TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-30-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
mike386

Upgrade HD on T6 Roamio

If I get a T6 Roamio from Atlantic Broadband, can I upgrade the hard drive? They only have 1TB (it's basically a Roamio Plus). The monthly fee is barely more than a cable card so it would be a pretty good deal. I just need a bigger hard drive, and don't trust the expanders because they crash and you lose everything. I was just wondering if anyone has tried sticking in a bigger hard drive.

Also, what features are not available on the T6 from ABB? I heard that it does not stream and that there is no Netflix app.
mike386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
mike386

Also, will a Tivo Mini work with the T6?
mike386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
mattack

AFAIK, you NEVER get any over the top services (non-cable-supplied) with cable-company-supplied Tivos.

For the *regular* Roamios, you can apparently put in an up to 3 TB drive and it 'just works' (unlike previous Tivos, which are fairly easy to a pain to upgrade).. but of course you lose everything on the original drive, AND have to repair the cable cards.

Plus, I'm not sure if I'd risk doing this to cable company supplied Tivos. If you break it you bought it..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote