adjust the extra record time in kmttg.

This excel sheet can handle about 400 entries max (to fit in a zip upload). Note, this sheet has vbs macros that will need to be enabled for it to work.
Attached Images
File Type: gif screenshot.gif (105.5 KB, 23 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip overlap09.zip (91.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by rocket777 : 02-03-2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: modified to work with new .csv export format
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #6369
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthom1704 View Post
Is there any way to see what's going on with the mind.tivo.com server? My pushes seem to be going through, no errors. But nothing gets sent to the tivo.

Thanks
Quote:
Not that I'm aware of. pyTivo has never added that functionality AFAIK which is why I added it in kmttg for a while (until it stopped working). Quick thing to check is if you are pushing to a machine that is part of a TiVo beta then you need to use alternate TiVo push server in pyTivo server, or vice versa if you are setup for staging server vs production server.
Last couple of days pushes haven't been going through for me either, so I looked into finding alternate ways to list pending pushes and found a "downloadSearch" RPC function which has the information needed. My guess is it should also cover Amazon and other types of internet downloads as well, but I'm focused on pyTivo pushes for now. I'm looking into making use of it for next release.
Checking my last couple of pushes they just sit on the Mind server with state="scheduled" but never seem to get pushed through. I also see older pushes that didn't work with following properties (among others):
Code:
         "state": "cancelled",
         "cancellationSource": "mind",
         "cancellationReason": "maxRetriesExceeded"

Last edited by moyekj : 01-28-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:41 AM   #6370
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Pushes worked for me and Roamio, just tried it.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:06 AM   #6371
mattack

Quote:
I know you say that the series ID is missing with this method... But I also see that the episode number is missing for _some_ shows. (Independent Lens is the one example I see for sure at the moment.) Other shows do have episode numbers.

Is series ID and episode # somehow related, or is this maybe an issue that can be fixed?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:13 AM   #6372
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Is series ID and episode # somehow related, or is this maybe an issue that can be fixed?
No, there's no relation. The RPC data does not have series ID data period, for any episodic show.

For shows that are missing episode information using RPC check the HDUI on the TiVo - I think you will find the information is missing there as I think it's using the same data source. So far NPL episode information has been pretty complete for me using RPC, but I do notice sometimes ToDo list doesn't always have episode information available.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #6373
dougblair

As long as you're looking at the RPC for NPL code, I have also noticed that some shows appear to be listed multiple times. This seems to happen if (for example) a show matches a season pass and multiple wish lists. Got one Batman movie showing up as three recordings because it is action-adventure, Batman and has George Clooney in it. My Roamio is relatively new, and I'm not yet used to recording six shows at once, so I am not sure if it actually making three recordings or just listing the same one three times in the NPL feed.... but perhaps some uniqueness can be applied to this?

keep it up!
dougblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #6374
lwilson87

I am having a problem with v1p0m that could be user error/configuration but, I think it is a bug. With the new qsfix directory, the series folder is not being created for the output file. So, the qsfix file is created in the root directory (e.g., c:\temp and not c:\temp\series). The qsfix step completes but, all other steps fail due to not finding the expected file in the series folder. Reverting back to v1p0l resolves the issue.
lwilson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:54 PM   #6375
moyekj

Quote:
As long as you're looking at the RPC for NPL code, I have also noticed that some shows appear to be listed multiple times. This seems to happen if (for example) a show matches a season pass and multiple wish lists. Got one Batman movie showing up as three recordings because it is action-adventure, Batman and has George Clooney in it. My Roamio is relatively new, and I'm not yet used to recording six shows at once, so I am not sure if it actually making three recordings or just listing the same one three times in the NPL feed.... but perhaps some uniqueness can be applied to this?

keep it up!
The RPC data retrieval starts at top level and traverses into folders. I suspect what is happening is the same show being categorized into 2 or more folders on the TiVo. I'll have to try and find a way to retrieve NPL as a flat set of data instead of doing folder traversal which would avoid the problem. Short of that I'll have to check for uniqueness in code which would be messier.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #6376
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilson87 View Post
I am having a problem with v1p0m that could be user error/configuration but, I think it is a bug. With the new qsfix directory, the series folder is not being created for the output file. So, the qsfix file is created in the root directory (e.g., c:\temp and not c:\temp\series). The qsfix step completes but, all other steps fail due to not finding the expected file in the series folder. Reverting back to v1p0l resolves the issue.
Thanks for reporting. The qsfix dir was a request I wasn't too fond on implementing because of scenarios like this. I'll have to see if it's easy to fix else just pull that feature out again.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:27 PM   #6377
moyekj

Quote:

keep it up!
Quote:
The RPC data retrieval starts at top level and traverses into folders. I suspect what is happening is the same show being categorized into 2 or more folders on the TiVo. I'll have to try and find a way to retrieve NPL as a flat set of data instead of doing folder traversal which would avoid the problem. Short of that I'll have to check for uniqueness in code which would be messier.
After exploring a little I did indeed find a way to get a flat list instead of having to parse through folders. This will actually make things a lot cleaner and simpler and I think will avoid the problem you are seeing and should be part of next release. Given there's already several bug fixes I'm working on there will probably be a new release in next few days.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #6378
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilson87 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for reporting. The qsfix dir was a request I wasn't too fond on implementing because of scenarios like this. I'll have to see if it's easy to fix else just pull that feature out again.
This was a can of worms to try and deal with and it's too much work to try and get it working, so for next release I've already pulled the qsfix directory option.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #6379
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

I'm about to receive a Roamio pro and a mini to replace two premiere units. I plan on downloading kmttg to see if it will do the following for me.

1) transfer season passes from both premieres to the Roamio.
2) transfer select recordings from premieres to Roamio.
3) transfer wishlists.

Anything else I should do? Cam kmttg transfer my wishlists?
BlackBetty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #6380
moyekj

1) Yes.
2) Use MRV for that
3) Auto record wishlists will transfer along with season passes. Non auto record wishlists are not accessible by kmttg so won't transfer. (So if you like you can temporarily turn them into auto record wishlists before transferring season passes to get around that issue).

Old 01-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #6381
lwilson87

Quote:
This was a can of worms to try and deal with and it's too much work to try and get it working, so for next release I've already pulled the qsfix directory option.
Thanks for looking into it. I like the idea because I go back and forth between drives to improve I/O performance. Sounds like, not worth the work.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #6382
mattack

Quote:
No, there's no relation. The RPC data does not have series ID data period, for any episodic show.

For shows that are missing episode information using RPC check the HDUI on the TiVo - I think you will find the information is missing there as I think it's using the same data source. So far NPL episode information has been pretty complete for me using RPC, but I do notice sometimes ToDo list doesn't always have episode information available.
Well, when I WASN'T using the RPC data, I *was* getting the episode #s.

Do you mean you do a union of the 'first pass' (the http one?) and the second pass data? As I found out earlier by asking, some of the data, e.g. episode #, is often very different in the two passes.. (and the second pass is usually more correct).

Unfortunately I already deleted these eps off my Tivo, but they may be in the trash. I'll try to find other examples if possible. I may leave RPC off because of this, even though it seemed a LOT faster and I like even just the user interface aspect of it being one step. (I long ago almost thought of asking for the 'two steps' to be treated as one, even though I'd have to wait longer.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #6383
moyekj

Yup, 2 step is a union so benefits from 2 different database (local and middlemind.tivo) for data. However, from my experience local database is often deficient for episode information, so with just the traditional XML listings you'd see a lot of missing data if it weren't for that 2nd step. Now that I figured out how to get flat listings the RPC NPL will be faster still in next release.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #6384
Joe Siegler

Can kmttg be used to rename a show once it gets onto the TiVo? If it can't, is that kind of thing even possible?

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #6385
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Can kmttg be used to rename a show once it gets onto the TiVo? If it can't, is that kind of thing even possible?
The only thing you could do is transfer it to your computer, delete it from the TiVo, decrypt, rename it on the computer (including in the metadata, if present), and push or pull it back to the TiVo. There is no way to simply rename something on the TiVo.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #6386
moyekj

v1p0n version released

v1p0n version released with various bug fixes and pyTivo push file queue check feature added back in. Strongly recommend updating to this version because of the fixes.
Consult release_notes for all the details.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #6387
lwilson87

Confirmed, issue resolved with sub-folders. Thank you!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:59 PM   #6388
supersportsfan

Ok, so I made a mistake and I'm hoping there might be some way to save it...

I just upgraded my TiVo HD to a Roamio today. Reading on here, I saw you can transfer Season Passes with kmttg, so before I swapped service, I did the transfer. When I tried to import them, I got an error, and upon investigating, noticed that when you export, you have to choose .csv or .sp...of course, I didn't realize this and just did the default, .csv.

ANYWAY, is there a way I can possibly get this converted to import, or is it a lost cause, as the HD is now deactivated?
supersportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #6389
moyekj

Save is to save to season passes to .sp file that can be loaded at a later date to copy to other TiVos. Export is for saving to spreadsheet. The tooltips indicate as such. You can't import season passes from csv file.

You may be able to still use tivo.com to copy season passes though if HD has not been deactivated long.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #6390
elprice7345

I believe I've found a bug in v1p0n.

I can't delete shows from my NPL that were recorded using TiVo suggestions. Regularly recorded shows delete as expected.