TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
buscuitboy

Question Squaretrade warranty with TiVo AP discount?

I am about to pull the trigger and get aTiVo mini with my Advisory Panel discount. Will also get it lifetimed as well. I have been wanting to give Squaretrade a try and this seems like the best opportunity to do so.

However, I am wondering what price I should go by for getting the actual warranty. The FINAL price of the product (around $25) or the price BEFORE the discount ($99). I realize the difference is only a few bucks anyway (3yrs for $15 vs $8.50), but just wondering.

Anybody get a Squaretrade warranty for a mini with the AP discount?
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
shrike4242

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscuitboy View Post
I am about to pull the trigger and get aTiVo mini with my Advisory Panel discount. Will also get it lifetimed as well. I have been wanting to give Squaretrade a try and this seems like the best opportunity to do so.

However, I am wondering what price I should go by for getting the actual warranty. The FINAL price of the product (around $25) or the price BEFORE the discount ($99). I realize the difference is only a few bucks anyway (3yrs for $15 vs $8.50), but just wondering.

Anybody get a Squaretrade warranty for a mini with the AP discount?
You can buy a ST warranty for the MSRP value of the product and when submitting the receipt, you can let them know that you did buy it as a discounted price which you wouldn't get again if you had to replace it.

If you want a 30% off discount coupon, which SquareTrade emails three of them to all of its customers every Tuesdays and Fridays (they were 35% off for a while before the end of last year until this week, when they went back to 30% off), I'll be happy to send one if you send me a PM.

You can also look on Amazon for purchasing a SquareTrade warranty, which sometimes you can get an extra year of for certain products (AV and TVs) for not much more money. You don't have to buy the product on Amazon for the warranty purchase on Amazon, though it works best if your Amazon account email would be the same email address you'd use for your SquareTrade login.

Former:
Sony S1, Toshiba RS-TX20 w/DVD burner, Tivo S2, S2 DT, S3, TivoHD, Premiere XL (one dead, one gifted, one w/Lifetime)
shrike4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
andyw715

Here are some 30% square trade codes. Unfortunately they are only good for today.

01Q60001W7VLL0BZ
01Q60001W7VLR0BS
01Q60001W7VMV0BP
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote