TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
humbb

Inconsistent Start/End/Duration Displays

Hi, new poster here ... have been lurking since a few days before I picked up my Roamio Pro last week and have learned a lot from all of you. Decided to sign up when I noticed some inconsistencies from my Series 2 days in the way Tivo shows start/end/ and duration data for programs and I'm getting frustrated when the info screens don't give me what I need. Here is what I observed (I couldn't find this in other threads so I'm hoping it hasn't been covered before); I am generalizing and these observations may not apply in all cases:

Explore, Upcoming, and Episodes screens: Start time, but no End or Duration info

My Shows: Station (or logo) and HD flag, but no channel # or End Time.
Duration is sometimes in the preview window on the right (always for movies with star ratings), and is also in the program info window if you select the entry.

To Do: This usually has everything in the item entry or in the preview window if the item is highlighted, except for Duration. For Wish List future recordings however, there is no Start/End/Duration available in the To Do screen or program info window if you select the item (it is available if you locate the program in the guide).

I find this frustrating and more complex than I remembered with my S2 that I used from 2002-08 and retired when I got my HDTV. Sometimes I just want to know how long a future recording is when I am editing down my My Shows and To Do lists (like for my Olympics wish lists). Has anyone else felt the same way about this? I guess what I'm really looking for is a quick way to determine the duration of individual current and future recordings.

Last edited by humbb : 01-27-2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Clarification
humbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
mattack

I have noticed it too, but you seem to have gathered all of the specifics.

I suggest you write up a bug at forums.tivo.com describing the issue. Unfortunately, this is yet another one of the things they have regressed in the HD UI.

(Post the link here when you do.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:28 AM   #3
humbb

Well, I went to the Tivo Forums as you suggested, but I used the "Suggest a new feature for TiVo" link to basically ask them to include Start, End times and Duration consistently across all screens (and channel #'s and HD flags too). This, to my disappointment, did not create a linkable entry, just a message to the software team I imagine.
So, unfortunately I have no link to give you. But here's hoping they hear my plea.
humbb is offline   Reply With Quote