TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
View Poll Results: Which premium music service works best with TiVO?
Spotify 8 30.77%
Pandora 16 61.54%
Rhapsody 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 01-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
buscuitboy

Which premium subscription music service do you like

I am looking to subscribe to one of the TiVo compatible music services for my Premieres, smartphones and tablets; Pandora, Spotify or Rhapsody. Unless it has changed recently, I know Pandora is more of a radio streaming service so I am probably leaning more toward Spotify or Rhapsody (music on Demand). Which one do you like using with TiVO and why?
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

I like Pandora Best. I pay $3 a month(one year payment of $36) and I don;'t have to worry about commercials. When I hear new songs I like I just bookmark them. Then at some point later I buy them from Amazon and use the Amazon cloud player on my cell phone to listen to them in the car.

In the car for me it's 45% Pandora, 30% Amazon Cloud player, 15% Satellite radio and 10% terrestrial radio(news only).
At home it's 70% Pandora and 30% Amazon Cloud Player.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
poppagene
User

Xbox music
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:05 AM   #4
mcf57

I have Spotify and like it for the most part, but after subscribing, I learned something about it with TiVo and was a little disappointed. I had been using free Pandora on my Premiere and like it. It was basically a random like radio station based on my taste.

When I subscribed to Spotify, I assume in addition to music ondemand, I would also get the Pandora like radio feature (with paid Spotify) right on my TiVo. I got this on my smartphone with the Spotify app so there was no reason to think otherwise.

Well, I came to learn that the Spotify radio feature is NOT available on TiVos. Basically just the music ondemand. I understand that its a contract thing, but I was still disppointed in that. I thought about switching to Rhapsody, but learned they are the same way; no Rhapsody radio on the TiVos. Oh well and just thought I would mention this.
mcf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #5
aaronwt
HD Addict

For me, even with the radio feature of Spotify, it did not do as good a job as Pandora does. Everytime I tried it on Spotify, a bunch of music would pop up I didn't like. And this was after several days of liking things. With Pandora right away it gets things right for me, and only improves over time as I rate more content
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #6
mcf57

I guess it depends on what kind of music service you are interested in. If you want an OnDemand type service, Spotify is a good one. If you just want a regular random radio type service (based on your taste), then I agree that Pandora is the better one. Pandora premium is of course also cheaper ($10 vs $4/month) too so its all relative.

I just wish Spotify included the radio service (even if its inferior to Pandora) for TiVo users. Oh well.
mcf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #7
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

None of the above. I'm a Slacker Internet Radio fan. Unfortunately, not TiVo compatible.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
buscuitboy

Judging from the poll, I guess nobody really likes Rhapsody. Interesting
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #9
takeshi

I prefer Pandora but I don't use any such services with my Tivo.
takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscuitboy View Post
Judging from the poll, I guess nobody really likes Rhapsody. Interesting
it's not necessarily that i don't like rhapsody, i have no need - there are other apps that are free and much lighter. why pay a premium for a bohemuth, when online streaming will do?

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:09 PM   #11
ffitzgerald39

Is Spotify still available on the Roamio?

I use Pandora on the Roamio Pro and looked to try my existing Spotify account on the Roamio but found Spotify is no longer listed under Music on the Roamio.
ffitzgerald39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #12
celtic pride

I have the premiere and spotify is still on there,I currently have rhapsody i pay $5.00 a month for it ! Only because i had cancelled it,But then rhapsody offered it for 5 bucks a month if i would stay so i said o.k.,But i still keep getting the v301 error code going on 4 years so i might switch to spotify (i'm currently on a 2 month free trial offer.) As a side note I also have an onkyo av receiver that has internet radio and music apps ,lately i havent been able to use rhapsody on it ,onkyo told me rhapsody wont work on there system anymore because rhapsody changed something in the way they they stream there content that wasnt compatible with onkyo. P.S. if your spotify app is not showing on your roamio do a retsart of your tivo hope fully that should work!

Last edited by celtic pride : 01-27-2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: forgot to add 1 remark
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote