TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
wphall

Pandora Gone From TiVo Premier- If so, I'm finally Dumping TiVo

Hello- Woke up this morning, and TiVo removed Pandora from the music service options.

What happened? It is absolutely gone (as far as I can tell). If TiVo removed Pandora, I am finally soooo done with TiVo and will end my 10+yrs of time with TiVo.

Where did Pandora go?
wphall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
tatergator1

It's likely a display issue. The app was updated by Pandora and the old one removed. From TiVo Central hit the following buttons on your remote:
Thumbs down, thumbs up, play, play.

This will restart the user interface and thr new Pandora should be visible.
tatergator1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
cbrunner

Restarting my TiVo fixed this for me, in case anyone else is having this problem.
cbrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
celtic pride

I restarted my tivo but every time i want to use the new pandora app i have to sign in ,as pandora doesnt remember my login,this is a hassle to have to sign in and put my email address every time i want to listen to music.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #5
wphall

Hello- I've restarted 3 times and still don't see it. Is there a special restart sequence?

Thx
Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #6
jgametest

Wink Are you on the latest 20.38 and have you...

Assuming you have the latest release of Tivo, this means if you see the OperaTVStore you have the update. You might need to push a connection to TiVo.

Settings, Network, Connect to Tivo.

IF you don't have the new apps, please PM or email me your TSN so I can reach out to Margret for you. Everyone should have received the rollout by now. But some subscribers were seeing delays for the new apps.

John

Jgametest@outlook.com
jgametest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:11 PM   #7
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Nice that it was the opposite of your fears... instead of being gone, its updated

Check the software version on your tivo... you should be running 20.3.8. If you have more units,(ignoring older units of course) make sure they are all running this version too

As suggested above, force a call home and then do a regular three thumbs down restart on all of your tivos.

There are two pieces... you have to have 20.3.8 and you have to have it "turned on" on the other end. Most people seem to take a few days to a week to get it turned on after getting the software, but you might have slipped through the cracks as noted above

When you're rocking, you'll get the new Pandora, Netflix and Youtube apps as well as the opera app store and its mostly shovels of <cough> apps.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
wphall

Howdy- ok, did a phone home and more restarts. Still no luck.

Software version is 20.3.8-01-2-746

Is it ok to send in my tivos id to the email above? It's not a TiVo email address.

Thx
Old 01-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #9
jgametest

Red face :)

I was just offering a different way to reach me, I've helped out a few members sending TSN's over to Margret's Twitter account since she has responded to me more than a few times. I could just let her know that your TSN is on the right roll out, but have not yet seen the apps hit the system. Could be a logic reason behind it, (Backlogged) but won't know until you send a tweet to her.

@tivodesign
https://twitter.com/tivodesign
jgametest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #10
wphall

Hey jgametest- Thanks for the help. I mis-asked that question… I should have asked…

Is it ok to put the TSN out there.. reads like it is. I'll ping you and thank you for the help.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
Tron59

What I found is the the new updates for Pandora, Tivo and Youtube all require the Excruciatingly slooooooowwwwww HD menus. No more Pandora for SD menus. This to is getting very old and I have had TIVO since 1998 and the Premier has been a big disappointment and continues to be. IF TIVO continues to force more apps to HD then here is a suggestion. FIX HD MENU first! Now I have a very fast cable modem and measure download speeds of 25MB/s and upload of 6MB/s and I ask why does it sometime take 1-2 seconds just to go up or down one line in the TIVO central menu???????? How much faster of a connection does one need?
Tron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #12
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron59 View Post
What I found is the the new updates for Pandora, Tivo and Youtube all require the Excruciatingly slooooooowwwwww HD menus. No more Pandora for SD menus. This to is getting very old and I have had TIVO since 1998 and the Premier has been a big disappointment and continues to be. IF TIVO continues to force more apps to HD then here is a suggestion. FIX HD MENU first! Now I have a very fast cable modem and measure download speeds of 25MB/s and upload of 6MB/s and I ask why does it sometime take 1-2 seconds just to go up or down one line in the TIVO central menu???????? How much faster of a connection does one need?
It's the processor in the Premiere, not your connection speed. That's why it's only gotten small performance improvements over the years, small optimizations.

The fix is easy. Get a Roamio.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #13
JolDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron59 View Post
This to is getting very old and I have had TIVO since 1998.
No, you haven't.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #14
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I would not be shocked if the upcoming Spring Premiere update eliminated the SDUI altogether.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #15
poppagene
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I would not be shocked if the upcoming Spring Premiere update eliminated the SDUI altogether.
I would be shocked and appalled
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote