TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-25-2014, 03:55 AM   #1
Princess9483

How do you know when it's time to upgrade your hard drive?

So I joined the Tivo fan base over a year ago with a used Premiere XL and a OLED S3, and while I love my XL it is starting to act up. For example, every once in a while my rewind function will go past the normal 30 min live record time then when I hit play it will start but out of nowhere it will catch itself up to where it needs to be. Then there are times when a recorded program will end and it goes back to My Shows and it would be all black except for the live tv show in the upper right corner. Is this just my hard drive or are you guys experiencing the same software issue?

The S3 needs a new hard drive, which is understandable due to its age, and I know it is not that difficult to replace, minus the striped screw, but I would hate to replace this hard drive as well seeing that I would have hoped to get at least a couple more years out of it. Any information would be great. (Especially on the striped screw) Thanks!
Princess9483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
ggieseke

The black screen issue is a bug in the new 20.3.8 software. It only seems to happen when switching resolutions. The workaround for now is to go into the video settings and uncheck everything except 1080i & 1080p.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
Princess9483

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggieseke View Post
The black screen issue is a bug in the new 20.3.8 software. It only seems to happen when switching resolutions. The workaround for now is to go into the video settings and uncheck everything except 1080i & 1080p.
Thanks!
Princess9483 is offline   Reply With Quote