TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #1
jackief

outputs from mini

We're going to be hooking up a mini and a slingbox 350. Using the breakout component cable between them. Debate over whether to do component from slingbox to tv or can we do hdmi from mini to tv. Would both component and hdmi outputs from mini be active simultaneously? Any comments?
jackief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackief View Post
We're going to be hooking up a mini and a slingbox 350. Using the breakout component cable between them. Debate over whether to do component from slingbox to tv or can we do hdmi from mini to tv. Would both component and hdmi outputs from mini be active simultaneously? Any comments?
Yes they are output simultaneously. I use a Slingbox 350 with the component outs and the HDMI goes to an XBOne. I'm having no issue in that setup running both at the same time.

Although before I had the XBOne in the chain the HDMI out of the Mini went straight to my receiver and then to the TV. I had the Mini HDMI output going through an HDMI splitter leaving one output unused. This avoided HDCP issues when having both connections active. But since going through the XBOne I have not needed it.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
jackief

Thanks for the answer!
jackief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
Luckyluc

Thanks Aaron!
Luckyluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
markfheil

What about running HDMI directly into a TV and the composite to a Slingbox. Does that incur an HDCP cutoff with the HDMI signal active? Currently I have a cable company DVR sending HDMI to the TV and component to SlingBox, the signal to the Slingbox cuts of when the HDMI is active.
markfheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #6
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfheil View Post
What about running HDMI directly into a TV and the composite to a Slingbox. Does that incur an HDCP cutoff with the HDMI signal active? Currently I have a cable company DVR sending HDMI to the TV and component to SlingBox, the signal to the Slingbox cuts of when the HDMI is active.
I don't remember if it cut off but there was some HDCP warning. I previously used an active HDMI splitter. I put that on the output of the Mini. And just left one of the outputs unconnected to anything. This fixed any hdcp issues. But this was never specific to the Mini. The same thing occurred with other TiVos for me.

Since I routed my Mini HDMI output through an XBOne, I have not needed to use the HDMI splitter since I have not run into any hdcp issues.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote