TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-31-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
angeld

Mini Remote Controlling Roamio

I just got a mini today after getting a roamio a couple weeks ago. Both are in the same room connected to different tvs. I have changed the remote code on both the mini (code 3) and roamio (code 9) and the mini remote continues to control the roamio. Any ideas as to why its doing that?
angeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeld View Post
I just got a mini today after getting a roamio a couple weeks ago. Both are in the same room connected to different tvs. I have changed the remote code on both the mini (code 3) and roamio (code 9) and the mini remote continues to control the roamio. Any ideas as to why its doing that?
You need to change both what the Roamio/Mini respond to and what both remotes are sending. It sounds like either the Mini remote is still sending code 0 commands, which will be obeyed by all devices, or the Roamio is actually still code 0 instead of 9 (check the system info screen on the Roamio).

A remote sending code 0 will be responded to by all TiVos, a TiVo set to code 0 will be commanded by all IR remotes.

Remember that the standard Roamio remote is connected by RF and not IR, and therefore doing the tivo+pause - 9 setting on the Roamio remote does not actually send any IR signal to the TiVo (since it is using RF) and thus the Roamio's setting is not changed. Easiest way to get around this is to temporarily set the the Mini remote to code 9 and use it to change the Roamio to address 9, and then change the Mini remote back to code 3.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
angeld

thanks. I had both showing boxes showing the different codes in the settings but for some reason the mini still controlled the roamio. But I tried programming it again and now it works. Thanks again for your help
angeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
marklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
You need to change both what the Roamio/Mini respond to and what both remotes are sending. It sounds like either the Mini remote is still sending code 0 commands, which will be obeyed by all devices, or the Roamio is actually still code 0 instead of 9 (check the system info screen on the Roamio).

A remote sending code 0 will be responded to by all TiVos, a TiVo set to code 0 will be commanded by all IR remotes.

Remember that the standard Roamio remote is connected by RF and not IR, and therefore doing the tivo+pause - 9 setting on the Roamio remote does not actually send any IR signal to the TiVo (since it is using RF) and thus the Roamio's setting is not changed. Easiest way to get around this is to temporarily set the the Mini remote to code 9 and use it to change the Roamio to address 9, and then change the Mini remote back to code 3.
I'm seeing there are codes for IR but are there any codes for RF (two RF remotes in the same room)?
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
Zooks527

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post
I'm seeing there are codes for IR but are there any codes for RF (two RF remotes in the same room)?
There's a pairing function for the RF remote so that you can run 2 Roamios with RF remotes without interference. I remember seeing it in the documentation when I was doing the install.
Zooks527 is offline   Reply With Quote