TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
rucheridee

Is there a Now Playing List on the roamio plus?

I was following these instructions to transfer some tivo recordings to my Mac. I can't seem to find the Now Playing List to select my MacBook Pro.
rucheridee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
rucheridee

I found my Mac at the bottom of My Shows. The problem is my network setup. The roamio worked fine with my netgear wirelessN router but recently got a smart router from cablevision/optimum. Had trouble connecting the tivo to the smart router and even had the cablevision tech at my house. We finally got the tivo connected to the smart router (had to remove the Ethernet cable from the surge protector) but the streaming stopped working. We noticed all the attached devices showed up under wifi connections, not wired (previously we saw tivo under wired). So we put netgear behind the smart router & everything started working. Or saw I thought until I started playing around with transferring tivo recordings. So tivo is on one network(old netgear router) while my networked USB drive is on another(new smart router)
Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #3
rucheridee

Btw I still can't figure out how to get something into the Now Playing List. When I clicked on my Mac it says My MacBook Pro PC's Now Playing List could not be displayed because it is unavailable. My Mac is connected to the old netgear router (same network that the tivo is on). How can I select shows to get on the Now Playing List?

This is my first tivo & totally unfamiliar with how everything works.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
rucheridee

Can anyone explain how this last step works from
http://www.maclife.com/article/howto...ideos_and_tivo

Quote:
Finally, on your TiVo, scroll all the way down to the bottom of your Now Playing List, and you’ll see your Mac listed there. Choose the videos that you want to transfer, and TiVo will transfer the movies into your Now Playing List so they’re available even after your Mac is turned off.
How do you choose the videos to transfer?

BTW I got everything working under the new smart router. The 3 things I could think of
- change ssid up front (if u plan to change it). Tech had me enter the ssid I wanted b4 we got into the router
- put the Ethernet cable for TiVo in slot #1 of the router
- don't use a surge protector with Ethernet even if it was working for a previous configuration
Hope that may help anyone having trouble with optimum smart router.
And of course hard reboot everything from cable modem down.

Last edited by rucheridee : 01-12-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:40 AM   #5
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucheridee View Post
Can anyone explain how this last step works from
http://www.maclife.com/article/howto...ideos_and_tivo

How do you choose the videos to transfer?

BTW I got everything working under the new smart router. The 3 things I could think of
- change ssid up front (if u plan to change it). Tech had me enter the ssid I wanted b4 we got into the router
- put the Ethernet cable for TiVo in slot #1 of the router
- don't use a surge protector with Ethernet even if it was working for a previous configuration
Hope that may help anyone having trouble with optimum smart router.
And of course hard reboot everything from cable modem down.
I forget the exact wording, but you should be able to select your computer's entry in the Now Playing list. When you do, you'll be taken to a submenu with that device's shows. When you select a show, it should give you an option to transfer the recording. Once a recording transfer is in progress, you can still navigate the menu and queue up other shows to transfer.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:39 AM   #6
Gary-B

[quote=rucheridee;9966484]Btw I still can't figure out how to get something into the Now Playing List. When I clicked on my Mac it says My MacBook Pro PC's Now Playing List could not be displayed because it is unavailable. My Mac is connected to the old netgear router (same network that the tivo is on). How can I select shows to get on the Now Playing List?

This is my first tivo & totally unfamiliar with how everything works.[/QUOT

On a windows PC, I need to put the video in a directory called
C:\Users\Gary\Documents\My Tivo Recordings for the tivo to see the files. This is the same place any downloaded video from the tivo goes. I've never touched a mac but I'm guessing it should be the same procedure. I'd check out the preference settings in Tivo Decktop.
67" Samsung DLP
55" Samsung Plasma
61 Terabytes Storage.
Popcorn Hour C-300
Gary-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #7
windracer
joined the 10k club

That article you linked to is from 2009. It's possible that "backdoor" for TiVo Desktop for the Mac doesn't work anymore.

If you really want to transfer videos to your TiVo from your Mac, look into pyTivo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #8
mattack

Just use kmttg to get from the Tivo to the Mac, and pyTivo from the Mac to the Tivo.. I currently use pyTivoX, but I admit that when I tried to use it, my Roamio Plus hung with the 'wait a minute' message up (not the spinny gears).. I mean to try again using the command line pytivo directly (which is way more updated than pyTivoX).. but I transfer all the time to my Premiere 4, with no problems..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #9
rucheridee

Wow kmttg & pyTivoX worked real well to pull & push back. This was exactly what I was looking for - at least for now til I get more comfortable.

The UI for kmttg is a little confusing at the beginning. Without it though I wouldn't had been able to configure iTivo as quickly. I need to use iTivo as I have snow leopard. Does anyone know which Format I should select for tivo recordings? I want to download just like I did with kmttg & not do anything special for now. And then when needed, push the same recording back via pyTivoX. Does iTivo create a .tivo file like kmttg?