Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #61
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
I liked the cowboy as a person, but yes... wearing the hat during workouts and weigh-ins was just strange.
I liked him too except for having to wear the hat all the time.

I wasn't surprised that the 2 leaders in percentage were the only 2 that really competed to win the challenge. After talking a big talk most of the others almost started walking immediately. I wished they would have shown their times.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #62
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Man David looked 10 years younger.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #63
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Yeah. I cried.
I realize that I was emotionally manipulated, but dang it worked.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #64
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

TBL *really* doesn't like facial hair, they always shave the contestants in the makeover rather than trim.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #65
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

I enjoyed makeover week. Everyone looked great.

For anyone interested, TBL:Australia is back as well. Really interesting concept this year. Two of the trainers went to the fattest town in Australia and weighed the whole town in. Then they interviewed people to come back to their ranch and go through the process. Not sure how eliminations are going to work this time around and there is a trainer missing but there is always some kind of twist to that version. People that get eliminated probably go train with the missing trainer.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #66
laria
Librocubicularist

Too bad the shaving didn't extend to Bob and his mustache.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:00 AM   #67
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Yeah. I cried.
I realize that I was emotionally manipulated, but dang it worked.
The emotions by David's daughters were real and that alone was enough to get my wife and mother-in-law weeping. That felt genuine to me... not manipulative. Some of the other 'reveals' were less genuine feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
TBL *really* doesn't like facial hair, they always shave the contestants in the makeover rather than trim.
I think 'cause generally overweight people grow facial hair to camouflage their weight. Shaving the beard is like saying "I don't need camouflage anymore.

Plus he looked good without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Too bad the shaving didn't extend to Bob and his mustache.
I swear I saw that caterpillar move during the weigh-in.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #68
Marc
Now Legally Married

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I swear I saw that caterpillar move during the weigh-in.
I couldn't tell. I was distracted by the gold sparkle coming from his mouth when he spoke.

Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #69
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I think 'cause generally overweight people grow facial hair to camouflage their weight. Shaving the beard is like saying "I don't need camouflage anymore.
Well, that plus he kept talking about how he started growing it when he got diagnosed with diabetes and wasn't going to shave it until he'd lost 100 lbs on the ranch, so... he was planning to shave it all along.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:07 AM   #70
debtoine
WTTWDC

Rachel winning the triathlon wasn't a huge surprise, I think. Although I thought she'd had a bigger lead after the swimming.

I really like her, and want her to win, but given that she's at 150lbs already! I can't see her beat the other two guys.

T

debtoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #71
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Between last week's show and this week's show, was it just one week real time? Or had they been training for the sprint triathlon for longer than a week?

The losses the women put up seemed like just a week, but were the guy's losses just fantastic for one week's loss at this point in the process, or was it longer than a week and the women just didn't do so hot? Though I guess Rachel's loss was not bad at all given where she's at.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #72
laria
Librocubicularist

That had to be a longer "week" given the guys' losses.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #73
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtoine View Post

I really like her, and want her to win, but given that she's at 150lbs already! I can't see her beat the other two guys.
Because she wasn't vulnerable to the red line you'll remember she only posted a one pound loss this week.

She could have loaded up on water to "hide" any loss this week and then it will magically be revealed and added onto her losses next week.

I think they do a lot of water loading/dehydrating around weigh ins to try and manipulate results.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #74
laria
Librocubicularist

My first thought was that she water loaded, too, but she doesn't really have anything to gain by doing it in the last week.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #75
MLR930
Gamer Goddess

I still watch this show every week but I have had a hard time finding someone to really root for. I haven't been a big supporter of anyone since Abby Rike.

Herbalife Distributor and Wellness Coach
MLR930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #76
debtoine
WTTWDC

Quote:
Because she wasn't vulnerable to the red line you'll remember she only posted a one pound loss this week.

She could have loaded up on water to "hide" any loss this week and then it will magically be revealed and added onto her losses next week.

I think they do a lot of water loading/dehydrating around weigh ins to try and manipulate results.
Since the finale is against starting weight, this strategy doesn't really make sense, though.

T

Old 01-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #77
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
My first thought was that she water loaded, too, but she doesn't really have anything to gain by doing it in the last week.
Quote:
Since the finale is against starting weight, this strategy doesn't really make sense, though.
It could lull the others into a false sense of security- they might think she's slowing down.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #78
Marc
Now Legally Married

TC CLUB MEMBER
Do we know how many (real) weeks there are between last night's recorded episode and next week's live episode?

Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #79
debtoine
WTTWDC

Quote:
It could lull the others into a false sense of security- they might think she's slowing down.
Since there are two big guys left, I don't think either one of them will take it easy, just because they feel Rachel is slowing down. But, I hear what you're saying. Also, who knows how long she has to make decisions like this, and she might not have thought it through all the way.

Toine

Old 01-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #80
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Since there are two big guys left, I don't think either one of them will take it easy, just because they feel Rachel is slowing down. But, I hear what you're saying. Also, who knows how long she has to make decisions like this, and she might not have thought it through all the way.
I think Bobby would go easy if he thought he could get away with it.
I just don't get a sense of conviction from him.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #81
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
I think Bobby would go easy if he thought he could get away with it.
I just don't get a sense of conviction from him.
I see Bobby as the person to gain the weight back.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #82
MLR930
Gamer Goddess

holy crap give the new Biggest Loser a sandwich! no wonder she almost fell, she's probably dizzy! Jillian's face said it all!

Old 02-04-2014, 11:14 PM   #83
laria
Librocubicularist

Yeah, Bob and Jillian looked shocked, and not in a good way. She went way too low. Her face was kind of scary with the stretched skin!

Not surprised that Ruben had a lackluster final weigh in... not really unexpected given his progress on the show, and hey, good for him for losing > 100, but both he and Hap should have done better.

And holy crap, Tumi?! Who saw that coming?!

Kind of annoyed that we are having yet another storm tomorrow. Why are there always winter storms on Wednesdays? The show gets all squashed up from the stupid cancellation graphic at the bottom and makes all the people look fatter than they really are. It says something that Rachel did not even look fat all squashed up like that to me!

Noticed Courtney from a few seasons ago in the audience, the one that was on the show with her mother and lost a bunch of weight before it started on her own. She looked really big again.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:44 AM   #84
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

The E! posting about it quoted the Weight Watcher's healthy weight for a woman of her height (5'4") as 117-146... she's 105. Self magazine's calculator lowers it to 108. Still pretty low.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:30 AM   #85
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Rachel's weight loss really scared me, too. I hope that was an "I'm THIS close to winning a quarter of a million dollars, I'm going for it" thing and she adds back some of that to a healthy level now.

And Tumi DID look amazing. Think her and Jillian are good friends???
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:41 AM   #86
cl8855
woot!

That was horrible to watch!

All the other women were clearly strong and muscled, and she was emaciated and shrunken. I hope that was purely for money and she'll gain 15-30 back right away and be more healthy. She looked better at the triathalon than this.

The two guys, and Craig and Tumi were all amazing!

After this, my wife and I were thinking they need to set a "goal weight" as the target, and any finalist who hits it shares in the prize.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #87
MLR930
Gamer Goddess

Someone on Twitter had the right idea, let there be a red line and if anyone is severely underweight you get disqualified. I know how the show is unrealistic but this girl never should have been allowed on tv like that. If cameras really put on weight she's worse than we saw on tv.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #88
laria
Librocubicularist

They must have had a lot of time at home. Wasn't she in the 150-160 area at the triathlon? That's a lot to drop at the end.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:02 AM   #89
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Rachel's weight loss really scared me, too. I hope that was an "I'm THIS close to winning a quarter of a million dollars, I'm going for it" thing and she adds back some of that to a healthy level now.

And Tumi DID look amazing. Think her and Jillian are good friends???
I thought the same thing, she's so competitive she did whatever it took to win. She went too far.

Hap actually gained weight from when they had the weigh in where Bobby came back. They showed a clip of that and Hap was at 21% at that point.

Marie looked real good.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #90
sburnside1

The at-homes almost all did great. I was amazed.

David looked fine. Bobby looked a little too thin, and commented that he wish he were in the 160s. Rachel went from an athlete look to emaciated. She lost not only the remainder of her fat, but also a lot of muscle.

I noticed they showed the clip of Dr. H telling her she was 5 lbs from professional athlete range with body fat like 3 times. She is a very likeable person and I hope the excess loss was just for the finale and that she gains about 15 lbs back and maintains a healthly life.

I noticed they didn't really show Ali Vincent this time. I saw her in the stands with her Mom. She has done an awesome job maintaining since her finale. I think she will always be my favorite since she won after all the years of people saying it wasn't possible for a woman to win.
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote