TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-31-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
VegasVic
Craps Player

Justified - "Over the Mountain" - 1/28/14

Finally Raylan and Boyd share screen time. I like the interaction between the two.

Lots going on. This is an atypical season of sorts with no new big nemesis unless the Crowes from Florida count. Messer a (dead) informant. Dewey trying to kill him was great. Johnny back, working with Hot Rod. Art putting some pieces together in Detroit. Boyd and Carl find the stash of dead bodies. Paxton fooled into thinking Boyd is dead (how long can that last). No Duffy

I'm liking this season so far.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
philw1776

Just don't let Art's finding out about "Rayland's" complicity in the murder make the final season be about Raylan going over to his father's dark side.

What I want to see this season. Ava finally gets out. Finds out about Boyd's dalliance with the brunette babe doctor and a protracted slow motion scene where the two women wrestle each other in a rain soaked mud puddle. I guess I'm just a bad, bad person.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
VegasVic
Craps Player

I'd be down for that plot direction

Yeah I hope the whole Art thing plays out quickly. I guess they are giving him something to do but I like it better when he is behind is desk making smart ass comments to everyone.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
No Duffy ...
I need me some Wynn to make a Justified ep complete...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #5
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Boyd and Carl find the stash of dead bodies.
I don't think Boyd found them, per se. I believe he had them put there after the hit on his delivery. The question is what is he going to do with them?

At least that was my take on it. If I'm wrong I need to be corrected because I like understanding what is going on.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
I don't think Boyd found them, per se. I believe he had them put there after the hit on his delivery. The question is what is he going to do with them?

At least that was my take on it. If I'm wrong I need to be corrected because I like understanding what is going on.
That was my assumption, too....

XL4
Old 01-31-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
Dawghows

Quote:
Heads on spikes outside the bar.

Oh wait...maybe I'm confusing this with Game Of Thrones.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:28 PM   #8
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:

Yeah, it ties into Ava's getting arrested for "improper handling of a corpse", and the fact that Boyd beat the local funeral parlor owner within an inch of his life, so he would be less likely help Boyd get rid of the bodies.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
zalusky

So what do we think the story is behind the female guard who put the stop on the Ava rape.

Is she looking for a piece of Boyd's business?
Is she hot for Ava?
Is she being paid to watch over Ava by Boyd (Or somebody else)?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
So what do we think the story is behind the female guard who put the stop on the Ava rape.

Is she looking for a piece of Boyd's business?
Is she hot for Ava?
Is she being paid to watch over Ava by Boyd (Or somebody else)?
Heh, I'm not saying your pessimism is wrong in this show, but I am amused that you did not even consider the possibility that she was just doing the right thing.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
sean67854
Why?

I thought she said that Ava was protected while she was beating on mini-guard, so I'm assuming Boyd has paid some people off.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:36 PM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
I thought she said that Ava was protected while she was beating on mini-guard, so I'm assuming Boyd has paid some people off.
She did. So somebody has arranged for her protection, and Boyd is the obvious candidate. But "obvious" isn't always "right" in television drama...

When Mini-Guard was manhandling Ava, I wonder if the fact that he didn't look like he could even hope to pull it off was deliberate, and Ava was just holding back because she couldn't figure out what her best move was? Because she could pretty clearly mop up the floor with him, and during that scene she struck me as more perplexed than angry...
Old 01-31-2014, 03:38 PM   #13
Dawghows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
When Mini-Guard was manhandling Ava, I wonder if the fact that he didn't look like he could even hope to pull it off was deliberate, and Ava was just holding back because she couldn't figure out what her best move was? Because she could pretty clearly mop up the floor with him, and during that scene she struck me as more perplexed than angry...
No doubt she could take him, but there's no (believable) way that doesn't jam her up. I'm sure she was trying to figure out what her best move was, but mopping the floor with him is definitely not it.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #14
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Heh, I'm not saying your pessimism is wrong in this show, but I am amused that you did not even consider the possibility that she was just doing the right thing.
Well, the "right thing" would be to stop mini-guard, make sure Ava was OK, then report the incident to the warden, not ambush mini-guard in the smoking area, whip him with a baton and threaten to put a cigarette into his eye.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:07 PM   #15
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawghows View Post
No doubt she could take him, but there's no (believable) way that doesn't jam her up. I'm sure she was trying to figure out what her best move was, but mopping the floor with him is definitely not it.
Right...the alternate wasn't her beating the crap out of him or him being a genuine threat, the alternate was that the scene was badly staged and shot. Which this doesn't seem to be that kind of show, but you never know.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:52 PM   #16
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
Well, the "right thing" would be to stop mini-guard, make sure Ava was OK, then report the incident to the warden, not ambush mini-guard in the smoking area, whip him with a baton and threaten to put a cigarette into his eye.
Maybe. Depends on whether "the warden" is the type to let it slide. The fact that this does not seem to be the first time that mini-guard has done something like this points to "the warden" either being incompetent or not caring.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #17
Doh

That's a come down from mini Big Bad to mini guard.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:37 AM   #18
cheesesteak
Meh.

I saw the "Danny Strong" in the opening credits and thought "I haven't seen that name in a long time.

I wanted to smack Kendall Crowe upside his smart-alex head. Then his willingness to go along with Raylan made me wonder if he secretly hates his older brother.

Why the heck would Raylan show up at the ho house alone amidst criminals like the Crowes to remove Kendall? That can't possibly be the official procedure.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #19
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
...Why the heck would Raylan show up at the ho house alone amidst criminals like the Crowes to remove Kendall? That can't possibly be the official procedure.
Since when did Raylan EVER follow "official procedure"?

XL4
Old 02-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #20
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Don't you remember? That one time? I think it was in Season 2...
Old 02-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #21
Idearat

Quote:
I saw the "Danny Strong" in the opening credits and thought "I haven't seen that name in a long time.

I wanted to smack Kendall Crowe upside his smart-alex head. Then his willingness to go along with Raylan made me wonder if he secretly hates his older brother.

Why the heck would Raylan show up at the ho house alone amidst criminals like the Crowes to remove Kendall? That can't possibly be the official procedure.
Removing a minor from a home situation, with the family angry and threatening you. That's the same situation his new squeeze told him about. While she didn't do it solo, she still stood up to an angry father.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #22
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Yeah, I know it's his M.O. but it was dumb, like a lot of other things Raylan does.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #23
philw1776

Quote:
Yeah, I know it's his M.O. but it was dumb, like a lot of other things Raylan does.
Uh, why do think Art & the rest of the office dump all over the guy week after week?
Old 02-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #24
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
Removing a minor from a home situation, with the family angry and threatening you. That's the same situation his new squeeze told him about. While she didn't do it solo, she still stood up to an angry father.
Just to throw a little reality in, some form of police force has to be present with social workers when they show up to remove a child from her or his home. It wouldn't usually be the Marshall's Office, but they could. They had a warrant to remove him. They should have had a social worker with them so he could be remanded to state custody right there, but they don't have to.

/irl
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #25
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
Just to throw a little reality in....
THAT has NO business in a Justified thread...

XL4
Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #26
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Remember that the "fed that Nicky owned" was Ned Ryerson of the FBI, not Raylan.

Wait until Payson(?) has a very alive "white trash" Boyd walk in on him.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #27
philw1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndrews View Post
Remember that the "fed that Nicky owned" was Ned Ryerson of the FBI, not Raylan.

Wait until Payson(?) has a very alive "white trash" Boyd walk in on him.
Good point but does Art know that? The implication to Art seemingly is they're talking about Raylan. Regardless, Raylan did knowingly set the guy up to get killed and even was there. Not good, once Art finds out. Their interaction will be epic.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #28
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

I mighta zoned out.

Who's hand was that?

And honestly, who takes that as proof of death? Head, yes. Hand, no.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #29
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
I mighta zoned out.

Who's hand was that?

And honestly, who takes that as proof of death? Head, yes. Hand, no.
Boyd mentioned to Mrs. Trophy Wife that hubby had a few bodies in his funeral home business.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #30
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Ah, makes sense. Thanks.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote