TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #1
buscuitboy

Question 'Allow Live TV on other devices' not showing up

I have a 4-tuner Premiere that is hard wired connected to my home network via ethernet. I now have a TiVO Mini on the way to use with it. While the mini is in transit, I thought I would check out the quick start guide & prepare my Premiere to be networked with this Mini.

In step 2, it states for a 4-tuner Premiere that I "need to turn on the 'Allow live TV sharing'” (located in ‘Settings’ > ‘Remote, CableCARD, & Devices.’). When going to this area of the settings, there is no option to 'Allow Live TV on other devices'. I have forced several connections to the TiVo servers and rebooted the TiVo several times. No luck.

The guide has connecting the mini as step 4, but does the mini really need to be on my network first & basically BEFORE I try to change (or even have access to) this setting? The mini is listed on my account online so I know its attached and related as needed.

What am I doing wrong here or what else may need to be done to get the Premiere set up properly?

Last edited by buscuitboy : 01-30-2014 at 08:43 AM.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
tatergator1

The directions are outdated. Those were written before Dynamic Tuner Allocation was added to the software. Not much to really do until the Mini arrives. When you get that setup, it will probably do 2 restart sequences for updates and such. Since the Mini is already on your Tivo account, the Premiere should already know about it. IF your having setup issues, force a connection with the Premiere. Once the Mini is hooked up and updated, the final setup screens on the Mini should finish everything up. There's no need to do anything on the Premiere since Dynamic Tuner Allocation was added.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
buscuitboy

Sounds good and I guess I will just wait till the mini arrives for everything to come together as needed.

Last edited by buscuitboy : 01-31-2014 at 09:11 AM.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote