TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
kturcotte

Wishlist auto records?

When did Tivo make newly created wishlists auto record? I HATE this! Anyway to just turn it off, the way it used to be?
kturcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Wishlist auto records?

Yes you can turn it off but not "the way it used to be" (default). Only on an individual basis.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
kturcotte

How? As soon as I create a wishlist it becomes an auto record wishlist and I have to go in and tell it not to auto record
kturcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by kturcotte View Post
When did Tivo make newly created wishlists auto record? I HATE this! Anyway to just turn it off, the way it used to be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kturcotte View Post
How? As soon as I create a wishlist it becomes an auto record wishlist and I have to go in and tell it not to auto record
The Roamio software had this change. Maybe 20.3.7? While you can change any individual WL after it is created, there is no way to change the default behavior for all WL.

If you are creating a WL that is going to have lots of matches, and you know you don't want ARWL, what I do is first create it with garbage, so nothing matches. Then turn off the ARWL. Then go back and change it to what you want.

Stupid kludge, but it works.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #5
squiddohio

That's a nice tip. I was creating my WishLists, and found that lists with lots of hits actually started to record shows before I could get to the "Don't Record" command. Then, when I looked at my ToDo list, it was populated with many shows with red Xs, which is just stupid. I can live with the Name This Wishlist in a different menu, but it is surely simple to add an AutoRecord: Yes/No line to the main menu. TiVo could even default this one to Yes. TiVo is being very inconsiderate here. I expected better.
squiddohio is offline   Reply With Quote