think you have them both confused. playon is the DLNA streamer and playlater is the recorder.
1. works fine, no issues that i have come a crossed. recording is identical to what the site is giving you. so if your isp is bottlenecking and the video is buffering, you will experience the same thing. all these two programs do is emulate internet explorer and record what is showing inside its browser. So if you tell playlater to record something on Hulu thats 1 hr long, it will take playlater 1 hr to record it.
2. no, individually.
3. playlater recordings can be set to mp4 or their proprietary format. you'll want mp4 for flexibility.
4. no, put once you have the playlater recording, you can fast forward the commercials yourself with whatever player you are using.
5. you should be ok, especially with sd content. Hd might be difficult. its all CPU, not GPU.
6. already have both lifetime, no need to buy again.
7. get the playon pytivo fork so you can watch playon on the tivo.
Lifetime Subs: 2 TiVo Premiere's | TiVo HD | TiVo Stream
OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Aero 1 : 01-27-2014 at 12:23 PM.